When will Hykem release his Exploit?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

BothyBhoy

Trophies
XP
Country
The IOSU Exploit does not require a Kernel Exploit, only Userland (which is already available up to/including 5.5.1)
i know that, but a kexploit wd let the furore die down and maybe settle the atmosphere. i dont see where i said an exploit was a requirment of iosu. just that theyre totally wasted in private hands, as theyre gonna be useless and outdated when iosu arrives. read what you see and stop imagining what you dont....thank you....

jimbo13

Terry Crews #1 Fan
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I would like to physically assault a guy doing a free service to me. But trust me I'm not entitled.

When you are trying to reach a destination that lies on the right(5.3.2) and a Troll tells you can go left and get there just as easy (5.5 kex will be here before the end of February) it's not service.

It's self-indulgent promotion and scensters actively encouraging suppression of exploits for their own whims and hype.

That's right, Devs don't owe anyone anything. And users don't owe them praise, hype, or restraint when Devs lie to them.

Reactions: Oh No

fiveighteen

Distractible Dabbler
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i know that, but a kexploit wd let the furore die down and maybe settle the atmosphere. i dont see where i said an exploit was a requirment of iosu. just that theyre totally wasted in private hands, as theyre gonna be useless and outdated when iosu arrives. read what you see and stop imagining what you dont....thank you....
They won't be useless and outdated, though. They're certainly good to keep stockpiled. Chill out Bothy.. so snarky. :P

CableLeecher

640K ought to be enough for anyone
Trophies
EARTH | SOL-SYSTEM | SECTOR 001 | ALPHA QUADRANT
XP
Country
Gambia, The
To be honest, I would be quite happy if the IOSU exploit will be released rather later than unfinished. First of all it gives the devs more time to polish everything (complete solution incl. EmuNAND etc, Loader, Ripper whatever) and it might be a higher chance that it won't be patched in 5.5.2.

I rather have it in a higher firmware release, hopefully with at least a few new features.
Yeah I know the Wii U ist almost dead, but guys, whoever buys the console now or did just lately, should have been clear already that not to many AAA-Titles will be developed for it anymore.

In the meantime I enjoy the games that I have and every little piece of now homebrew is like a little x-mas gift.

It would be a shame to burn the exploit just to speed up a release with unfinished software.

Cheers People, it's Weeeeeeeeeeeeeeeekend!
:grog:

Last edited by CableLeecher,

BothyBhoy

Trophies
XP
Country
To be honest, I would be quite happy if the IOSU exploit will be release rather later. First of all it gives the devs more time to polish everything (complete solution incl. EmuNAND etc, Loader, Ripper whatever) and it might be a higher Change that it won't be patched in 5.5.2.

I rather have it in a higher Firmware release, hopefully with at least a few new Features. Yeah I know the Wii U ist almost dead, but guys, whoever buys the console now or did just lately, should have been clear already that not to many AAA-Titles will be developed for it anymore.

In the meantime I enjoy the games that I have and every little piece of now homebrew is like a little x-mas gift.

It would be a shame to burn the exploit just to speed up a release with unfinished software.

Cheers People, it's Weeeeeeeeeeeeeeeekend!
:grog:
i totally agree and i like the stuff you host for 5.3.2. works great for me thx....

Reactions: CableLeecher

bi388

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
When you are trying to reach a destination that lies on the right(5.3.2) and a Troll tells you can go left and get there just as easy (5.5 kex will be here before the end of February) it's not service.

It's self-indulgent promotion and scensters actively encouraging suppression of exploits for their own whims and hype.

That's right, Devs don't owe anyone anything. And users don't owe them praise, hype, or restraint when Devs lie to them.
How does not talking about assaulting him fall under "praise, hype, or restraint"? Also he never said "go left (update)" he just said if you had "gone left" he would help you

CableLeecher

640K ought to be enough for anyone
Trophies
EARTH | SOL-SYSTEM | SECTOR 001 | ALPHA QUADRANT
XP
Country
Gambia, The
i totally agree and i like the stuff you host for 5.3.2. works great for me thx....

You're welcome. If I have time, I'll updated my package on sunday with another frankenstein-release that will be as stable as my last package but with latest features if possible.
I quite like the idea also that one branch from @dibas let's us disable the display of the gamepad to save battery.

We will see. I'm on my way back home from the businesstrip and can't wait to see my wife and kids again.
Till sunday I wish you all a great and happy Weekend.

Cheers, Mike.
Oooops, I mean CableLeecher ;)

Last edited by CableLeecher,
Reactions: BothyBhoy

BothyBhoy

Trophies
XP
Country
It's been long enough that waiting doesn't bother me anymore. I would like to get an emunand installed soon, though, before a surprise update.
yeah theres gotta be an update soon....its been too long and nintendo have been too quiet for me.....

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

You're welcome. If I have time, I'll updated my package on sunday with another frankenstein-release that will be as stable as my last package but it latest Features if possible.
I quite like the idea also that one branch let's us disable the display of the gamepad to save battery.

We will see. I'm on my way back home from the Business trip and can't wait to see my wife and kids again.
Till sunday I wish you all a great and happy Weekend.

Cheers, Mike.
Oooops, I mean CableLeecher ;)
kewl @CableLeecher enjoy your week-end my friend and i'll keep my eyes peeled on sunday.....Bye!!!!

Reactions: CableLeecher

netovsk

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Since smea is working with him and is known for being good on the money it's just a matter of time until it releases, no idea when but of course it will happen eventually.

I'm just wondering if I should sell my 5.3.2 Wii U before it happens as I realized that except for Fatal Frame V there's not much else that really excites me regarding Wii U games.

Reactions: Nikoru

Rob Blou

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Since smea is working with him and is known for being good on the money it's just a matter of time until it releases, no idea when but of course it will happen eventually.

I'm just wondering if I should sell my 5.3.2 Wii U before it happens as I realized that except for Fatal Frame V there's not much else that really excites me regarding Wii U games.
Where did you read that Smea is working with him?

Failed to fetch tweet https://twitter.com/hykemthedemon/status/705502244066689024

Last edited by Rob Blou,

BullyWiiPlaza

Nintendo Hacking <3
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
More whining? It's hilarious how about 99% of everyone wanting this release either don't know what exactly it is for or wants to just play free pirated games because apparently people aren't interested in any game mods development or homebrew games at all. The latter is already available so what is all the hype for? Anything big I missed? :P

Reactions: Whatnoww

SkittleDash

Head Nurse
Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
More whining? It's hilarious how about 99% of everyone wanting this release either don't know what exactly it is for or wants to just play free pirated games because apparently people aren't interested in any game mods development or homebrew games at all. The latter is already available so what is all the hype for? Anything big I missed? :P

I'm just interested in the game modding and just backing up my games. Saves me the trouble of switching discs. =3

Edit: Also, Nice to see you!

Last edited by SkittleDash,
Reactions: BullyWiiPlaza

deinonychus71

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well game modding requires cafiine or similar, so kernel exploit at least. I also don't care much about pirating cause there's not a lot of games and most of us already bought them anyway, but yeah, access to modding on last firmware will be great :)

I'm just interested in the game modding and just backing up my games. Saves me the trouble of switching discs. =3
Yup, that's why I buy all my games digital, at least on ps4... cause the Wii U eshop sucks balls, and oh, you moved to another region? Sorry, no support for you ~

Last edited by deinonychus71,

netovsk

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Where did you read that Smea is working with him?

https://twitter.com/hykemthedemon/status/705502244066689024

Indeed the only place flooded with drama is GBATemp. We (developers, hackers, whatever) all get along nicely.
Marionumber1 is working on his own method to exploit IOSU for which I'm giving a hand, naehrwert has been extremely helpful regarding obfuscation of the exploit and general documentation of the kernel as well as plutoo and smea.
The more distinct exploit paths the merrier so there will always be a stockpiled exploit for emergencies.

Here but it seems I got it wrong, nevermind what I said.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: I agree the Bad Dragon has the weirdest fans lol +1