Hacking News: New Stargate 3DS flashcart

3DSPoet

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Looks promising for people who lack the capacity or desire to run a full cfw.

As someone who owns a Sky3DS, a DSTwo and a DSTwo+...I can't see any value in this device, personally. IF they unveil something equal to or better than the Gateway's freecheat system, that would add a lot of value to me. That's my only complaint with current CFW offerings, no ability to search for codes without using a network connection and a PC-based debugger. Something like the DSTwo/+ Freecheat searcher would be amazing. :D

I manage to get by with NTR plugins, though. :P

Trophies
XP
Looks promising for people who lack the capacity or desire to run a full cfw.

As someone who owns a Sky3DS, a DSTwo and a DSTwo+...I can't see any value in this device, personally. IF they unveil something equal to or better than the Gateway's freecheat system, that would add a lot of value to me. That's my only complaint with current CFW offerings, no ability to search for codes without using a network connection and a PC-based debugger. Something like the DSTwo/+ Freecheat searcher would be amazing. :D

I manage to get by with NTR plugins, though. :P
But you are still running a cfw. That's how the flashcart works, and it's how Gateway worked.

nccom

Trophies
XP
Country
Estonia
You still have to download it from websites that don't have the greatest server
Sigh. You have no idea what you're talking about, I'm usually downloading at 100mbit/s and my sites have everything except maybe for some dlc crap that I can get from freeshop if needed.
Anyway this is getting really close to breaking the rules of this forum so lets just stop.

3DSPoet

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
That was my point. To someone who has all that, already, there's no real value to this cart. The main people who will benefit are those who aren't already equipped to run backups natively.

Trophies
XP
Sigh. You have no idea what you're talking about, I'm usually downloading at 100mbit/s and my sites have everything except maybe for some dlc crap that I can get from freeshop if needed.
Anyway this is getting really close to breaking the rules of this forum so lets just stop.
But you can't deny the convenience of just installing from your 3ds, and you still have to have private headers if you want to play online.

Reactions: some1ne

some1ne

Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
United States
I have access to not shady websites with all scene releases. Also usenet if you have some money.
As for using - lol, you have to ask? Install times vs simply copying on fast microsd.
A guy just asked me to softmod his 3DS this week because he couldn't stand using his flashcart and copying from a PC all the time. CFW setup takes 5 minutes nowadays and you only do it once vs messing with flashcart updates and their proprietary shit.

nccom

Trophies
XP
Country
Estonia
Reactions: Sammy_Lee
D

Deleted User

Some people prefer CFW and freeshop, others 3ds roms on microSD. Why do people always want for force CFW down everyone's throat so aggressively as it's the only option? People make their own choices, and this cart allows you to choose either way you want. CFW or native 3DS/DS roms.

The more choice the better. If there's more competition the price will only go down

nccom

Trophies
XP
Country
Estonia

3DSPoet

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Come on, guys...this isn't the Peasant Wars...it's an announcement. State your opinion as constructively as possible, then move on...there's no need for fights. If it's something you'll use...great. If it's not...great. There's no reason to argue over the cart's validity.

sj33

Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
I don't understand people's attachment to physical flashcarts. They served their purpose back in the dark days when all the CFW were private. We're progressed from that point.

I have a Gateway and it's served me well. But I wouldn't go back to using it because what's the point?

D

Deleted User

There must be a market for it because otherwise I don't think this would be announced. Maybe GBATemp is not the intended audience though

Reactions: cvskid

some1ne

Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
United States
I think you need to learn to actually make a good argument. Just because you personally have blazing fast internet that everyone would be dying for doesn't mean flashcarts are better.
If you look at his post history, you can see that he has been defending Gateway ever since it came out. Paid shill or not, just let him be.
Edit: The same applies to json

Last edited by some1ne,

Billy Acuña

Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
I have to admit that this flashcart is awesome and has a lot of interesting features, but the main problem is that is extremely over priced, since carts for ntrboothax are around 20 dolars, so I thing a price of 30-40 bucks is worth of it.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Never knew linksys was owned under foxconn
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Xdqwerty, Evilnat is custom firmware for PS3, ofc.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    I used to have Rebug on there, but I didn't like how they weren't pushing a lot of updates.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Why update something a small percent cares about
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I'm mostly upgrading his hd, he has a 120gb in it now, lol, gonna give him a 2tb (1.5tb), not sure if he has it cfw or not, i haven't even turned it on yet. Ill mess w it tomorrow, I'm busy killing clowns right now.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Is he paying you
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Nuh, I told him not worried bout it, but he paying for the new HD. He will prob buy me a case ole beer, or a sack for doing it.
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    would you guys rather never eat cake again (in general) or nevee eat ice cream again (in general)?
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @SylverReZ, im staying with ps3hen
    +2
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    What about ice cream cake?
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Xdqwerty, So old-skool.
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Yea ps3HEN is fine, don't mess with what's not broken. The HEN version irc is for the super Slims, and CFW (evilnat) for other models
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @SylverReZ, also what are the differences with ps3hen and evilnat?
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    They both basically do the same
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    @BigOnYa ice cream cake is fucked either way
    +2
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @SylverReZ,
    @BigOnYa ok i read that the super slim model (the one i have) isnt compatible with cfw and that "HEN is the next best thing, it is a semi jailbreak applied on top of the OFW system software, it is geared towards console models that aren't CFW compatible, you can run homebrew, play backups but you cannot use customised system files & must reapply your customisations & HEN after every boot."
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    8=D
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @AncientBoi, you've got Kenny here.
    +2
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @SylverReZ, although it has to be bigger for ancientboi to like it
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Whoever liked it is gay it's just a smiley face