♪Toot Toot Sonic Warrior♫
OP
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
Canada
Nintendo 64 came out on September 29 1996, which means that it will be 15 years old this year. In order to celebrate it, we must pay a tribute to some of the best games ever made such as Goldeneye, Mario Kart 64, Super Mario 64 and so on. What we will do on this date is play Nintendo 64 with our gamer's pride and will not play COD or anything else. SPREAD THE WORD! (Remakes count!)
Facebook Event for you forgetful ones
wink.gif

BoxmanWTF

OP
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
Canada
About Eight days Left!!!
SPREAD THE WORD AND PLAY THE N64 TILL YOUR THUMBS BREAK! Whether or not it's on Wii Virtual console, Emulators or Remakes, Just play the games!

BlueStar

Trophies
XP
Country
Maybe I was just too old to have the nostalgia factor, but I really don't think it was that great a system and its aged pretty badly. Saying that, we played the hell out of Mario Kart 64, Mario Golf and WWF No Mercy at uni.

I'd say both its forerunner and predecessor were better systems.

Another World

Emulate the Planet!
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
wiki.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Colombia
there were a few fun games on this system but sadly it had one of the worst controllers in recent gaming history. this system is better left to emulation with a ps2/ps3 controller.

SonicXXXthehedgehog said:
Nintendo 64 came out on September 29 1996,

the 1st release date was actually June 23, 1996

QUOTEThe Nintendo 64 (??????64, Nintend? Rokuj?yon?), often referred to as N64, was Nintendo?s third home video game console for the international market. Named for its 64-bit CPU, it was released in June 1996 in Japan, September 1996 in North America, March 1997 in Europe and Australia, September 1997 in France and December 1997 in Brazil

-another world

BoxmanWTF

OP
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
Canada
Another World said:
the 1st release date was actually June 23, 1996

QUOTE said:
The Nintendo 64 (??????64, Nintend? Rokuj?yon?), often referred to as N64, was Nintendo?s third home video game console for the international market. Named for its 64-bit CPU, it was released in June 1996 in Japan, September 1996 in North America, March 1997 in Europe and Australia, September 1997 in France and December 1997 in Brazil

-another world

well shizz.... close enough
tongue.gif

QUOTE(emigre @ Sep 21 2011, 07:36 PM)
Somebody remind me to play some PS1 and Saturn in eight days please.

You always make me laugh good sir XD

bowser

Mwa ha ha ha!
Trophies
XP
Country
India
Ah.....the memories
smile.gif

I got my Nintendo 64 bundled with Diddy Kong Racing and an extra black controller. It was a surprise gift for my birthday. It was my first proper gaming console because until then I only had an old second-hand Intellivision
tongue.gif

So my dad got it and put it outside the door and asked me to go check the mail. So I got the mail and saw the box and got so excited! Still clearly remember everything like it was yesterday
biggrin.gif

Guild McCommunist

(not on boat)
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I never saw why so many people loved the N64. It had some good games on it, but it felt terribly overshadowed by the PSX.

Only games I can talk fondly about on the system are like Perfect Dark and Conker. I mean I never owned it but I remember playing both at a friend's house.

Plus that controller is fucking terrible.

Maybe it's because my first home console was a PSX, but I'd have to put the PSX above it. It had not only quantity, but quality.

Bart Lemming

Gēmu Bōi mikuro
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Well, I'll have to wait until March next year to celebrate properly but just to show support I've been playing Kirby Crystal Shards on VC (which I bought!) today. Tonight I plan to play a cake-load of F-Zero X on my Chinese IQue system. I love that thing. It's like a Ninty64 controller on steroids!

And just for those naysayers (N64 Haters
tongue.gif
) here's a list of games to whet your appetite:

Conker's Bad Fur Day
Perfect Dark
Goldeneye
Banjo Kazooie
Banjo Tooie
Donkey Kong 64
Diddy Kong Racing
Jet Force Gemini
Blast Corps
Silicon Valley
Glover
Beetle Adventure Racing
Roadsters
Doom64
Quake64 (much nicer than the PSX port!)
Turok
Turok: Seeds of Evil
Super Mario 64
Mario Kart
F-Zero X
Extreme G (1&2)
Sin & Punishment
Kirby...

I could go on listing classic games (Killer Instinct Gold, Zelda, 1080, Wave Race...) but I think you get the idea!

There may not be the huge library of the PSX but the quality of these games more than make up for it IMHO.

PS: Why aren't there any N64 fan sites out there?!

PPS: The N64 emulation scene is really lacking (okay, the VC isn't too bad) so there really is no substitute for playing these gems on the real hardware. *Starts saving up for an Everdrive64...*

BoxmanWTF

OP
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
Canada
I hope everyone had fun! I think we should do things like this more often
wink.gif

Guild, I liked the PS1 too, but TBH I think the Dreamcast ran circles around both systems in the gameplay (if only it was marketed better...)

bowser

Mwa ha ha ha!
Trophies
XP
Country
India
SonicXXXthehedgehog said:
I hope everyone had fun! I think we should do things like this more often
wink.gif

Guild, I liked the PS1 too, but TBH I think the Dreamcast ran circles around both systems in the gameplay (if only it was marketed better...)
Uh...I think marketing wasn't the only reason why it failed...

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: @K3Nv2, I think i'm one too