Former Staff
Trophies
Website
wiki.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Colombia
ndsnitrodevunitebay.jpg

Looking for the ultimate debug unit to add to your Flash Kit collection? A NDS Nitro EVA (NTR-005) debug cart has come up for auction on eBay. The seller claims he was traded a box of "smashed" carts and that the person who destroyed them didn't do such a great job with this 1 cart. The cart has been tested and is confirmed working. We would love to see this cart go to someone who can actually do some good with it. Good luck bidders!

icon11.gif
 eBay Auction Link

D

Deleted_171835

omgpwn666 said:
Very interesting. Wonder if it's 100% real.
It is.
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4CjIqaO_QeY[/youtube]

I don't have any money to be able to bid on this but I hope the person that does end up getting it, dumps it online.

Another World

Emulate the Planet!
OP
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
wiki.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Colombia
SoulSnatcher said:
I don't have any money to be able to bid on this but I hope the person that does end up getting it, dumps it online.

right from the auction page, lol. =)

"The cart's ROM has also never been dumped online, so I would suggest anyone purchasing this to have a ROM dumper so we can see what secrets the code on the chip might hide!"

-another world

ninditsu

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
followed the link thinking it was a 3DS one. that's what i get for not reading the article completely. i'm sad now. I don't think a DS one would help much considering can only be used on the old DS software, which is already hacked...

Nathan Drake

Obligations fulfilled, now I depart.
Trophies
XP
Country
ninditsu said:
followed the link thinking it was a 3DS one. that's what i get for not reading the article completely. i'm sad now. I don't think a DS one would help much considering can only be used on the old DS software, which is already hacked...

The old DS isn't really hacked. There is simply a way to bypass the slot 1 protections.

Blaze163

The White Phoenix's purifying flame.
Trophies
XP
Country
Just to clarify, this is basically like a 'master key' to the original DS, right? Bypass any and all anti-piracy measures and the like? Never seen anything like this before. So it only works with the very first DS model. The old fat brick. No help for the Lite? Not that it matters, my DS Lite died on me months ago (shortly before being sold to those dumbasses at CEX) so unless this in some way enables an old style Cyclo DS EVO to work on a 3DS and make it totally safe and untraceable and unblockable then I see little of advantage to me. But here's hoping it leads to something nice for the rest of you
smile.gif

Nathan Drake

Trophies
XP
Country
QUOTE said:
Up for grabs is a Debug Mode / Dev cartridge for the Original Nintendo DS and DS Lite Models of handhelds.

I have never seen anything quite like this before on the market. We received a few of these, totally smashed and broken up, however we were able to recover this cart and get it to load up. It was tested on each model of DSi including the 3DS, but would error out. This is because the cart is specific to testing on the original DS software on the older handhelds. This is an official Nintendo cart that was apparently supposed to be decommissioned before being tossed out, but whoever attempted to break this one didn't do a thorough enough job.

It's a debug kit for DS mode period. It works on original DS' and DSlites. Not so much DSi's and 3DS's, probably due to booting straight into DSi and 3DS mode, respectively.

Astoria

Trophies
XP
Country
Costa Rica
EVA-05

XDDD

Eva (unit)
005 (model)

Is this a sort of conspiration?

Note: this post is understandeable only by Evangeliom fans
Note2: does the word understandeable exists? XD

stanleyopar2000

RIP Yuzu. "It is always morally correct..."
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
United States
the DS is officially dead xD

THAT GUY NEEDS TO RELEASE THE DUMP TO THIS ROM.

(after he sells it XD)

most likely the person who will buy it will be a sweaty nerd who will horde it in their mothers basement forever with the collection of unreleased games on a shelf., locked away from the scene...like the Nintendo 64DD SDK...imagine if the right person could have bought that..............emulators....

Nathan Drake

Trophies
XP
Country
stanleyopar2000 said:
Nathan Drake said:
The N64 Disc Drive games that are out there are playable on several N64 emulators.

I mean an actual Nintendo 64DD emulator...but...good to know!
biggrin.gif

It would be a little pointless, as not too many games were ever designed for the N64DD. It was meant to be huge, but instead flopped really early. I guess Master Quest was originally going to be content for the N64DD, but due to it never getting off the ground, English speaking gamers instead had to wait for the special GCN disc that had OoT and Master Quest on it.

ANYWAYS, let's get back on topic. :3

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    AncientBoi @ AncientBoi: [awaits for him to notice something] :blush::ha::evil: