Nintendo 3DS Ambassador Program

Discussion in 'GBAtemp & Scene News' started by Another World, Aug 10, 2011.

Aug 10, 2011
  1. Another World
    OP

Former Staff Another World Emulate the Planet!

Colombia
    [​IMG]

The Nintendo 3DS Ambassador Program will allow 3DS owners to download 10 free ported NES titles before the rest of the world, as well as 10 free ported GBA titles exclusive to the Ambassador Program. To qualify for the 20 free games you only need to connect to the eShop once, which will register your Game ID into the program. Only users who purchased the 3DS before the $80 price reduction and who connect to the eShop by August 11th, 11:59pm (EST), will be registered into the program.

A partial list of the free titles includes such classics as Super Mario Bros, Donkey Kong Jr., Balloon Fight, Ice Climber, The Legend of Zelda, Super Mario Advance 3: Yoshi's Island, Mario Kart Super Circuit, Metroid Fusion, Wario Ware Inc, and Mario vs. Donkey Kong.

To double check acceptance into the program click on the eShop News. The Ambassador Program acceptance message will be listed there stating that "You are a Nintendo 3DS Ambassador!"

On September 1st, 2011, the 10 free NES titles will be available for download before they go on sale to the rest of the 3DS community. By the end of 2011 the 10 free exclusive GBA titles will be released.

If your 3DS is registered to Club Nintendo, before you start your downloads, you will receive coins for each game downloaded. This is an added little bonus for Club Nintendo users who collect and spend coins.

Do not forget to connect to the eShop by August 11th, 11:59pm (EST) to qualify for the 20 free game titles.

[​IMG] Original GBATemp News Post
    [​IMG] Official Nintendo News Post
    [​IMG] Ambassador Program Information

2. TheDreamLord

Member TheDreamLord GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Ireland
    I want a 3DS [​IMG] lol

3. JPdensetsu

Member JPdensetsu GBAtemp Addict

Taiwan
    I connected twice to the Nintendo eShop and I didn't even get a confirmation that I'm an ambassador..

4. hankchill

Member hankchill I Pwn n00bs.

Canada
    Eh the ambassador program shouldn't be enough to sway you to get a 3DS, considering you can emulate all the games their are offering on the PSP, at a third of the cost. Not worth it really when you think about it.

5. Diamondred

Newcomer Diamondred Member

Spain
    i'm from spain and i haven't received a notification that says "you are an ambassador!"
    i hope that tomorrow, when the eShop will be updated like every thursday, they will give us the notifications

6. Another World
    OP

Former Staff Another World Emulate the Planet!

Colombia
    i dled a few things off the eshop (the free e3 vids, excite bike, and the nintendo video app) and i've also connected a handful of times just to poke around. i got the message in my news box but i am not sure when it arrived. it could have been sitting there for a week already.

i would suggest you download at least one thing (grab the free vid app and then delete it), although the official nintendo info says you only need to connect.

if you registered your 3ds, have a proof of purchase, etc, it isn't like you couldn't get this situation resolved with 1 phone call to nintendo.

this isn't their way to boost sales at all (although that would be an expected result of this program), it is their way to say sorry to all the users who picked up a 3ds less than 6 months ago at full price and who have felt ripped off by the lack of software and features. at least, that is how most of the internet is viewing the program.

-another world

7. KingVamp

Member KingVamp Great... AETHER!

United States
    Only if you think like a pirate.

Anyway ,so you have not seen "you are an ambassador!" in the news tab/icon?

8. RoMee

Member RoMee ??

United States
    Same for me, I think you just have to browse the E shop.
    I didn't download anything, I just looked around, than checked the news and got that message.
    it could have been there for days

9. shakirmoledina

Member shakirmoledina Legend

Tanzania
    for hacker or someone who has a supercard DSTWO (or one who wishes to buy one after the price drop), i dont think its worth for him to buy one for 20 games as he can get much more with the price drop and saved money

10. nintendoom

Member nintendoom Nintendoom

Antarctica
    Does that mean, if you didn't open your eshop by 11:59, you can't download the games??

11. machomuu

Member machomuu Drops by occasionally

United States
    it says "by" not "at".

12. ShawnTRods

Member ShawnTRods GBAtemp Psycho!

United Kingdom
    From what I read, the US news was a bit unclear and caused a little confusion.(it said something like, if you connect ON the 11th august before 11:59)
    Where as in the EURO site it clearly said by 11th august.

but anyway, you are right.

13. amptor

Banned amptor Banned

United States
    I checked and got both messages.

amptor is in.

However, none of the games are in 3D and I can already play all of them from a DS flash card so I don't see what the big fuss is about.

On the other hand it will be novelty to go in and pick up these wares legit inside of their system when it comes out though.

14. Varia

Member Varia GBAtemp Fan

Sweden
    Didn't get the message (probably only the US got it), but I did recieve about a week ago a notification about the ambassador program.
    No confirmation though.

15. 8BitWalugi

Member 8BitWalugi Taiyohhhhhh!

Australia
    I haven't gotten the notification either. But I'm certain I'm in because I've actually bought stuff.

16. Slyakin

Member Slyakin See ya suckers

United States
    I've bought quite a bit of stuff. If I'm not in, something is definitely wrong.

17. heartgold

Member heartgold GBAtemp Psycho!

United Kingdom
    I've noticed people from the USA have comfirmed they got the message and people like me from Europe and elsewhere haven't received such notice. We may get it soon.

You know what's funny, I haven't played any GBA games when I was younger apart from the pokemon series so i'm definitely looking forward to it and NES games as well.

18. ShawnTRods

Member ShawnTRods GBAtemp Psycho!

United Kingdom
    Got no message, but no need to worry. I am sure everyone who connected is in.

19. granville

Member granville GBAtemp Goat

United States
    I don't think it's a message notification from the home menu. I found out i'm an ambassador from the eshop menu. You click on the "News" icon (should be the first icon to your left when the shop boots). It'll have a message on top that says "Ambassador Program". Inside it'll tell you that you're in the program. That should be all that is required.

20. heartgold

Member heartgold GBAtemp Psycho!

United Kingdom
    Nope, nothing like that on the European Eshop.