ROM Hack NHSE Internal Beach Error?

Deastrumquodvicis

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So I'm trying to create a small archipelago in NHSE, and I've got the map looking pretty okay. However, there's quite a serious couple of issues--firstly, the area near the delta of a river is all kinds of glitchy and I can see through the floor where the water is supposed to fade to a rapids (no screenshot on that), but more seriously, I've got this issue along all internal beaches:
C09458A9-3B80-45AE-81C3-A2C3048432C5.jpeg
I don't know what's causing that, as my terrain editor looks like everything's normal (boxed acre is location of the screenshot):
map.png

If anyone could point me in the right direction, that would be fabulous. Some of the internal coastlines aren't perfectly aligned, which is fine, but these beach and river issues are causing my game to seriously hit low FPS

Doogie Boogie

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
This will happen no matter what, it's just the way the game is coded as far as I can tell. Any acre tile that's switched, and doesn't line up with the traditional map layout and includes a beach will look like this. There is no solution, and I know it sucks because land tiles always blend seamlessly, but beaches just don't.
In my own case, I've made a work around but it's not really a solution, just sort of a way to "live with it" while still having some islands. Use tiles with as little beach as possible, like airport left and right, or the photo bridge tile. You will have to have some beach regardless though so try to cover the worst of it with custom panels or even flowers, bushes and weeds. Anything to hide that clipping as much as possible. Hiding it also helps cut down on the FPS drops the clipping causes as well. Good luck, sorry I couldn't give you better news.

supstar

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
There is actually a way to fully fix this glitchy look.

Basically this happens most of the time when you have beach not surrounded by the border sea acres. If you pad out the space between your mini islands with sea acres it works perfectly.

Not sure if this is necessary but I alternated the sea acres between 93 and 94.

Naitsrk

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So I'm trying to create a small archipelago in NHSE, and I've got the map looking pretty okay. However, there's quite a serious couple of issues--firstly, the area near the delta of a river is all kinds of glitchy and I can see through the floor where the water is supposed to fade to a rapids (no screenshot on that), but more seriously, I've got this issue along all internal beaches:
View attachment 242895
I don't know what's causing that, as my terrain editor looks like everything's normal (boxed acre is location of the screenshot):
View attachment 242896

If anyone could point me in the right direction, that would be fabulous. Some of the internal coastlines aren't perfectly aligned, which is fine, but these beach and river issues are causing my game to seriously hit low FPS
Did you ever figure this out? I am amazed by this and want to try it myself

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: @K3Nv2, try SanDisk format tool?