Nintendo announces InkyPen for the Switch, a subscription based comic book service

"A new way to read comics is coming", according to Nintendo. As of today, they've pulled the curtain back on InkyPen, a new subscription service focused on comic books. Though the teaser is short, it appears InkyPen will let readers pay a monthly fee in order to read from a collection of assorted comic book series. Thanks to an agreement between both companies, InkyPen is set to exclusively launch on the Nintendo Switch this November.

DiscostewSM

Trophies
Website
lazerlight.x10.mx
XP
Country
United States
Ignoring the fact that sony had an earlier motion control prototype than nintendo... But yeah, it isnt like mascot kart racing and party fighting games are genres owned by nintendo...
Wasn't Sony's prototype only found out years AFTER Wii released? Hell, the only reason why Sony brought it back was because of Wii's success. For all we know, Nintendo has been working with motion controls internally for even longer.

Pluupy

_(:3」∠)_
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Why not partner with kodansha, shounen jump, and square enix for manga?

Everyone: Youtube!!!
Nintendo: weeb comics!!
>weeb comics
> video shows american comics

pp,550x550.jpg

Reactions: Mnecraft368

DeslotlCL

GBAtemp's scalie trash
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Wasn't Sony's prototype only found out years AFTER Wii released? Hell, the only reason why Sony brought it back was because of Wii's success. For all we know, Nintendo has been working with motion controls internally for even longer.
The power glove? Eh, AFAIK sony was developing a motion control during the ps2 era, but only released one after the wii success. Other than the power glove, what other motion controlwas nintendo developing at the time?

Mnecraft368

I hate my name.
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Does anyone know if you can import your own stuff into it? I'm starting to think not..
This is Nintendo we are talking about.
Also, what good is a subscription service if you can just import your own stuff? I mean, maybe with homebrew but I doubt it will be a built in feature.

YetoJesse

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
I'm wondering why people are so set on having AND netflix AND an internetbrowser AND youtube on their switch...

In all honesty, the only moment these things are needed (and we can disregard netflix and youtube at that) is when you're in an unknown location and your phone dies out.
Seriously, WHY do you NEED these things on a gaming console.

Let me just be a prick saying: "I could just browse the internet on my phone, while I open netflix on my 'smart'-TV and watch youtube on my laptop/pc.... all that and I'm still playing a game on my switch"
Or maybe someone has the magical Switch with a 4G capability...

TankedThomas

Trophies
XP
Country
New Zealand
Between Marvel Unlimited, Comixology Unlimited, smartphones, tablets, and multiple other services, I really don't see the need for this.
Putting aside what is at least an apparent pattern of Sony copying Nintendo, the PSP actually did remote play many years before the Wii U came out, albeit only with certain games (God of War 3 was one of them, I believe).
Sony also had a first-party kart racer years earlier in Crash Team Racing, though that admittedly still came out after the original Mario Kart (not sure about MK64 off the top of my head, but probably after that too).
Plus, as others have said, those genres are hardly unique, especially kart racers.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    OctoAori20 @ OctoAori20: Nice nice-