Hacking [NEWS] Atmosphere can now load HBL on all FW and Fusee to boot into OS soon*

• Thread starter Deleted-442439
  • Start date
  • Views 107,479
  • Replies 258
  • Likes 93

elm

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

For HB launcher only: Puyo once to install Fake News

For CFW: Fusee Gelee (Joyconhax) or Fake News + Pegaswitch

Just wondering: I'm on 4.1.0, Do we need the Puyo Switch game just once or every time we access CFW?

Last edited by elm,

DogParty

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Just wondering: I'm on 4.1.0, Do we need the Puyo Switch game just once or every time to get into CFW?

PPT is only needed on 1.0 because it's the only known way to launch the web browser on that firmware. Every other version can use the DNS redirect to open the browser, though Nintendo is currently trying to stifle that entry point. On versions above 1.0 and below (I think) 3.0.2 they have to use the browser twice to install the HBL per reboot.

Reactions: elm

elm

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
PPT is only needed on 1.0 because it's the only known way to launch the web browser on that firmware. Every other version can use the DNS redirect to open the browser, though Nintendo is currently trying to stifle that entry point. On versions above 1.0 and below (I think) 3.0.2 they have to use the browser twice to install the HBL per reboot.

Ok great, thanks for the info :)

Devin

"Local Hardware Wizard"
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
piracy will consist of maybe 1% of the user base. of that 1%, maybe 1% of them were ever going to buy the game to begin with. And quite a few of that .0001% will go out and buy games they liked it. They might wait for it to go on sale first, buy it for a friend instead of themselves, or just tell people to buy it because of how awesome it is. Factor in how companies see zero profit or numbers from used games, and it doesn't really hurt them that much. It could even improve the numbers for good games and reduce the numbers for bad games.

I mean, I'm sure the big developers will still lose money, but probably not nearly as much as they'd have you think.

I agree with most of your points there. I'm mainly referring to people who say that they buy the games they pirate on a regular basis if not all the time. There are some situations that I could see a purchase being warranted even after pirating a game;

Multiplayer. (This is the one that I feel is the most common. There are some weird workarounds. Like the Spacewar multiplayer exploit but for most games you're locked out of the fun multiplayer.)
Sale. (This would apply some time after the game was released and the person wanted to replay the game(?). I don't see this being too common.)
Bugs/Updates. (This I feels is the second most common. At least for PC games where the developer releases a bug fixing update and people have to wait for that update to be cracked as well. MGS:V TPP comes to mind as there was an issue with one of the opening missions. Game crashes, etc.)
Antipiracy. (We're going off the Nintendo path a bit here as I can't remember any 3DS games with antipiracy. The DS for sure had AP in games. Anyway, how soon a game is cracked is a big factor in purchasing a game. At least it was for me. I preordered Far Cry 5 because I knew it was going to take a good amount of time for it to be cracked. This won't really matter to people who wouldn't have purchased the game anyway but antipiracy does generate sales for those who have an interest in a game but don't want to wait for the AP to be circumvented to play.)

I'm sure there are some reasons that I missed but I'm sure I hit most of the major ones. Everyone has their own circumstances, I don't judge.

Last edited by Devin,
Reactions: osaka35

osaka35

Instructional Designer
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm sure there are some reasons that I missed but I'm sure I hit most of the major ones. Everyone has their own circumstances, I don't judge.
I've done it with collector's editions sometimes. I collect, and wrapped is always desirable to unwrapped. For instance, I still have my ocarina of time CD sealed.

Or if I've got it preordered, and can't pick it up that day or week if I'm out of town. Though I'm pretty sure I'm in the minority on these two reasons haha

BelmontSlayer

Pokémon Master
Trophies
XP
Country
Thailand
So the recommendation to stay under 5.00 for easier CFW access isn't really there anymore?
Correct, unless you want to wait for a softmod option which will probably not be released until after CFW comes out. The "hardmod" is so easy you can use a paperclip to boot it, so I don't see any reason to stay on a lower firmware but to each his own.

Xandroz

Trophies
XP
Country
Egypt

3.0.2 HBl as far as my knowledge its 3.0.0 and below only.

Dread_Pirate_PJ

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
nah, we solved that problem Trump and Kim are meeting next month, and we setup a Switch at the de-militrayized zone, and they going to play a game of 1-2 Switch and see whom is 'fast draw' between the two, and then sit down and milk some cows together, the video will go viral reaching first ever 1 trillion views, and world peace will be here for the first time.

Thanks man. That's beautiful. The cow milking took it over the top, like a frozen rocket over the horizon.

10/10, will laugh again and again.

Dread_Pirate_PJ

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Not 100% sure, but I know this: "The legal term public domain refers to works whose exclusive intellectual property rights have expired, have been forfeited, have been expressly waived, or are inapplicable. For example, the works of Shakespeare and Beethoven, and most early silent films are in the public domain either by virtue of their having been created before copyright existed, or by their copyright term having expired" (From wikipedia)

Can't wait for early silent film emulators to come out for the Switch!!

Jackson98

Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
Yep and I agree with him...

I can only enjoy games trough "illegal backups", but I can't stand is ppl that are pretty well in life and still don't buy games...

Today I just saw on the best MP patched games by my gaming GOD Robin HOOD it self someone freaking donated 1000$. WHO THE HECK downloading games illegally have 1000$ to donate jeez, I'm already thinking that person is from Denuvo or will soon do some damage to my gaming GOD and shut down the server ;).

Most of what I love homebrew for at the end of the day is roms and retro emulation really.
To be honest the games I actually really want to play for the switch I will end up buying in cartridge or on the eshop, I am well enough to do so I am more than happy paying. I don't judge what anyone else does with their consoles though, my wii is full of games I would have never known of or bought otherwise if not for homebrew.

Last edited by Jackson98,
Reactions: JaRocker

r6tro

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
Australia

For HB launcher only: Puyo once to install Fake News

For CFW: Fusee Gelee (Joyconhax) or Fake News + Pegaswitch
what about for 2.1.0?

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

im on 2.1.0, once nintendo blocks out the entry point how do we access it then?

Maximilious

Whistles a familiar tune
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
what about for 2.1.0?
im on 2.1.0, once nintendo blocks out the entry point how do we access it then?

Use switchbrew DNS - https://switchbru.com/dns/

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Hm, there seems to be a contradiction with SwitchBrew. They offer this DNS IP for accessing the web browser - 45.55.142.122. But then they also offer this DNS which is supposed to block the latest ns:vm switch in the OS to stop web access - 104.236.106.125 (via https://switchbrew.github.io/nx-hbl/).

I'm not certain the first IP will block the vulnerability since they are still redirecting to Google DNS services. Anyone know someone on the reswitched team on the site to tag them and ask?

Reactions: r6tro

Don Jon

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
No, hardware hacking has become magic, and now grants you three wishes, so you can make it behave however you want.

Fusee Gelee is a tethered hack. Which means for now - and until it gets "replaced" (not likely - at least not short term), both a Jig (or a permanently shortened point 10 (which has its own negatives) and a powered device on the USB port after each and every boot - are needed. Unless you opt for some form of modchip (can temp short pin 10 and talk to USB internally).

Apparently people are also working on maybe replacing the prerequisite of having to tether a powered device via usb - but that lies in the future, after the first wave of releases (its in the "we've heard the efforts exist" stage).

https://team-xecuter.com/faq-xecuter-sx-family/

auto rcm mode implemented jackass

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://www.kohls.com/product/prd-6512692/arcade-1-up-infinity-50-games-game-board.jsp?pfm=bdrecs...