Nintendo 3DS Apps and DSi Ware management

Discussion in '3DS - Games & Content' started by Skelletonike, Oct 18, 2011.

Oct 18, 2011
  1. Skelletonike
    OP

Member Skelletonike ♂ ♥ Gallant Pervert ♥ ♀

Portugal
    So, I just found this out today while I was messing with the settings outta boredoom. While I was in the Data Management section, I noticed that DSi Ware games can be copied to the Memory Card but can't be played unless we copy them back to the 3DS's memory. So the question is, if I by any chance, this console breaks or goes to warranty and I buy/get a new one, would I still be able to get the 3DS apps and DSi Ware games I had on that said new console? If not, is the only point for this to save space for another games?

Sorry if someone already asked something like this before. >.

2. Langin

Member Langin GBAtemp's kpop addict

Netherlands
    Nope it does not work, the games are bound to your 3DS system.

3. BoxmanWTF

Member BoxmanWTF ♪Toot Toot Sonic Warrior♫

Canada
    I think you have to give a post it note/letter on the system saying you want your apps transferred if you send it in.
    At this point in time though, we cannot transfer apps to other 3DS's by ourselves.
    I'm pretty sure it's only used to save space, and copying it to your SD card won't let you play it on anything else but the original 3DS you downloaded it from.

4. Skelletonike
    OP

Member Skelletonike ♂ ♥ Gallant Pervert ♥ ♀

Portugal
    Hmk, thanks for the info... At least now I know that I can delete the DSi Ware games if I need space for more (since the built-in memory is kinda small) as long as I save them to the card first. ^^

5. mariofanatic64

Member mariofanatic64 The guy who does things

Australia
    Just thinking out loud here, but what if you put them on the SD card, made a copy of them on your computer, and then transfer the original files back onto the system. You could theoretically make backups that would work specifically for your system in case something goes wrong and you lose the files on the system...

6. BoxmanWTF

Member BoxmanWTF ♪Toot Toot Sonic Warrior♫

Canada
    :|
    it wouldn't matter if your e-shop account is screwed, and if it isn't, you could just redownload the games