Ninja Gaiden Ds Demo

Discussion in 'NDS - Console and Game Discussions' started by Scorpin200, Nov 15, 2007.

Nov 15, 2007

Ninja Gaiden Ds Demo by Scorpin200 at 6:00 PM (4,561 Views / 0 Likes) 33 replies

1. Scorpin200
    OP

Banned Scorpin200 Iceman

United States
    There are very few instances where you actually get to test something before it comes out, and with nintendo's ridiculous download stations showing old demos for games you can actually go out and buy it doesn't make much sense. Really though i stumbled across this demo while looking for something else, and the game is just about as good as they say it is. I have tested it on my m3 cf of course, and it's working fine....im not even sure it needs to be on 4x even though i selected that just i case. [​IMG]

2. Hadrian

Former Staff Hadrian Better than Craigslist

United Kingdom
    I like it but its kinda simple, all I seemed to do is slash all the time.

I hope the full game has something more to it. Apparently the full game is four hours long which sounds pretty bad.

3. Nookadum

Newcomer Nookadum Member

Philippines
    Well, the old Ninja Gaiden for the arcade and Famicom were all hack'n'slash, so this should appeal to me if they're going to keep that system. [​IMG] That and you can cast ninpou by drawing on the screen!

4. GeekyGuy

Global Moderator GeekyGuy Professional loafer

United States
    Well, the first thing you notice is, of course, just how amazing it looks on the DS -- wow! But the demo is very short and doesn't go into half of the moves and options that Itagaki has spoken about at various times. It doesn't even go into the double jumping or any type of combos other than the Izuna Drop, and no other specials other than the one Ninpo move. But there is supposed to be a lot more stuff included in the game. He also said that the game will have more of an offensive approach, as opposed to the defensive / reactionary approach of other games in the series. For the DS, it should be a real treat either way.

In any case, I am having so much fun with this demo, as short as it is. I especially love the dodge-roll you can do. Very cool to keep doing that past the boss-dragon, and then waylay him with an up / down move.

Many thanks to the folks who made it possible for me to play this demo. [​IMG]

5. Scorpin200
    OP

Banned Scorpin200 Iceman

United States
    Well if the game was to be long then they should have made it like the real ninja gaiden on the nes not this, and i wasn't really feeling this game when it came out on xbox just cause it was like any other mindless run and slash game that doesn't reserve the name ninja gaiden. Since it's in 3d on the ds there isn't much to compare it to, and the fact that alot of 3d games on the ds look terrible it's a good start i guess for quality stuff.

6. laminaatplaat

Member laminaatplaat GBAtemp Advanced Fan

United States
    didnt know it was dumped.... yay [​IMG] ( the download station demos )

7. Hadrian

Former Staff Hadrian Better than Craigslist

United Kingdom
    I prefer the first 3 games, but this game doesn't seem to require any skill, I just tapped and swiped on the screens and thats it everyone was dead! Of course its just a teaser demo so its kinda silly to judge it right now.

8. Gene98

Member Gene98 GBAtemp Regular

Russia
    WRONG

I just fount one special, not mentonied in tutorial.
    while standing start to rub your touch screen with stylus. left-right-left-right-etc. After ~3sec... Ok u'll see, my English is too bad to describe it (=. But this special as powerfull as this fireball one.

9. unnamed01

Newcomer unnamed01 Newbie

Canada
    does anyone know how to work the demo rom? I get to this black and green screen and it doesnt let me select anything...

10. GameDragon

Member GameDragon Mugiwara RAWR!

United States
    It makes your DS act as if it was a Download Station. For you to play a demo, you have to use download play from a different DS I believe.

11. GeekyGuy

United States
    I didn't say you can't do them -- as a matter of fact, I've found quite a few moves just from tinkering -- but the tutorial doesn't go into any of that.

12. unnamed01

Newcomer unnamed01 Newbie

Canada
    So I need 2 DS' to play the demo?

13. myuusmeow

Member myuusmeow GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

United States
    If all you have is the dump, yeah. If they're just a bunch of small (Less than 4mB) nds files, no.

14. PanzerWF

Member PanzerWF GBAtemp Fan

Canada
    Wait wait, so we can get the individual files now?

Google here I come!

15. Lukeage

Member Lukeage GBAtemp Regular

Australia
    There is an uncompressed release which has each demo separated and playable.

16. mikagami

Member mikagami GBAtemp Regular

United States
    The demo rocks. Easy? Yes. But it's a demo, so it's understandable. Slashing everywhere in the full version won't help you solve puzzles.

17. DjFIL

Member DjFIL GBAtemp Maniac

Canada
    very cool demo. extremely short, and pretty easy... but gives me the exact taste i wanted, and can't wait for the full game.

18. GeekyGuy

United States
    Yeah, plus Itagaki has said that later on in the game you won't just be able to sit there and guard. I suppose the stronger enemies will have guard-breaking attacks, etc.

I really love the control scheme they opted for though. I have a little trouble getting off the Izuna Drop -- sometimes I can pull it off, sometimes I can't -- but everything makes sense and it feels really good.

19. Truliche

Member Truliche GBAtemp Regular

Ecuador
    I LOVED the demo, the combat system is pretty dynamic and easy to use, I can't wait for the full version.

The demo is easy but the combat system definitely has a lot of potential and kinks for it to be usable in much more complex battles. The first enemies in Devil May Cry 3 were pathetically easy as well... just wait for the full game.

20. Gene98

Member Gene98 GBAtemp Regular

Russia
    are there any more specials in demo, or just Izuna/fireball/_not_mentoined_blue-red_aura_thing_???