Nintendo announces InkyPen for the Switch, a subscription based comic book service

"A new way to read comics is coming", according to Nintendo. As of today, they've pulled the curtain back on InkyPen, a new subscription service focused on comic books. Though the teaser is short, it appears InkyPen will let readers pay a monthly fee in order to read from a collection of assorted comic book series. Thanks to an agreement between both companies, InkyPen is set to exclusively launch on the Nintendo Switch this November.

Stwert

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I've already got Marvel Unlimited (And my own personal comic server). But if they get DC and Dark horse onto this, I'll throw my money at them.
Yeah, I'm 43, so what. I actually only started reading comic books about 2 years ago, never did when I was a kid so I've a lot of catching up to do :D

Reactions: Arithmatics

Axido

Maker of TRASLApp
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Announce anything, but games.

As well as games... Unless you are so picky that you don't see the almost daily announcements for Switch games.

Back to topic. I can see myself using it if it it contains enough Manga.

Last edited by Axido,
Reactions: Xzi
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
As well as games... Unless you are so picky that you don't see the almost daily announcements for Switch games.
I think they mean first party games. Sure, new Switch games are announced on a near daily basis as of late, but most are games many have never heard of. The 3rd party side of the Switch is going well, the 1st party side is kind of dry this year. At E3 they showed Mario Party, ... and an oversized trailer for Smash. Then, ANOTHER oversized trailer for Smash in the form of a direct. And then Nintendo thinks people want comic books. While that is cool for some, most people buy game consoles to play games.

Lycan911

wolf boi
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
innovation-from-sony_o_2134579.jpg

Reactions: ry755 and nWo

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users