Hacking Nintendo DS Browser Hacked!

dblank

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
You think homebrew apps for the DS are guaranteed to be better than commercial offerings?
Is that a joke?
smile.gif

Have you compared the quality of homebrew vs commercial games? Now there are some *awesome* coders out there building apps and games for the DS in their spare time, but come on
smile.gif

The Opera browser works surprisingly better than I had imagined, I seriously doubt any of the homebrew browser projects will get anywhere near it's quality. If someone manages to make a homebrew, graphical browser that rivals the retail one I'll eat my words!

I hope they can, I'd be very impressed.

Since homebrew programs are made from the ground up it automatically guarantees it will be a hell alot better than this thing, and best of all it will be free.
cool.gif

imgod22222

GBAtemp's Original No-faced Member
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
ATTENTION TEENAGERS :
Just because the DS browser doesn't allow you to browse youtube or is too slow to load myspace doesn't mean it is automatically a bad deal. Stop bashing a piece of software you cannot understand.

That will be all.
Thank you Hitto. Even i am a teenager and think the same thing (maybe because i'm a rebel xD)
However, i would like to know where the limitation lies on not being able to have the ROM and RAM on the slot 2 device.
Kudos to Triforce on another job well done. Sure, not everyone will be able to use it, but sure as hell will, and that's all that really matters. If triforce is like me, i do things for my own gain. If other people like it, good for them. If no one else likes it, then that just sucks for them. Example: AMVs i have on youtube, but whether i get comments on them i don't care. I have an AMV i made that i like ont he internet where i can view it from anywhere at anytime.

And:

Whoever said that a homebrew browser would be better than a retail is clearly NOOB. I use the word NOOB in BIG CAPITAL LETTERS, because they are NOOB. They probably know nothing about programming, especially NDS programming. If you do, then tell me what 0x400000E references.(retorhical question) (And no, I'm not perfect either. And I admit that. Besides, i spelt rethorical wrong)
It's in the nds.h used to make homebrew, but regardless. Alot of people have put alot of time and it's not all perfect. So why would we have better answers to something that we haven't even made? Do humans have a better answer to creation than God? NO! God made life, and we play with it. Nintendo made DS, and we play with it. (yes, i did compare life to DS. A problem? could be...)

\\END RANT

Just want to finish up saying, good job Triforce. You guy(s) / girl(s) deserve a nice, long vacation after all this. (if you read this of course)

dblank

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country

I apologize in advance for my offtopic rant.

Can't resist responding to this.. I don't really like it when people go around making silly claims
smile.gif

I'd love to know how life and the universe came into being, but saying "god did it" is no explanation at all.
Since you seem to be so certain, could you explain how you came to the conclusion that God made life?

Do you think God was created? no? Maybe life wasn't created!

Maybe people should say "maybe" a little bit more.
"maybe" some super duper supernatural thingy made us, maybe not.. who knows? if you know something I don't, please enlighten me.

I wish I could accept a simple "god did it" to "explain" the cosmos, but for now I'll stick with "i don't know.. maybe...?"

It's too bad more people aren't willing to admit to their ignorance on the subject
frown.gif

God made life, and we play with it.

Brouhaha

Trophies
Website
spaces.msn.com
XP
Country
Canada
Whoever said that a homebrew browser would be better than a retail is clearly NOOB. I use the word NOOB in BIG CAPITAL LETTERS, because they are NOOB. They probably know nothing about programming, especially NDS programming. If you do, then tell me what 0x400000E references.(retorhical question) (And no, I'm not perfect either. And I admit that. Besides, i spelt rethorical wrong)

Congrats on reading a C/C++ header you rebel you (it's a background, consider it a rethorical answer...). Someone who clearly UNDERESTIMATES the power of homebrew developers is clearly a NOOB. But I just use capital letters so I can be a little bit like you.

First example that comes to mind about homebrew surpassing commercial is this: the contreversy about Jaleco using pocketnes commercially to run their classics on the GBA. There are also homebrew projects that end up finding a publisher with time. I'll let you figure out which.

I am not saying a homebrew developped browser will surpass this, just that it can. Don't ever doubt that. A lot of people ate their words when PSX and N64 ran goddamn good on the Xbox... Many more also did when Links was ported over. People like you actually
wink.gif

On topic, this is a cool hack, very cool
yaynds.gif

peer1

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Why is everyone so interested in a DS browser? DS is built for dual touch screen. I doubt a DS browser can render any web page properly because of its limited memory size and small screen. Use your computer for browsing!

rkenshin

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Why is everyone so interested in a DS browser? DS is built for dual touch screen. I doubt a DS browser can render any web page properly because of its limited memory size and small screen.  Use your computer for browsing!

Stop complaining, people like web browsing on the go, deal with it..

I have a laptop but heck, I wouldn't take that out just to browse the internet while I'm going about my day (aka not stuck at home)

CacheSyntax

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Why is everyone so interested in a DS browser? DS is built for dual touch screen. I doubt a DS browser can render any web page properly because of its limited memory size and small screen.  Use your computer for browsing!

huh.gif

Look at the bigger picture here: With the hacked browser, a GBA slot 2 device can now access it's on-board RAM as opposed to acutally buying the Opera RAM expansion. Case in point: If in the future we need extra RAM to play games, there isn't a need to purchase an extra RAM expansion as long as you have a slot 2 card already that supports it.

MrLucky

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
We don't know, 'cause our eyes are nowhere near your screen.

Tell us exactly what you typed into the command prompt.

HR_Shadow

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

MrLucky

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Lool.

/me is waiting for thursday 'til his DS-Xtreme arrives x.x
Then I shall be teh pwnz0rrsss!
It'll probably come on wednesday, but I'll wait for thursday.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: Good night