1. h0ju

h0ju Newbie
    Newcomer

BTW, the structure for the EU saves are the same. I have checked.

2. Kentoss

OP Kentoss GBAtemp Regular

Canada
    Yeah I saw that pattern while I was writing my item editor, although the way I have my item database set up it's not particularly useful. For inserting items I'll need to make sure I follow the pattern, but I noticed the same:

[​IMG]

It starts with 01 01, then the left column increases by 16 bytes while the right one increases by 1 each time. After A1, the bag changes and it starts over at 02. While useful to know, I'm not sure what the significance is for the right most column if the left one does practically the same.

I'm also noticing the sequence FEFFFE quite frequently throughout the save, it seems like it could be used to denote the start of a new block or structure. I need to confirm with some other saves, but if the location of the sequence is consistent across each I could use it to break a save into chunks for my tool.

On a semi-unrelated note, does anyone know anything about DDS files? I'm trying to extract some content from the game files and so far I've gotten right down to the DDS textures, except they're split into two files: the grayscale texture and the color palette. For example, the texture looks like this:

[​IMG]

And the palette is a 256x1 line with random colors. I get the concept is that the grayscale is supposed to combine with the color palette when the game is being rendered, but I need to figure out how to do that and then save it to a usable image format. So far I haven't seen anything that can do this for me, or maybe I've pointed myself in the wrong direction. If anyone can help I'd appreciate it.

EDIT: Also thanks for checking the EU structure, I'll make an edit so it's known in the first post.

3. Seanshoots

Seanshoots Member
    Newcomer

Canada
    I love you Kentoss and I give you permission to have my third baby

4. Kentoss

Canada
    lol thanks I guess

I updated the main post with more detailed information on the familiars. I'm gonna spend some time tomorrow to try figuring out how the skills data works, and what I can transplant into there if anything.

5. blue_ceberus

blue_ceberus Newbie
    Newcomer

Thailand
    here's my eu save file, in case you need it

Attached Files:

6. FalconDickPunch

Newcomer

Canada
    I tried to use the BruteForce save edit software but it wouldn't work on my laptop. Vista btw. Shitty I know. I just need to decrypt my save file and I'm all set. I know to use HxD.

7. sahran99

sahran99 Newbie
    Newcomer

I have a EU (BLES 01555) PAL version of the game. Followed the above instructions.

works like a charm !

Thnx guys :)

8. Kentoss

Canada
    Thanks, blue_ceberus, every save helps. I think I've found a consistent pattern with the FEFFFFFE sequence thanks to your save helping me confirm. The sequence is the 4 bytes followed by a byte identifying what the block contains. For example, searching for FE FF FF FE 1B takes you to the start of your inventory list. FE FF FF FE 0D goes to the start of your familiars list. Your guilders is located 24 bytes before FE FF FF FE 80 (4 bytes for the guilders, then 20 bytes until the sequence).

@FalconDickPunch what happens when you try to decrypt? I've been noticing that some saves I put into Bruteforce say it's already decrypted, so i have to move the SYS-DATA file outside the save folder, re-encrypt so it will let me decrypt again, then move the SYS-DATA file back in and proceed as normal. If I don't move SYS-DATA, Bruteforce tries to encrypt and already encrypted file, jumbling it up even more.

@sahran99 glad it worked out for you

9. blinky98

blinky98 Newbie
    Newcomer

United States
    Edit: Apparently the promo-code works for all users on the PS3 and not just the one I activated it on. I'm still curious if what I asked is possible but not pertinent. My apologies for the waste of text.

Sorry that this is a bit off-topic. I bought a friend's PS3 just for this game and started my save file under his user account. I since decided to create my own user account and copied my save file over to the newly created account. Unfortunately, whenever I try to load my save file under my new user account it gives me the following error:
    "This saved data belongs to another user. It cannot be loaded. Please either load another save or start the game from the beginning."

Is it possible for me to modify the save file to change the user account to my newly created one? I would keep using the first account, but I activated my collector's edition promo code under my new account and can't undo that. Trophies don't matter to me, but I don't want to start everything over again. Thanks in advance for any and all help.

10. scudly

scudly Newbie
    Newcomer

United States
    Have to say this thread has been really helpful in getting my save modified. However I'm wondering if anyone has found the address for increasing the amount of say, merit badges you have?

11. gamer154

gamer154 Newbie
    Newcomer

United States
    I signed up to say thank you so much for this guide! I was able to mod my save easily. Thanks again!

12. leic7

leic7 GBAtemp Regular

Canada
    I assume changing your character's 'level' in the save won't actually do anything? If the game resets your EXP every time you level up, how do you gain lots of EXP then?

13. Kentoss

Canada

It is possible, however I've never done it myself so I wouldn't be comfortable giving instruction on how to do it. There are others on the forum that have done it, perhaps they would be of more assistance.

I haven't started poking around for that yet, but I don't imagine it would be hard to figure out in a sitting. When I know more I will update the thread. I've made a breakthrough in other sections that I'm focusing on at the moment so I might not have anything on it soon.

Glad it helped!

It does, the game only resets your EXP to 0 when you level up but your level is retained. If you set your experience to something high, and your level to 70, when you fight and level up you'll be 71 and all your stats should follow it. Your experience will go back to 0 but it doesn't affect your level or anything. The game doesn't work with overall experience, just experience for level. So for example going from level 1 to level 2 might take 400 EXP, and then it resets to 0, then level 2 to level 3 will be 450 EXP and then resets to 0.

14. leic7

leic7 GBAtemp Regular

Canada
    No, that level number is only 'cosmetic'. You will see the new number on screen, but your other stats such as HP, MP, attack, defense, etc. are still the same. When you level up, the game treats it like a regular level up event where Oliver's stats will only increase by ~2 points...

15. JuanAngel

JuanAngel Newbie
    Newcomer

France
    Hi,
    I just want to change my money to put up but could not find the values ​​I made three saves with different amount of 812, 512, 92, to do anything I can not find the values ​​... can you help me for this ? thx in advance ! -I Found ! Thx !!-

16. Kentoss

Canada
    Yes I never said otherwise, I apologize if my words seem misleading. You're wrong in that the level is cosmetic, as certain characters learn different things at certain levels, so setting your level to something high and leveling up will make the character learn something new, like Esther's songs. The game tracks different things through the level.

17. leic7

leic7 GBAtemp Regular

Canada
    Does the skills system track levels retroactively for Oliver? I noticed it didn't track them for the familiars. If a familiar's skills can be activated at levels 5, 10, 15 and 30, and you change the level number from '4'->'29', all the skills are gone from the screen so you can't even select them, all except the level 30 skill which has yet to be activated. That leads me to believe that if you bypass a regular level up event, the game will not 'remember' to do the things associated with leveling up for you, like, increasing your stats by ~2 points, activating a skill, etc.

18. Sourceknight

Sourceknight Member
    Newcomer

United States
    I was trying to figure out how to actually insert the items into the game but the pattern is too much for me, i just cant get the pattern down to be able to do it lol.
    If you need my save tho let me know, i already finished the game and i have i would say about 80% of all the items lol

19. webyugioh

webyugioh GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Is there any way to insert Familiars?

The main reason I want to hack my save file is to give myself cooler Familiars that are hard to catch XD
    I see we can edit (to an extent) ones we have already, but I want to either insert or replace the ones I already have with Nobilia Familiars.

Thank you!

20. Kentoss

Canada
    There is but I don't know everything about the Familiar structure yet, so the information I have isn't enough to insert familiars.

Draft saved Draft deleted

Hide similar threads Similar threads with keywords - Modification,