heartgold

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Pong20302000 said:
heartgold said:
What use is this? We can already bypass to play DS games and what more do we want?

a header that cant be blocked and is for CUSTOM software
tongue.gif
DSi might benefit, custom software for DSlite, like changing the OS/layout of the menu?

Pong20302000

making notes on everything
Trophies
Website
3dsdb.com
XP
Country
heartgold said:
Pong20302000 said:
heartgold said:
What use is this? We can already bypass to play DS games and what more do we want?

tongue.gif

DSi might benefit, custom software for DSlite, like changing the OS/layout of the menu?

true

plus may (rare change) but contain a sort of code sign to test data

so if we could sign something so that it can be used

No more blocked DS = anything data loadable that can load DS data
would not open up 3DS tho

Nintendo DS and DS Lite Models of handhelds

no Dsi
frown.gif

heartgold

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Pong20302000 said:
heartgold said:
Pong20302000 said:
heartgold said:

tongue.gif

-snip-

Nintendo DS and DS Lite Models of handhelds

no Dsi
frown.gif

Guess no use for DSi =/

stinebd

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Haven't got time to read the thread right now, but in case nobody has posted it, here's the katakana...

エージングカード - eejingukaado
AGING CARD

raulpica

With your drill, thrust to the sky!
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
I'll throw this here. I'm pretty sure that this is a Burn-In Test card. It was used in pre-release to see how a DS would fare in strong-use conditions.

This was also used to see how the DS aged (hence the name "Aging card") and the eventual problems that could've arisen from that.

So this isn't the DS's Holy Grail, sorry.

ChrisRX said:
I hope a temper doesn't get it as the average board member here probably doesn't have the hardware or experience to do more than just pull the out of the DS and run the dumper homebrew. This could very easily damage the electronics on the cart.

This really needs to go into the hands of someone who actually has access to an electronics lab at home/work and can actually investigate the internals of the cart. I would guess this cart would have more hardware available to it to allow for debugging and storage of games such as extra RAM, an EEPROM and maybe an FPGA as a controller. All these things wouldn't be dumped by your average homebrew software and could also be damaged by inserting/removing the cart from a DS while switched on.

It could also be that it includes an FPGA or another microcontroller that can communicate with the DS to put it into debug mode. This would really need someone with a good knowledge (at least degree level) of electronics to analyse.
BTW, it's just a plain cart with some flash memory on it, which stores the aging program:
http://s1212.photobucket.com/albums/cc449/...nt=000_0007.jpg
http://s1212.photobucket.com/albums/cc449/...nt=000_0008.jpg

And here I go, I just killed whatever anticipation could've been for this cart
tpi.gif

8BitWalugi

Taiyohhhhhh!
Trophies
Website
www.twitter.com
XP
Country
Australia
ChrisRX said:
I hope a temper doesn't get it as the average board member here probably doesn't have the hardware or experience to do more than just pull the out of the DS and run the dumper homebrew. This could very easily damage the electronics on the cart.
Funny because I can dump my ROMs with DSL and 3-in-1.

Pong20302000

making notes on everything
Trophies
Website
3dsdb.com
XP
Country
8BitWalugi said:
ChrisRX said:

lol i thought WoodDumper can run on any flashcard now lol

8BitWalugi

Taiyohhhhhh!
Trophies
Website
www.twitter.com
XP
Country
Australia
Pong20302000 said:
8BitWalugi said:
ChrisRX said:

lol i thought WoodDumper can run on any flashcard now lol
I can't get my EZIV to work in DS mode.

So I use NDS Backup Tool.

NintendyFan

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
raulpica said:
I'll throw this here. I'm pretty sure that this is a Burn-In Test card. It was used in pre-release to see how a DS would fare in strong-use conditions.

This was also used to see how the DS aged (hence the name "Aging card") and the eventual problems that could've arisen from that.

So this isn't the DS's Holy Grail, sorry.

ChrisRX said:

This really needs to go into the hands of someone who actually has access to an electronics lab at home/work and can actually investigate the internals of the cart. I would guess this cart would have more hardware available to it to allow for debugging and storage of games such as extra RAM, an EEPROM and maybe an FPGA as a controller. All these things wouldn't be dumped by your average homebrew software and could also be damaged by inserting/removing the cart from a DS while switched on.

It could also be that it includes an FPGA or another microcontroller that can communicate with the DS to put it into debug mode. This would really need someone with a good knowledge (at least degree level) of electronics to analyse.
BTW, it's just a plain cart with some flash memory on it, which stores the aging program:
http://s1212.photobucket.com/albums/cc449/...nt=000_0007.jpg
http://s1212.photobucket.com/albums/cc449/...nt=000_0008.jpg

And here I go, I just killed whatever anticipation could've been for this cart
tpi.gif

All normal DS carts look like that, sometimes with a few different variations. I don't understand why this would be a put down?

D

Deleted-273695

The funny thing is that they wouldn't be that hard to fix, the guy smashed the pins which you could use from other parts of things to get a fully running cart... Hopefully there is a dump cause i have an original ds and dslite.

raulpica

With your drill, thrust to the sky!
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
NintendyFan said:
All normal DS carts look like that, sometimes with a few different variations. I don't understand why this would be a put down?
Because this is a Debug Dev unit cart, so people expected something awesome from that?
tongue.gif

stanleyopar2000

RIP Yuzu. "It is always morally correct..."
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
United States
8BitWalugi said:
WiiBricker said:
lol, that's useless trash
laugh.gif

If it is a 3DS Debug Dev Unit Cart, then we can talk.
Funny, I got to play with a dev 3DS at an event.

They have alternate firmware.

that japanese kid who had pictures of the 3DS and compared all the sizes to all the other DS consoles (you know what i'm talking about)

had the 3DS SDK cart in the video....wonder if that will show up in about 6 years???

(since an average product is milked for about 5 years before it goes stale)

the Nintendo DS lasted 3 years longer than normal 5 (being introduced in 2004. due to constant upgrades...DSL, DSi)

11 hours until another one of a kind find will never see the light of day with the DS scene..
unsure.gif

We can't let this one get away like the Nintendo 64DD SDK console unit did.

boktor666

Gbatemp's official Solar Boy™ Is Back!
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Someone is bidding over 200 dollars... If you are a DS fanatic, this is a must have, otherwise, this is just a card with that one aging program thing... (mentioned by the Ace already).

So would one of you really be willing to lay down that kind of money for this, even if you don't know what to do with it, except for the coolness of it.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Veho @ Veho: Firefox users be like "look at what they have to do to mimic a fraction of our power."