• Views 2,757
  • Replies 35

ryguy2010

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
never heard about it... so, another indie trash coming to switch? how surprising.

It's not an Indie game. It came out for SEGA CD back in the day. It was a very controversial game that was pulled from the shelves due to it's sexual content. It became popular after SEGA was forced to pull it. I played it on my buddies SEGA CD back in the day.

BORTZ

DO NOT SCREENSHOT
Supervisor
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It's not an Indie game. It came out for SEGA CD back in the day. It was a very controversial game that was pulled from the shelves due to it's sexual content. It became popular after SEGA was forced to pull it. I played it on my buddies SEGA CD back in the day.

Crazy enough, I feel like the whole Night Trap controversy inevitebly created more buzz and hype around the game that it ever would have it nintendo would have just let it be.

but... no one wants this trash LOL

smileyhead

I like cute stuff.
Trophies
Website
sites.google.com
XP
Country
Hungary
That lazy box art, though. They didn't bother to fill the side.

DbPDXJhXkAIhm3N.jpeg

BORTZ

DO NOT SCREENSHOT
Supervisor
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yeah the game was horrible, when I remember playing it. I think most of the first SEGA CD games sucked. I love how they over hyped them. Live action games was all they were.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

I doubt it will be censored, now that there is a rating system in place. It will probably be rated Mature.
Its weird because on paper, I can see how this idea would be fun and interesting. But upon actually playing them... they are terrible. Like worse than I imagined. If you like the MBMBAM brothers, this play through of Girl's Club will split your sides wide open.

Reactions: ryguy2010

slaphappygamer

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I don’t remember there ever being a rating on the package. I think that was sparked from this game. Bortz is right though, hype is what sold this game, rather than it being a great game. It was pretty awful

Also, “Over 1 1/2 hours of full motion video”

BORTZ

DO NOT SCREENSHOT
Supervisor
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Actually the one game (in my humble opinion) that was worth the Mega CD was Sonic CD. But just to play a single Sonic game that was widely misunderstood might not be worth it, especially if you had a capable PC at the time.

Reactions: slaphappygamer

geodeath

Trophies
XP
Country
Why though?

Why not? Sony became number 1 not because they had some magical wand, but because they came to the scene at a time when Nintendo and Sega had very strict rules regarding what should and should not be released on their systems. Partially avoided much shovelware, but every rule has a pro and a con and this means less diversity and less games that break the mould. If you do not like a game don't buy it, the devs will soon enough understand if a game has a target group or not. Personally, i never really understood why splatoon exists in the first place, but hey, it exists and make some people happy, so just release anything.

I mean, the Switch is consistently getting all old games from the other systems, in the same argument you could say that Skyrim and DS1 is not relevant anymore?

Reactions: Ryccardo

The Catboy

GBAtemp Official Catboy™: Boywife
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
Why not? Sony became number 1 not because they had some magical wand, but because they came to the scene at a time when Nintendo and Sega had very strict rules regarding what should and should not be released on their systems. Partially avoided much shovelware, but every rule has a pro and a con and this means less diversity and less games that break the mould. If you do not like a game don't buy it, the devs will soon enough understand if a game has a target group or not. Personally, i never really understood why splatoon exists in the first place, but hey, it exists and make some people happy, so just release anything.

I mean, the Switch is consistently getting all old games from the other systems, in the same argument you could say that Skyrim and DS1 is not relevant anymore?
But why not Sonic CD? I understand this game has a cult following and will most likely sell better than expected because that's just the world we live in, but Sonic CD.

geodeath

Trophies
XP
Country
But why not Sonic CD? I understand this game has a cult following and will most likely sell better than expected because that's just the world we live in, but Sonic CD.

Well, Sonic CD is Sega's own title. This is coming because of the remastered that happened last year. So it is 'primed' for release, just being ported. When and if Sonic CD becomes a port for the other consoles you can hope it will be the Switch too i guess?

The Catboy

GBAtemp Official Catboy™: Boywife
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
Well, Sonic CD is Sega's own title. This is coming because of the remastered that happened last year. So it is 'primed' for release, just being ported. When and if Sonic CD becomes a port for the other consoles you can hope it will be the Switch too i guess?
I know, I just feel like complaining because my personal favorite Sega CD game isn't the one being ported, even if I can play the game on literally everything right now (my 3DS, Phone, Pi, PSP, etc.)

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: @K3Nv2, i have a physical copy of mgs4