Hadrian

Literally as TIGHT as a gnats chuff.
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Announcements of announcements ftw!

Tired of these sort of FPS now, getting too predictable story wise.

Livin in a box

Livin' in a cardboard box
Trophies
XP
Country
FFS, I really hope COD really flops and doesn't sell.

But then, do kids who buy these games care about how Activision treat its employees? I think not. That's the sole reason why I will not be buying any Activision games in the foreseeable future.

D

Deleted_171835

Not really interested in COD anymore. It's gotten repetitive and I don't want to support Activision.

frogmyster3

Trophies
XP
Country
#5661 said:
I haven't been following the news... can anyone enlighten me as to what's so bad about Activision?

In terms of Infinity Ward it removed two of the executives and didn't pay them off. They've now set up their own team with EA. For the rest of Infinity Ward they're not getting paid, in fact in the past few days 38 employees have filed a lawsuit against Activision for their 'lost' money.

In terms of games in general, they just milk them. Guitar Hero gets about 4 games a year, CoD is getting 3 games every two years.

To be honest I've only ever played WaW and MW2 but I really hate these games. I hope nobody buys this one but all the kids who have taken over Xbox Live seem willing to let their parents pay more money than the average game to feed Activision.

geoflcl

Permanent GBAtemp Newbie
Trophies
Website
loganderb.in
XP
Country
United States
Crud.

When you go to a school where people know a game by its name only, and not its developer, you know its inevitable that, no matter how cruddy or different it is, it'll sell like hot cakes.

G

GentleFist

who cares about developers, i play games for entertainment

its not like i play cod but i still think its a good game

the second best fps next to cs^^ (this last sentense isnt very serious but its still kinda serious i dont know)

Law

rip ninjacat that zarcon made me
Trophies
Website
www.twitch.tv
XP
Country
GentleFist said:

the second best fps next to cs^^ (this last sentense isnt very serious but its still kinda serious i dont know)

And who makes it entertaining?

The dev team that created it.

G

GentleFist

Law said:

i might be an ingrate but i still dont care about them

the only guy im thankful in gaming is satoshi tajiri
and maybe hideo kojima

TheWingless

Wafuu~
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
#5661 said:
I haven't been following the news... can anyone enlighten me as to what's so bad about Activision?
Bobby Kotick. No one likes him.... Or so I've heard.

I however don't really care and haven't bought an Activision game so far, but MW2 was on that list to buy until I heard about dedis. They lured me in with MW1(Pirated), originally, but when they take out more than half of the online features that I'd like, I won't buy it. I just know Activision is the devil and they are milking their products.

Law

rip ninjacat that zarcon made me
Trophies
Website
www.twitch.tv
XP
Country
#5661 said:
Law said:
GentleFist said:

I can kind of see that guys point.
They're in it for money... we don't necessarily respect our co-workers or boss, so why respect devs if you don't want to?
It's just a job.

depends on the dev

sure, some do it for money, many do it because they enjoy what they do.

if anything it's the publishers who are just in it for the money

AshuraZro

Belongs in a museum.
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
If the history repeats, just another snoozefest of a Treyarch Call of Duty. Nothing to see here
smile.gif

ojsinnerz.

Damned
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
Guild McCommunist said:
#5661 said:

People hate Call of Duty because it's popular and people hate Activision because they make shovelware on like the DS/Wii.
PFFFFAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

frogmyster3

Trophies
XP
Country
Law said:

That can depend. Sometimes the enjoyment of the game can be the way in which it is played and the freedoms the developers give to you. GTA IV for example, me and my cousin do an online free play and make up our own story. It usually ends up with a race and him getting killed but it's hillarious. But the dev teams should always get the credit they deserve. Sometimes they spend years of their lives making these games.

GentleFist said:
i might be an ingrate but i still dont care about them

the only guy im thankful in gaming is satoshi tajiri
and maybe hideo kojima

Satoshi Tajiri I agree with. Although I do hate how I've given years of my life over to his brilliant and repetitive games. While I've not played any of Kojima's games I do have respect for the guy. But what about Gunpei Yokoi? Without him there wouldn't be the Game Boy and ultimately there wouldn't be a handheld game market like there is today. And I've never come across anyone (except maybe for those idiots who solely play their Xboxes all day thinking CoD and FIFA are the only games out there, and of course those that have never heard of him) who doesn't respect Miyamoto. It will be a sad day indeed when he finally retires.

QUOTE(AshuraZro @ Apr 28 2010, 11:01 PM)
If the history repeats, just another snoozefest of a Treyarch Call of Duty. Nothing to see here
smile.gif

While Treyarch's CoD games are not quite up to that of the Modern Warfare series (in popular opinion) you must remember that Treyarch spent a fair bit of development time on World at War and probably some of this new game in porting Modern Warfare to the Wii since Infinity Ward couldn't be bothered.

shakirmoledina

Legend
Trophies
Website
vfootball.co.nf
XP
Country
Tanzania
someone who had tried CoD WaW on the laptop for the first time really liked it and left games like SF4 and the likes... new players love the game but when it gets repetitive or that there are too many alterations, annoyance to the more experienced gamers

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Well start walking towards them +1