Android Nintendo DS on Android.

LightyKD

Future CEO of OUYA Inc.
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Has anyone here tried "NDS4Droid" or "TigerNDS"? Which one is currently the better one? Have both of the projects been abandoned or, is there a place where I can see regular updates? The video below makes Tiger NDS look a bit more polished but I'm sure that it's a relative to the game being played.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lFLdvN21Lyo

Tom Bombadildo

Dick, With Balls
Trophies
Website
POCKET.LIKEITS
XP
Country
United States
There was a thread about this somewhere before...meh, anyways I tried both and they both don't work well at all. As far as I know there hasn't been any work on NDS4Droid (it was more of a proof it can be done type thing) while I'm not entirely sure on TigerNDS. Quite frankly I doubt we will see NDS emulation on Android anytime soon. Maybe in a year or 5 when someone works on it and high-powered devices are more common.

Reactions: 1 person

LightyKD

Future CEO of OUYA Inc.
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It seems like a lot of emulators are being neglected. Haven't seen anything from Wii64 or Wiisx in ages and as for NDS on Android, it would be nice if things were at a point where 2D games played well. Phoenix Wright on my tab would kick ass!

Zerousen

【=◈︿◈=】
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
They have both ceased development. I couldn't seem to get TigerNDS to work, probably because I had a bad rom at the time, and was too lazy to download another one, but NDS4Droid runs Pokemon Diamond and Pearl pretty well, although the lack of sound disappointed me. Emulating NDS is harder then most people think it is, which was why I believe NDS4Droid was dropped, while TigerNDS was some sort of test.

pokefloote

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I also remember running nds4droid. I think I tried Animal Crossing or something like that? No sound and slow.
like others have said before, I dont think its the device itself, but how the emulator is programmed. We probably have the hardware to do basic/low filesize ds emulation, just not the proper development, yet.

LightyKD

Future CEO of OUYA Inc.
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Here is a third DS emu for Android called DSoid

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.qingping&feature=nav_result#?t=W251bGwsMSwyLDNd

The emulator has Dynarec support but from playing with it, there's no options menu. I'm trying to get in touch with the dev of this emu but I can seem to find a point of contact. A few things would totally help out this emulator for those of us using 7 inch tablets.

1 - The two DS screens should be the original size of the real thing.

2 - With "smaller screens" that gives enough space to create a border or background image of a opened DS. (backgrounds can be of different color DS systems, giving players a sense of color choice)

3 - You can then map buttons on the background image making the buttons distinct from the game screens,

4 - Also, we can now have the damn L and R buttons in the middle ends of the screen and not at the very top (tablet, portrait mode only)

If anyone knows how to contact the dev of this emu, please pass my suggestions along.

Tom Bombadildo

Dick, With Balls
Trophies
Website
POCKET.LIKEITS
XP
Country
United States
it can emulate better on an very good tablet.
How about on a 7' polaroid android 4.0?Will it work on this?
The DS emulator won't run well for any tablet until it's optimized better. So no.

Plus that tablet is kind of crappy anyways. 1GHz CPU, 512MB of RAM. Not all that great compared to other tablets.

D

Deleted-236924

I'm sorry, I just felt an Android emulator was worth mentioning over a Wii emulator on the Android forum.

Reactions: 1 person

LightyKD

Future CEO of OUYA Inc.
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Haven't seen anything from Wii64 [...] in ages

N64oid is just so much better.

When I was referencing Wii64 I was talking about how many emus on many platforms have gone silent. Also N64oid doesnt run many games on my tab. Only Mario 64 and Zelda is really broken.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Nut on the hill