Nintendo announces new "starter pack" game bundles for popular first party titles

bxUQT8A9M3sI19HClxK3sEajDM6bni.jpg

Three first party Nintendo Switch titles will be getting a new release format thanks to the recently announced starter pack bundles. Super Mario Odyssey, The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild, and Splatoon 2 will soon be available in a large box that simply includes the boxed version of the game, alongside a strategy guide. Super Mario Odyssey's comes with the Traveler's Guide, Breath of the Wild has the Explorer's Guide, and Splatoon 2 offers a regularly named Strategy Guide. These packs will cost the regular retail price of #59.99, effectively making the guidebooks free.

:arrow: Splatoon 2
:arrow: Breath of the Wild
:arrow: Odyssey

Paulsar99

Trophies
XP
Country
Togo
More than a year later rather than drop the price let's just add a guide and keep the price at 60 bucks. Guides are pretty useless nowadays since you have google and youtube to help you.

tbb043

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I already have BOTW on Wii U but i might get tempted by the game+guide bundle. I assume the guide that comes with the game applies to both versions of the game right?

Assuming it's the same guide that's been out since the game came out, yep. I dunno how it wouldn't the Wii U version is the same except for some useless graphical "fluff" and motion controls not requiring the "screen pad" on Switch.

VitaType

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Do you really need a guide for any of these games?
No, of course not. I find it strange if people read guides before having finished the game even with more complex/open games such as RPGs where you can miss loot and other things, but once you finished a game it can be nice to read what the author has to say about this and that and how a level/quest was "supposed" to be finished and maybe find one or two additional tipps for a future playthrough. I think they have more the character of casually reading a magazin devoted to a single game you like then beeing a needed help. Can be nice to have a read of them. Just for fun.

Last edited by VitaType,

lordelan

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
While I feel salty for paying 60 bucks for BotW when I can get the guide with it now (don't need it, just for collecting purposes), I think Nintendo should have pushed ARMS along with those other 3 games.
ARMS is highly underrated and needs to be pushed further. I love it and hope it gets as many fans as Splatoon at some point (although I don't see this happen).

pedro702

Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
While I feel salty for paying 60 bucks for BotW when I can get the guide with it now (don't need it, just for collecting purposes), I think Nintendo should have pushed ARMS along with those other 3 games.
ARMS is highly underrated and needs to be pushed further. I love it and hope it gets as many fans as Splatoon at some point (although I don't see this happen).
i wish nintendo adde dlc into the rereleases, but not even that lol.

VitaType

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
I think Nintendo should have pushed ARMS along with those other 3 games.
I'm pretty sure for Nintendo that IP is death for the near future. Maybe one day in the distant future it will get a second entry like Punch-Out did or other old IPs Nintendo recovered.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Veho @ Veho: The cybertruck is a death trap.