Next Tales of...

Paarish

Connor's Nublet
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
gallery_195249_221_22214.jpg

The next Tales of game has been revealed to be Tales of Xillia 2 which will be released on the PS3 and a release date of Winter 2012. The game is set in Xillia's world one year after the events of the first game. It will also use a similar version of DR-LMBS called Cross Dual Raid LMBS (XDR-LMBS)

Ufotable will again be producing the animated cutscenes and the OP will be sung by Ayumi Hamasaki just as she did the first game.

More details about characters and other information in the Source

Reactions: 1 person

LunaWofl

Tyrant R. of ye olde Prinny Squad
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
T_T Xillia 2? Dammit... I was really hoping they would avoid a sequel...
why... WHY WAS THE X SO SIMULAR?!
:cry:

*sigh* Ah well, it'll be interesting to see just how much the world changed in that year :/
My hope for them to release a director's cut of the first feels impossible now >_

Elrinth

:Master beyond your imagination:
Trophies
Website
www.elrinth.com
XP
Country
Yessss, faking PS3!!! Abooot time! :)
Currently playing thru Tales of the Abyss on 3DS, it's really great fun and I'm amazed at the content they were able to cram in there.

LunaWofl

Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
direct sequels in this series usually aren't to good :( I hope this goes well.
To be fair, we only have two previous examples in Destiny and symphonia...
Only one of which is a mothership title...

Also, unlike those two, this looks to take place somewhere you never actually explored in the original xillia... well... you did kind of... well... not really...

BrightNeko

Popcorn ball
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States

Also, unlike those two, this looks to take place somewhere you never actually explored in the original xillia... well... you did kind of... well... not really...
what about the first Narikiri dungeon, and summoner's lineage? after all Tales of phantasia comes before both those in the title

LunaWofl

Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica

what about the first Narikiri dungeon, and summoner's lineage? after all Tales of phantasia comes before both those in the title
Quite right, but I neglected those for a reason, partially for my selfish subjective opinion that those were only coat riding on phantasia, and secondarily, more impartially, that those were handheld only sequels...

edit: and thus could not hope to match the same caliber of the their predecessors...

Hop2089

Cute>Hot
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
The battle system is awesome, I like Elle, wait she has to be the youngest Tales Of character though, she's younger than Suzu.

I want to see a battle vid of her fighting though, I hope she can because all other Tales of games had lolis fighting, it would seem out of place for Elle to not fight.

The choice system is something that I'm concerned about because you may end up with an easy bad ending in some games with this aspect, some VNs only have one good ending, no neutral ending, and 2+ bad ones. I'll be searching for a guide for sure for this game. It's ok but I don't think it will be well recieved outside of Asia.

Sylar1

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Tales of Xillia 2 looks more like the Versus 13 of the series, more realistic with more nowish type people.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: good night