9th_Sage

Trophies
Website
twitter.com
XP
Country
United States
PharaohsVizier said:
No need to bash it just yet. Give it a fair shot like every other cart, once we've deemed it good or bad, THEN go flame it. There are definitely people who have HIGH expectations for the cart. And I don't mean fanboys.
The thing that irks me about it is all the people who are like "OMG! EX4!!" when we know even less about it than we do the Supercard DSTWO. Also, there hasn't really been a concrete release date for that one either has there? Don't see how people can call out the Supercard DSTwo and not the EX4 (I mean, they barely had a website, and not even that anymore).

Ryukouki

See you later, guys.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Like PV said, just give the cart a chance. DSDatabase is to get some sort of review sample soon so just be patient. Get it first read the review, flame later!
biggrin.gif

Potticus

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
PharaohsVizier said:
9th_Sage said:
PharaohsVizier said:
No need to bash it just yet. Give it a fair shot like every other cart, once we've deemed it good or bad, THEN go flame it. There are definitely people who have HIGH expectations for the cart. And I don't mean fanboys.
The thing that irks me about it is all the people who are like "OMG! EX4!!" when we know even less about it than we do the Supercard DSTWO. Also, there hasn't really been a concrete release date for that one either has there? Don't see how people can call out the Supercard DSTwo and not the EX4 (I mean, they barely had a website, and not even that anymore).

I'm not sure where you've been, but you could say we know quite a bit about the EX4, we know how it looks like, the packaging, there's videos on how the GBA and the menu runs, there's a LOT of information. You can even download the software. The Supercard DS TWO is somewhat shrouded in mystery, but what we know is from extrapolation of their work on EOS for the Supercard DS ONE. In terms of actual released information, EX4 has a lot more, we just seem to have a firmer grasp of the Supercard DS TWO because we've seen some of the previous products and wild fantasies about the list of features.

EX4 doesn't have an exact date, but it is already manufactured I believe, and there are no problems or anything. I THINK they are actually stalling the release dates so review samples can get out, and reviews can be written first. Which again seems to SCREAM that the team is confident about their product. Unlike the SCDS2 where the release date is far off, and we really see nothing from it, I know a full working sample of the EX4 is already packaged and shipped, I'm expecting to receive it on Monday.

Now I'm not saying the EX4 is good, or comparable to the Supercard, but it makes me feel the same way you feel when people think the EX4 is the greatest, I too feel it is a little unfair to have people calling the EX4 trash before anything is really known about it. Funny how two carts that are still unreleased can have such vast differences in opinion. The Supercard DS TWO and the EX4 share almost identical feature sets, and the Supercard DS TWO is being hailed as the greatest cart in existence while the EX4 is a piece of trash. Again I'm just trying to level the playing field here. I'm actually quite excited for the release of the Supercard DS TWO as well, I REALLY want to compare it side by side.

I think you summed this up very well, I agree with what you said totally. I think the Supercard 2 is getting better hype because the Supercard 1 is a very well made card, and has great features. While the r4 has slowly been dieing, and now cloned.

It sounds like the EX4 could be a dark horse and end up rivaling the SC2. Honestly it could come down to who releases first, and a few good reviews.
I think the comparison will enlighten many users, and actually direct most users to buy one or the other.

tajio

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Man, the menu and skin looks SEX!!! Ahhh the beutiful design is so sleek and SEXy! Supercard FTW!!!

Berthenk

Epitome of Awesomeness
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Netherlands
babykane said:
Thanks!
Good thing Google translates stuff for us!

Edit: lol at "DS Knight" guide.
"Back to the game ate several gold coins, gold coins a few changes, the current is 6."
"And then "return" game, we eat gold, so gold would again be changed. The current number of coins into a "7""
Cool translation!

dudereno

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
2zf3b6u.png

Interesting...

http://eng.supercard.sc/manual/dstwo/faq.htm

Edit: couldn't resist adding this picture.

4zykph.png

"It's time to beyond DS"?

It's a small quibble..but.. haven't the Supercard chaps got any one within their ranks, that can proof read the English translation for the web site before it goes live? The site is littered with Engrish.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Sonic Angel Knight @ Sonic Angel Knight: :ninja: