1. nl255

nl255 GBAtemp Addict

This sounds like it is a combination of a NoPass device and a DS slot flash cart, so you can have one or two small games or a bunch of homebrew (such as flashme) on the NoPass itself and the rest on your M3, SC, or other GBA slot device.

2. HugeCock

HugeCock Oh My....

United States
    It is kinda cool to have both options. If I can have my 4G G6 lite in the GBA slot and a 1Gb Ninjapass in the top....it's just extra storage. This 512Mb Version seems to be only 20 dollars more than a passcard3 so if your don't have a passme device it may be worth the extra few bucks. Right now the DS slot is just empty space so putting MORE memory in their seems kick ass

3. jigaboo

jigaboo Advanced Member
    Newcomer

Canada
    Honestly, I'd rather have the NEO MK4-SD, which (obviously) accepts SD cards on a piggy back. Unlimited space, no flash cart, takes very little space. Unfortunately, only ghod knows when it's coming out...

J

[​IMG]

4. ebcubs03

ebcubs03 GBAtemp Fan

United States
    Unfortunately it sucks ass.

5. HugeCock

HugeCock Oh My....

United States
    What't the difference beteween that and the MK3 I already have besides the design? Either way it does not sit flush. I want my Ds to look stock. However the ninja DS sounds like the MK3 but it fits in the DS slot and can ACTUALLY boot off the DS slot unlike the MK3 which needs flashme.

My MK3 has 512Mb with a 1Gb SD memory card however it does not work with my G6...meaning I can boot off my MK3 and load roms off my G6

The NinjaPass says it has only 512Mb but can use all my G6 roms too SWEET.

Again NeoFlash hasn't made a good product yet and has had SEVERAL tries. Nija...I know nothing about em but I will give em a shot.

6. abc978

abc978 Member
    Newcomer

United States
    I like this product.
    I hope they release 1g version soon.

7. FAST6191

FAST6191 Techromancer
    Reporter

United Kingdom
    I saw a picture in one of these threads where the Ninjapass connects to a PC based linker, should it be able to dump DS roms straight to PC I will happily spring for one (being able to do this was one of the things that drew me to flashcarts in the first place) but until then it shall be nothing more than a curio.

8. adgloride

adgloride Its A Wii Wario

That would be like having a passme device like the supercard sticking out of the back. I like the ds card sticking in nicely. Someone may make a similar device that fits exactly in the back, a SD card slots into it like an adapter.

9. jigaboo

jigaboo Advanced Member
    Newcomer

Canada
    Sure it's like the MK3, but the MK3 is ugly as all hell and sticks out like a sore thumb. The MK4-SD on the other hand is _tiny_, and uses cheap-as-all-hell SD cards, of which I'm sure most people have lying all over the place (okay, I'm exaggerating, but I sure as heck do!).

The ninjapass is only a measly 512mbit, therefore only 64megabytes. Given that the average DS game is ~16mb to 32mb, it'll only fit 2-4 games! And as time passes, most games coming out will only grow in size. Even Nintendo can't cram more than 128megabytes in there, what makes you think anyone else can? As far as Ninja or whoever else putting in a socket for some sort of removeable memory like MiniSD or TF (most likely the only thing that will fit, and still have enough space for the logic board), I can't say I'm too confident it's something anyone willl come up with in a long time - it's simply too difficult. Look at the trouble people are having coming up with something that fits in the space of a GBA cart! I think even the thickness of the TF socket alone would probably negate being able to fit into the thickness of a regular cart (remember, you need a logic board in there too!).

At least the MK4 above allows the possibility of up to 8GB in a space that is the space of a cart, and no thicker than 2 or three. I'd gladly take that. However, I haven't been around the DS scene, so if you say NEO has fsck'ed up alot, then who knows I guess...
    J

10. IxthusTiger

IxthusTiger Cruddy's Buddy

United States
    I bet they can make a NoPass that you can fit a microSD into. Those things are so tiny!!

11. HugeCock

HugeCock Oh My....

United States
    The MK3 takes SD as well. I really am not sure of a difference between that and the MK4 besides the look.

12. Glacius0

Glacius0 GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Netherlands
    Wasn't the maximum a DS game could be 1 Gbit? I'm not sure..does someone know for sure? Lemme throw in a random interesting fact: the 1Gbit games have an about 30% slower access time compared to the 512 mbit and smaller versions. That's why lots of developers prefer to use the 512 mbit version, so they can stream things off the cartridge more easily.

13. KidIce

KidIce Smart Ass

United States
    Yes, the max cart size for any DS game is 1 Gb. Despite what some people think there will not be an official cart larger then that. It's an adressing limitation of the DS itself, just like the 256 Mb limit on the GBA. The only way flash cart manufacturers got beyond the 256 Mb barrier is through bank switching, and later file systems on the NAND and removable media style carts. These "tricks" aren't something Nintendo is even remotely likely to implement into official carts.

14. khan

khan GBAtemp Maniac

Pakistan
    It seems that NinjaDS is finally ready for production...pic from maxconsole

Click here to view the pic

15. UnknownBeast

UnknownBeast Advanced Member

Thats NinjaDS not Ninjapass, it's not DS card sized [​IMG]

16. khan

khan GBAtemp Maniac

Pakistan
    I already knew that UnknownBeast, i was just letting you guys know of another ds-flash card on the way making into the production. [​IMG]

--Back on topic

If the compatibility is right for the NinjaDS then i may not bother with Ninjapass as it will allow for SD card. Besides when DS/Lite is opened and have NinjaDS you wont even notice so i am fine as long as it's cheap and compatibility is above 90%.

17. cory1492

cory1492 GBAtemp Maniac

Canada
    AFAIK the max spec is actually 4Gbit (512MB should be easily addressable by a 30bit offset), dont know if it would be through some form of bankswitching though but probably the cart would handle that type of thing internally anyway.

18. UnknownBeast

UnknownBeast Advanced Member

Sorry khan, I got confused because I thought that you thought that the NinjaDS was the Ninjapass. Sorry again [​IMG]

19. Glacius0

Glacius0 GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Netherlands
    I know you're well-informed about these things, but could you perhaps point out a source?

20. kernelPANIC

kernelPANIC GBAtemp Fan

Japan
    So the max size for a NDS rom is 1Gbit? Oh well, I stand corrected. But if people complained about the 512MB of the G6 Lite, they'll probably complain even more for just having 128MB with the Ninjapass.

Draft saved Draft deleted

Hide similar threads Similar threads with keywords - Ninjapass, Passcard, Direct