News about Hykems Exploit

Discussion in 'Wii U - Hacking & Backup Loaders' started by michelthemaster, Mar 4, 2016.

?

When will Hykem release his Exploit?

1. March

17.4%
  2. April

26.6%
  3. Never

56.0%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. michelthemaster
    OP

michelthemaster Member

Newcomer
    Mar 22, 2015
    Gambia, The
    Hey there guys,

today i ve seen on a german website some news about Hykems Exploit:

He is waiting for a coordinate relase of his exploit, means he is waiting for the right moment to release. And it will come with Emunand and a Homebrew-SDK (for easy HB-Developing).

Opinion: I really like the idea of the coming Emunand, like its allready done with the (new) 3DS, its a good way to have access of all features of your console without taking the risk being banned online or updating the exploit firmware.

Greetz

michel

Source:

http://wiidatabase.de/iosu-exploit-wird-zusammen-mit-emunand-erscheinen/

2. mech

mech ♥️♥️♥️♥️♥️♥️♥️♥️

Oct 26, 2014
    Tuvalu
    No.

josh87402, AboodXD, jesus96 and 3 others like this.
  3. fatsquirrel

fatsquirrel GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

Nov 11, 2013
    I am so very over waiting for Hykem to release anything..I rather enjoy what master dimok blessed us with.

kingraa777, Irastris, jesus96 and 4 others like this.
  4. Viri
    This message by Viri has been removed from public view by Veho, Mar 4, 2016, Reason: Cretinous bullshit.
    Mar 4, 2016
  5. thekarter104
    This message by thekarter104 has been removed from public view by Veho, Mar 4, 2016.
    Mar 4, 2016
  6. memomo
    This message by memomo has been removed from public view by Sicklyboy, Mar 4, 2016, Reason: Trash.
    Mar 4, 2016
  7. ChainsawPolice

ChainsawPolice Member

Newcomer
    Feb 27, 2016
    Sydney
    Yeah, it's public knowledge that Hykem is waiting for the right time to release the exploit, which will be when (and if) the vulnerability is patched in the next fw update. Nothing new here.

8. GOT4N

GOT4N GBAtemp Regular

Sep 13, 2009
    Antigua and Barbuda
    Don't worry, he will release it.

9. ChainsawPolice

ChainsawPolice Member

Newcomer
    Feb 27, 2016
    Sydney
    Hykem will release the exploit.
    It's not a matter of if.
    It's a matter of when.

He's doing the best thing for the community, and it makes me mad when people don't get this. They're impatient and think Hykem owes them something.

Just be patient. Jesus christ.

Last edited by ChainsawPolice, Mar 4, 2016
    RichKK, KytuzuEX, cjizzle and 16 others like this.
  10. fatsquirrel

Nov 11, 2013
    Hello user with 12 messages who joined this saturday. Apparently you are very close with Hykem. Could maybe be his sister or even a wife.

Thank you for letting me know that it will surely be released! Also you know that this is best for the community. I want to be like you when I grow up.
    Im so happy that my 3 year wait for the hack is finally coming to an end.

KytuzuEX, Piluvr, mrolive and 12 others like this.
  11. ChainsawPolice

ChainsawPolice Member

Newcomer
    Feb 27, 2016
    Sydney
    Jeez dude, I'm not sure if you're being sarcastic or not, but people have already stated that the exploit is coming and that Hykem is holding on to it until it gets patched. I'm not exactly bringing fresh news to the locker rooms. Everyone knows this. It's everywhere.

Also my join date means nothing. I've been lurking for ages now, but haven't really wanted to post because everyone here acts like children when it comes to the IOSU exploit being worked on.

No need to be a dick, bro.

kargath, KytuzuEX, treebeard and 12 others like this.
  12. fatsquirrel

Nov 11, 2013
    I was born being a dick, cant help that.
    But ''people have stated that exploit is coming'', what people exactly? Random gbatemp members ? That means absolutely nothing, you know that.
    Its not everywhere until it comes straight from hykem.

Subtle Demise likes this.
  13. ChainsawPolice

ChainsawPolice Member

Newcomer
    Feb 27, 2016
    Sydney
    http://wololo.net/2016/01/18/kernel-keys-for-wii-u-iosu-5-5-1-revealed/

There, I found this after spending five seconds searching for "hykem iosu exploit". Now stop being a chodewad.

EDIT: Kliffcom also posted more tweets from Hykem below.

Last edited by ChainsawPolice, Mar 4, 2016
    Whatnoww and dav1102 like this.
  14. Kliffcom

Kliffcom GBAtemp Regular

Aug 26, 2014
    Gambia, The
    Last edited by Kliffcom, Mar 4, 2016
    ChainsawPolice likes this.
  15. kaotik2k

kaotik2k Member

Newcomer
    Jan 17, 2016
    I think everybody just needs to forget about Hykem. It's sad that some people were impatient with him at first but when you keep announcing things and delaying them even for good reason some people will be upset. This is what IRC is supposed to be for, so developers can discuss ideas and build these hacks before anybody here knows anything about it. Unfortunately that didn't happen and people here got very excited about the prospect of IOSU before it was anywhere near ready.

Hopefully we will eventually see something from him but people need to stop throwing random dates out now. If he is working with Smea who in his video said redNAND is nowhere near ready for public its going to take a while as I'm sure they don't want to risk bricking anything. Also if it still works IOSU will need to be ported to any future updates by Nintendo so don't expect anything from Hykem any time soon.

I think all we can really hope for on 5.5 is a kernel exploit which would be really nice right now.

16. MontyQ

MontyQ GBAtemp Regular

May 24, 2009
    Canada
    all issues on this site would never happen if sonyusa didnt open her mouth 6 months in advance to make a huge war on these forums. if anyone should be banned should be her for starting all these overhype threads that cause bashing mean thing ect

she did same with gateway hypetrain ect caused a shit storm for what reason besides to get cause shit.

she should have known after the first time and all the crap not do it again but seems a regular thing.

Last edited by MontyQ, Mar 4, 2016
  17. Daggot

Daggot GBAtemp Fan

Aug 3, 2015
    United States
    Not doubting it's release but

Smea and plutoo are most likely not involved
    https://twitter.com/smealum/status/705457434702192640

Unless he's being sarcastic here(which is a real possibility) I'm pretty sure there is no other team
    https://twitter.com/hykemthedemon/status/705502244066689024

Hykem made the announcement himself in the wii u hacking and homebrew thread and it spread to homebrew news sites like wololo in no time flat even before that containment threads creation. He has nobody to blame but himself if you want to take that angle.

Last edited by Daggot, Mar 4, 2016
    AssemblerX86 and Chuardo like this.
  18. SkittleDash

SkittleDash Loading...

Oct 21, 2015
    Skyloft
    Warning: This thread will contain whining and pointless arguments in the next 24 hours. Those of any innocence, please remain calm and just do one very simple thing, ignore. I can almost guarantee they will be silenced.

ChainsawPolice, Exavold and ajd4096 like this.
  19. Kliffcom

Kliffcom GBAtemp Regular

Aug 26, 2014
    Gambia, The
    Yeah for what is he waiting? It seems smea / plutoo / naehrwert and so on are the guys that working on IOSU related things. So i think he is waiting for a release from smeas rednand and then he release his IOSU exploit since naehrwert dont want to release it.

20. fatsquirrel

Nov 11, 2013
    This is like saying, look FailOverflow hacked it. They will release it.
    Bull-shit in other words.
    This is absolutely NO GUARANTEE that it will ever be released.

Oh No, Irastris and Subtle Demise like this.
  21. LysergCooltyp

LysergCooltyp I don't know why the microwave burns

Nov 4, 2011
    While i expect a release some day, i still went went with never because it's the closest to 'by the time everything will be ready i already got what i need from the eshop or second hand'.

If by then i'm still on an exploitable firmware great, if not whatever. Sitting on 5.5.x waiting for things to come is just not worth it imo when you can enjoy recently released games which is way more fun.

Oh No likes this.
  22. Kliffcom

Kliffcom GBAtemp Regular

Aug 26, 2014
    Gambia, The
    failOverflow hacked it one month after the release. They made a blogpost and a talked about it on 30c3. They said they will never release it.

Hykem did great work in the past and gave us keys. He is a trusted dev so you should believe him.

Last edited by Kliffcom, Mar 4, 2016
    yuyuyup likes this.
  23. thekarter104

thekarter104 GBAtemp Maniac

Mar 28, 2013
    United States
    Time to wait for: Hykem selects.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.