Hacking newest update and Sky3ds

teleska

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I see that there is a template file for sky3ds, I have downloaded the newest files.
On that list is Mario Paper Jam.

The 2ds recently updated to the latest firmware to use eshop and download.

I put paper jam on the sky3ds. It goes to the file and does not work.
I am assuming from what I have read that it has AP checks?
Would this game have worked on the sky3ds before I did the firmware upgrade for the 2ds, or would it have never worked?

Zidapi

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
I see that there is a template file for sky3ds, I have downloaded the newest files.

Would this game have worked on the sky3ds before I did the firmware upgrade for the 2ds, or would it have never worked?
You didn't indicate which sky3ds model you have, but unless you've got an orange rocker sky3ds+, it won't work on your vanilla 3DS and never will.

Quantumcat

Dead and alive
Trophies
Website
boot9strap.com
XP
Country
Australia

If it has AP checks, you need the Sky3DS+.

Reitel

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Sometimes they add games to the templates even if they will not work (either because those games are eshop exclusives or have the AP checks); seems like they don't fully test their own templates. It's not quite common, but happens.

teleska

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
"You didn't indicate which sky3ds model you have, but unless you've got an orange rocker sky3ds+, it won't work on your vanilla 3DS and never will."
Sorry zidapi. I thought I was being clear in the model saying SKY3DS not SKY3DS+. I also mentioned about utilizing a TEMPLATE file which is not required for the SKY3DS+ and it necessary for the SKY3DS....

"Sometimes they add games to the templates even if they will not work (either because those games are eshop exclusives or have the AP checks); seems like they don't fully test their own templates. It's not quite common, but happens."---Reitel

Thanks Reitel This is exactly what I was looking for. Thank you very much. I would have assumed the AP checks would be built into the GAME itself and not the FIRMWARE of the 2ds/3ds. Thank you very much.

Quantumcat

Dead and alive
Trophies
Website
boot9strap.com
XP
Country
Australia
Thanks Reitel This is exactly what I was looking for. Thank you very much. I would have assumed the AP checks would be built into the GAME itself and not the FIRMWARE of the 2ds/3ds. Thank you very much.
You're right, they ARE built into the game itself.

Also, if you want to quote someone, you can click 'Reply' in the bottom right corner of their post, or 'add quote' if you want to quote more than one person, then 'add quotes' when you want to place those quotes into your reply.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: I see your mop and raise you George's mop lol