Homebrew NFIRM Downgrade questions

Txustra

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Spain
I have a question regarding Dsiwarehax downgrade (with 2 consoles):

Is it compulsory to have a NNID linked in your source 3DS or you can do it without having a NNID linked?

And quoting from Plailect's guide:

"All variations of sysUpdater, not just sysDowngrader, have a very small chance of causing a “soft brick” once the downgrade is complete and the device reboots. This will cause the system to boot directly to the Nintendo error screen instructing users to power off the device.

The reason for this is unknown, but can be prevented by performing a system format before downgrading. It seems to happen very often on systems with ambassador status or who have DSiWare installed.
"

Does that mean I have to format target 3ds after doing the nfirm downgrade? Do I lose the NFIRM downgrade?

Last edited by Txustra,

InsaneNutter

Trophies
Website
digiex.net
XP
Country
You can do it without a NNID if you have another homebrew entry point (such as Cubic Ninja for example), however you need an NNID to download the free Steel Diver: Sub Wars game if that's going to be your entry point.

You can re-download the game after formatting i believe.

SirAileron

Seeker of Truths
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The bricks caused by downgrading are so rare that it's hard to know what possible title could cause it, however I can say from experience doing many dsiware downgrades (including using an Ambassador account with GBA titles on it) that the formatting from a system transfer seems to be enough to evade this. The format before downgrade most particularly applies to anyone who's been using a system up to 10.7 for a while, and is going straight to downgrading on that same system, and even that is still a rarity.

Long story short: System Transfer does the formatting work for you. Don't worry too much.

Last edited by SirAileron,

Txustra

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Spain
The bricks caused by downgrading are so rare that it's hard to know what possible title could cause it, however I can say from experience doing many dsiware downgrades (including using an Ambassador account with GBA titles on it) that the formatting from a system transfer seems to be enough to evade this. The format before downgrade most particularly applies to anyone who's been using a system up to 10.7 for a while, and is going straight to downgrading on that same system, and even that is still a rarity.

Long story short: System Transfer does the formatting work for you. Don't worry too much.

Can I use the already edited game after restoring the backup from the source 3ds to do again another system transfer or do I have to buy a new game every time I want to do a system transfer?

SirAileron

Seeker of Truths
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Right. Once you system transfer to the target, even if you "de-link" it by formatting, the NNID still "belongs" to the target 3DS until it's system transferred back.

If that wasn't the case, I would have formatted and linked my NNID to my source machines to cut out the 7-day wait time. xD

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    OctoAori20 @ OctoAori20: Nice nice-