Nintendo Announces Super NES Classic Edition

SNES_Mini_Box.jpg
H2x1_NintendoClassicMiniSNES_image912w.jpg

The Super Nintendo Entertainment System, Nintendo’s follow-up console to the legendary Nintendo Entertainment System, launched in 1991 and introduced what many consider some of the greatest video games of all time – classics such as Super Mario World, The Legend of Zelda: A Link to the Past, Super Mario Kart, Super Metroid and F-ZERO.

The Super Nintendo Entertainment System, Nintendo's follow-up console to the legendary Nintendo Entertainment System, launched in 1991 and introduced what many consider some of the greatest video games of all time. (Photo: Business Wire)

On Sept. 29, this beloved console is coming back to stores in the form of the Super Nintendo Entertainment System: Super NES Classic Edition. The mini system, which contains 21 pre-installed classic games and can easily be plugged into any high-definition TV using the included HDMI cable, will be available at a suggested retail price of $79.99. And for the first time, players who pick up the system can enjoy the intergalactic adventure Star Fox 2, the sequel to the original Star Fox game that was created during the Super NES era but never released … anywhere!

“While many people from around the world consider the Super NES to be one of the greatest video game systems ever made, many of our younger fans never had a chance to play it,” said Doug Bowser, Nintendo of America’s Senior Vice President of Sales and Marketing. “With the Super NES Classic Edition, new fans will be introduced to some of the best Nintendo games of all time, while longtime fans can relive some of their favorite retro classics with family and friends.”

The Super Nintendo Entertainment System: Super NES Classic Edition has the same look and feel of the original system – only smaller – and comes pre-loaded with 21 incredible games:

• Contra III: The Alien Wars
    • Donkey Kong Country
    • EarthBound
    • Final Fantasy III
    • F-ZERO
    • Kirby Super Star
    • Kirby’s Dream Course
    • The Legend of Zelda: A Link to the Past
    • Mega Man® X
    • Secret of Mana
    • Star Fox
    • Star Fox 2
    • Street Fighter® II Turbo: Hyper Fighting
    • Super Castlevania IV
    • Super Ghouls ’n Ghosts®
    • Super Mario Kart
    • Super Mario RPG: Legend of the Seven Stars
    • Super Mario World
    • Super Metroid
    • Super Punch-Out!!
    • Yoshi’s Island
All of these games would be considered classics by anyone’s standards, and some of them in particular – Secret of Mana, Final Fantasy III, EarthBound and Super Mario RPG: Legend of the Seven Stars – are massive role-playing games that can take dozens of hours to complete. Even for super fans who have played all of these games multiple times, the inclusion of the never-before-released Star Fox 2 game will offer them something entirely new to enjoy – if they can unlock it by proving their skills in the original Star Fox game. (Well, they only have to complete the first level – we didn’t want to make it too hard!)

Included with the Super Nintendo Entertainment System: Super NES Classic Edition are one HDMI cable, one USB charging cable with AC adapter and two wired Super NES Classic Controllers, perfect for playing multiplayer games. Having two controllers will make it easy for two players to dive into multiplayer action right away. Some of the games with multiplayer options include Street Fighter II Turbo: Hyper Fighting, Super Mario Kart, Contra III: The Alien Wars and Secret of Mana.

*Note that an AC adapter for the USB cable is required to play the system but is not included in the packaging.

The Super Nintendo Entertainment System: Super NES Classic Edition launches on Sept. 29 at a suggested retail price of $79.99.

:arrow:Super Nes Classic Official Site

spotanjo3

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Nice finding but the title said: Nintendo Classic Mini Super NES Wii U lol!

Anyway, off the point for a little.. I noticed someone said #blahblah.. #blahblah... Something like that.. Why "#" next to it ? What does that mean ?

Baoulettes

The lonely man
Trophies
Website
www.baoulettes.fr
XP
Country
France
I did it !
Here a tips for french peoples :

French:
Pour ceux qui on du mal je remet en mode "novice"
1: Vider le panier
2: Si connecter, rester connecter sinon connecter vous.
3: Retourner sur :
https://www.micromania.fr/nintendo-classic-mini-super-nes-79652.html

4: Ajoute votre bien aimer au panier ( non je parle du lien la hein pas touche a Meme ! )
5: Maintenant cliquer ici :
https://www.micromania.fr/stdcheckout/standard/payment

Verifier le site et le https pour les plus septique :)
Enjoy
Merci a Simone Lernado
Au moin je serais que j'en aurais une grace toi ;)

English :
1: Clean your cart
2: If logged in stay in, if not it time to log in
3: Now go back to :
https://www.micromania.fr/nintendo-classic-mini-super-nes...

4: Add that beast in cart again (limited to one)
5: now click here :
https://www.micromania.fr/stdcheckout/standard/payment

Always check that HTTPS with making payment that important :)
Enjoy
Thanks to Simone on facebook

sorry guys Micromania is now in sold out corner
6kaevz8o6coigfj7dc5jj8279.jpg

Last edited by Baoulettes,

bjaxx87

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Yes, Amazon.co.uk said they allow to ship worldwide. Just speak with them yesterday. Don't know about Amazon Italy but since it's amazon and I still think it is able to ship worldwide.
I tried, but I wasn't able to proceed after entering my shipping address. I guess Amazon IT has different terms than UK. (I ordered from Amazon UK before, so I know they usually ship worldwide - if there isn't an item-related restriction.)

spotanjo3

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Everybody please report to Ebay. They are selling pre-order and according to the Ebay require 30 days before its release. YES EBAY SAID 30 DAYS. Don't buy them right now. They would take your money through PayPal, walk away and will not ship it to you in September. Just wait. For now, please report them so they gotta stop. :)

geodeath

Trophies
XP
Country
Everybody please report to Ebay. They are selling pre-order and according to the Ebay require 30 days before its release. YES EBAY SAID 30 DAYS. Don't buy them right now. They would take your money through PayPal, walk away and will not ship it to you in September. Just wait. For now, please report them so they gotta stop. :)

I 100% agree. However, in ebay/paypal policies buyers can file a 'non delivered' claim within 6 BLOODY MONTHS after buying anything so it is not like you are not protected either way. I had some asshole from Brazil try to scam me off my money AND my zelda limited edition for the Switch saying 'he did not receive it' 3 months after release. Yeah right, you just remembered, lol.

Reactions: spotanjo3

spotanjo3

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I 100% agree. However, in ebay/paypal policies buyers can file a 'non delivered' claim within 6 BLOODY MONTHS after buying anything so it is not like you are not protected either way. I had some asshole from Brazil try to scam me off my money AND my zelda limited edition for the Switch saying 'he did not receive it' 3 months after release. Yeah right, you just remembered, lol.

Thanks for sharing. I am a long time seller and buyer of Ebay - 100% since 1999. Therefore, I know some people are horrible. However, I didn't know about a 'non delivered' but I will be safe from now om.

Reactions: geodeath
S

Saiyan Lusitano

That's right. If a pre-sale item isn't released within 30 days it's against eBay rules to be selling it, sometimes it passes by while others it doesn't. Not as if it matters too much, it's sold out and hard to get so those that stupidly want to pay more than it's worth, it's their problem.

Reactions: spotanjo3

spotanjo3

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
That's right. If a pre-sale item isn't released within 30 days it's against eBay rules to be selling it, sometimes it passes by while others it doesn't. Not as if it matters too much, it's sold out and hard to get so those that stupidly want to pay more than it's worth, it's their problem.

I reported them and most of them disappear but next day the new items appears. I gave up and that's their problem. I agree.

NESjimbo

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yes they do, I spoke to a rep the other day, the information about it not shipping is incorrect.
There's still the problem of there being TWO different Amazon UK product pages for the SNES Classic. The first one popped up with the announcement and was for GBP 66.66. I pre-ordered one of those. Then the next day a second Amazon page popped up, and it took more pre-orders. I think that one was the accurately priced 69.99. My fear is that they will cancel all orders for the first posting.

the_randomizer

The Temp's official fox whisperer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
There's still the problem of there being TWO different Amazon UK product pages for the SNES Classic. The first one popped up with the announcement and was for GBP 66.66. I pre-ordered one of those. Then the next day a second Amazon page popped up, and it took more pre-orders. I think that one was the accurately priced 69.99. My fear is that they will cancel all orders for the first posting.

They won't. I've had a few people on here and me personally speak with a rep, many new outlets are saying it, Nintendo Life, IGN, Kotaku, Facebook groups Nintendo Enthusiast, all say it will ship. We just need to be patient and preorder one in the US side once that opens up as a precaution. I'm pretty sure we can take their word for it.

Reactions: NESjimbo
S

Saiyan Lusitano

Amazon UK usually honours the pre-orders of their customers so probably won't cancel as it's confirmed to exist, the thing is, if you have two Classic SNES orders you'll just pay £10 less and £10 more.

NESjimbo

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Amazon UK usually honours the pre-orders of their customers so probably won't cancel as it's confirmed to exist, the thing is, if you have two Classic SNES orders you'll just pay £10 less and £10 more.
The one I preordered under hit #1 on one of their charts, so if they did cancel them, there'd be a TON of pissed off people.

NESjimbo

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
They won't. I've had a few people on here and me personally speak with a rep, many new outlets are saying it, Nintendo Life, IGN, Kotaku, Facebook groups Nintendo Enthusiast, all say it will ship. We just need to be patient and preorder one in the US side once that opens up as a precaution. I'm pretty sure we can take their word for it.
If that's the case, then happy days! I stalked Gamestops, Amazon, Targets, BrickSeek/NowInStock for over two months before I got my first NESC, and lucked upon a second one via Prime Now two months later. Successfully preordering an SNES Classic without weeks of effort doesn't seem real. Still gotta get a US version too though...

tech3475

Trophies
XP
Country
So what is the actual UK price of this? GAME and Amazon had £79.99 but I'm seeing £69.99 elsewhere.

In the past I've had mixed reactions with Amazon and 'wrong prices'.

I've had DVD boxsets for a tenth of their price but cancelled SSDs which were around the same price difference.

I suspect in this case they will honour this one though considering the small difference, but you could also check with them just in case.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    BigOnYa @ BigOnYa: Wish they would let us play the NCAA football 14 on newer xbox, its one of the only games I love...