Nintendo announces new "starter pack" game bundles for popular first party titles

bxUQT8A9M3sI19HClxK3sEajDM6bni.jpg

Three first party Nintendo Switch titles will be getting a new release format thanks to the recently announced starter pack bundles. Super Mario Odyssey, The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild, and Splatoon 2 will soon be available in a large box that simply includes the boxed version of the game, alongside a strategy guide. Super Mario Odyssey's comes with the Traveler's Guide, Breath of the Wild has the Explorer's Guide, and Splatoon 2 offers a regularly named Strategy Guide. These packs will cost the regular retail price of #59.99, effectively making the guidebooks free.

:arrow: Splatoon 2
:arrow: Breath of the Wild
:arrow: Odyssey

Arras

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
So just reselling the games at full price?
It's not like the regular price has gone down on these games, as far as I'm aware. Also, if the Breath of the Wild pack is 59.99 too, that would actually be cheaper, I think the regular cost is €69.99 here.

Xandrid

Trophies
XP
Country
Nigeria
It's not like the regular price has gone down on these games, as far as I'm aware. Also, if the Breath of the Wild pack is 59.99 too, that would actually be cheaper, I think the regular cost is €69.99 here.
I think there have been deals and stuff, also if that's the case for places outside the US then that's cool

VitaType

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
That's nice. I like a good strategy guide, but that they extended it to Mario Odysse now, pretty sure it's old news for Splatoon 2 and BotW, makes me worry if they skip the Nintendo Selects program this gen. :unsure:
(Hopefully Pikmen 4 gets one too. Actually makes me want to wait a year after release or such just in case, I mean I already waited years for it now)

Oh gosh I thought you were joking but its real. That pun.

No wonder they changed it.
I wonder if they can beat that pun with the Yoshi strategy guide ;) (Double Yoshi expl...)

Last edited by VitaType,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Manual charging