OP
Banned
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
There are very few instances where you actually get to test something before it comes out, and with nintendo's ridiculous download stations showing old demos for games you can actually go out and buy it doesn't make much sense. Really though i stumbled across this demo while looking for something else, and the game is just about as good as they say it is. I have tested it on my m3 cf of course, and it's working fine....im not even sure it needs to be on 4x even though i selected that just i case.
grog.gif

Hadrian

Literally as TIGHT as a gnats chuff.
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I like it but its kinda simple, all I seemed to do is slash all the time.

I hope the full game has something more to it. Apparently the full game is four hours long which sounds pretty bad.

Nookadum

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Well, the old Ninja Gaiden for the arcade and Famicom were all hack'n'slash, so this should appeal to me if they're going to keep that system.
smile.gif
That and you can cast ninpou by drawing on the screen!

GeekyGuy

Professional loafer
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well, the first thing you notice is, of course, just how amazing it looks on the DS -- wow! But the demo is very short and doesn't go into half of the moves and options that Itagaki has spoken about at various times. It doesn't even go into the double jumping or any type of combos other than the Izuna Drop, and no other specials other than the one Ninpo move. But there is supposed to be a lot more stuff included in the game. He also said that the game will have more of an offensive approach, as opposed to the defensive / reactionary approach of other games in the series. For the DS, it should be a real treat either way.

In any case, I am having so much fun with this demo, as short as it is. I especially love the dodge-roll you can do. Very cool to keep doing that past the boss-dragon, and then waylay him with an up / down move.

Many thanks to the folks who made it possible for me to play this demo.
wink.gif

Scorpin200

Iceman
OP
Banned
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Well if the game was to be long then they should have made it like the real ninja gaiden on the nes not this, and i wasn't really feeling this game when it came out on xbox just cause it was like any other mindless run and slash game that doesn't reserve the name ninja gaiden. Since it's in 3d on the ds there isn't much to compare it to, and the fact that alot of 3d games on the ds look terrible it's a good start i guess for quality stuff.

Hadrian

Literally as TIGHT as a gnats chuff.
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well, the old Ninja Gaiden for the arcade and Famicom were all hack'n'slash, so this should appeal to me if they're going to keep that system.
smile.gif
That and you can cast ninpou by drawing on the screen!
I prefer the first 3 games, but this game doesn't seem to require any skill, I just tapped and swiped on the screens and thats it everyone was dead! Of course its just a teaser demo so its kinda silly to judge it right now.

Gene98

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Serbia, Republic of
QUOTE said:
It doesn't even go into the double jumping or any type of combos other than the Izuna Drop, and no other specials other than the one Ninpo move.
WRONG

I just fount one special, not mentonied in tutorial.
while standing start to rub your touch screen with stylus. left-right-left-right-etc. After ~3sec... Ok u'll see, my English is too bad to describe it (=. But this special as powerfull as this fireball one.

unnamed01

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
does anyone know how to work the demo rom? I get to this black and green screen and it doesnt let me select anything...

GeekyGuy

Professional loafer
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
QUOTE said:
It doesn't even go into the double jumping or any type of combos other than the Izuna Drop, and no other specials other than the one Ninpo move.
WRONG

I just fount one special, not mentonied in tutorial.
while standing start to rub your touch screen with stylus. left-right-left-right-etc. After ~3sec... Ok u'll see, my English is too bad to describe it (=. But this special as powerfull as this fireball one.

I didn't say you can't do them -- as a matter of fact, I've found quite a few moves just from tinkering -- but the tutorial doesn't go into any of that.

mikagami

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The demo rocks. Easy? Yes. But it's a demo, so it's understandable. Slashing everywhere in the full version won't help you solve puzzles.

GeekyGuy

Professional loafer
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The demo rocks. Easy? Yes. But it's a demo, so it's understandable. Slashing everywhere in the full version won't help you solve puzzles.

Yeah, plus Itagaki has said that later on in the game you won't just be able to sit there and guard. I suppose the stronger enemies will have guard-breaking attacks, etc.

I really love the control scheme they opted for though. I have a little trouble getting off the Izuna Drop -- sometimes I can pull it off, sometimes I can't -- but everything makes sense and it feels really good.

Truliche

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Ecuador
I LOVED the demo, the combat system is pretty dynamic and easy to use, I can't wait for the full version.

The demo is easy but the combat system definitely has a lot of potential and kinks for it to be usable in much more complex battles. The first enemies in Devil May Cry 3 were pathetically easy as well... just wait for the full game.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    S @ salazarcosplay: @BakerMan can one play cod from hen ps3?