Gaming Ninja Gaiden Dragon Sword

nicklessguy

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Never had any issue with controls in this game.
If you have trouble jumping, maybe you didn't realize that he jumps towards the direction where you did the up-slash, ie up-slashing to the bottom-right of where Ryu is will make him jump exactly towards that direction where you slashed.

I have gone through all the difficulties and pretty much never did any wrong move by acident (maybe in the first few moments when i was learning it, at most) , and the touch also makes it incredible easy and fun to target arrows and bombs at each foe you want. It wouldn't be so efficient if it were d-pad controlled.

It's a repetitive game indeed, but so are all beat-up up games, it's part of their formula to kill, kill, and kill non stop, and when the playability is fun, it's not a bad thing.

Also, hands up for the challenge of last mode... The AI is incredibly buffed and you will have lots of trouble dealing even with the small critters since they gang-bang, dodges and counterattacks you so much.

PS: Games like Nanostray, Soma Bringer, Etrian Osissey, Monkey Ball, Resident Evil, Viewtiful Joe, Princess Peach, and so many others, being called horrid, is ridiculous...
If you tried all those games in most underrated thread and finds them all HORRID like you said, please, sell your DS right now, it's not for you.

Im Inylo

Banned!
OP
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Nanostray is okay, Soma Bringer has the worst story, and is so repetititve, Etrian Odyssey is too hard and pretty stupid concept, monkey ball is too hard, etc...

nicklessguy

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Difficulty is not a problem on game side, it's on player side, so it's not the game that is horrid.

I finished both Etrians and Super Monkey Ball and tons of other people also did and had a lot of fun with them, and the challenge is exactly the nice thing about some games... And Etrian's concept being called stupid, is stupid. It's a very refreshing addiction for old-school dungeon rpg fans like me and others who played this kind of game a lot in the 90's on PCs. You not liking it, and it being stupid/bad, are very different things.

Like i said, all beat-em ups are repetitive, and Soma Bringer is on that genre in terms os playability.

Really, i think you should just sell your DS...
Buy a Xbox360 or PS3.

Ishidori

Trophies
XP
Country
Ninja Gaiden= Lineal but enjoyable. Anyone with a DS must play it.

Soma Bringer has a great plot, though the game can make you sick at times. I like when the Bad guy is not so bad at all like in Tales of Phantasia. But anyway is what i think. Etrian's Odyssey is a game not for everyone, in fact that's is RPG. Hard no means bad at all.

borka

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Serbia, Republic of
Level up and cusomization on DS => Dungeon Explorer - Warriors of Ancient Arts. This is a mini-Diablo. With classes, level ups and attributes. Swords, schools of magic, rings, armor etc, even with item re-forging and online cooperative dungeons.

P.S. But not better linear FFIII-FFIV, Chrono Trigger or even the first Puzzle Quest in my opinion.

sa1amandra

Gazzaro Launching!
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
Etrian Odyssey 1 and 2
-Its a game that says Screw a good story and focus and customization!
It's a first person Dungeoner and you can do w/e u went with stats etc.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: (i was allowed to do that)