Hacking Newest firmware

stopthepress

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi, I got an r4...I think it's American early this year. I was wondering if where I could find the newest firmware, and how I would go about putting it on my r4.

thx

Joey R.

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
1. GBATemp (i.e. the site you are on right now). Download Section. R4 Firmwares.
2. Extract the contents of the zipped file you get from GBATemp and put them in the root of your microSD card.
3. Read this, for Christ's sake.

wchill

Resident chillxpert
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Here's the problem:
You got a product that is no longer supported.
So, you'll have to go to the GBATemp download section and look for the R4DS 1.18 firmware.
Unless you got a fake.

JPdensetsu

Trophies
Website
youtube.com
XP
Country
Taiwan
On r4ds.cn or nentindo.com or GBATEMP.net
wink.gif
In the download Selection !

ojsinnerz.

Damned
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
Dead support team is dead.

Anyone getting a R4 at this point is just stupid, or a fanboy.

If you bought it long before that( over 4 months ago), then you're fine.

stopthepress

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
ojsinnerz said:

Yeah it was over four months ago....and back then it seemed like r4 was the best choice and not to mention the easiest for me to find. Now I'm hearing about this cyclo stuff, and I have a feeling once/if I get that there will be something else new and better for homebrew.....

ojsinnerz.

Damned
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
stopthepress said:
ojsinnerz said:

Yeah it was over four months ago....and back then it seemed like r4 was the best choice and not to mention the easiest for me to find. Now I'm hearing about this cyclo stuff, and I have a feeling once/if I get that there will be something else new and better for homebrew.....

Well the CycloDS has been the best cart for a year. It's gotten Realtime saves, Realtime guide, SDHC support, native 3-in-1 support, and everything. Trying to beat that will be nearly impossible at the moment.

CycloDS will remain the best for awhile.

stopthepress

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Any way guys, thanks for the help.

Once I loaded the firmware on r4 my problems with homebrew went right away. I guess r4 isn't too bad for now....

paul3100

Trophies
XP
Country
I don't think its a good idea actually everyone running out to purchase a cyclods! why?

Well look at the R4 , very popular and its the first name on everyone's lips when it comes to flash cards on the ds which was good for the R4 team to begin with as they sold tons but with all the popularity comes nintendo hot on there heels and as a result the R4 has suffered and that is the biggest reason for the decline of the R4. oh and lack of features & non sdhc.

So if now everyone goes for the cyclods then nintendo will start with them and before we know it they too will be shut down and hence no new updates.!

So i have the supercard and its a good choice as it has as many features as the cyclods and is cheaper but doesn't get talked about as much as the others but gets regular updates and so should be a good choice for the rest of the DS commercial life ...SC team support all there cards all the time and were here from the start :-)

paul

stopthepress

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
paul3100 said:
I don't think its a good idea actually everyone running out to purchase a cyclods! why?

Well look at the R4 , very popular and its the first name on everyone's lips when it comes to flash cards on the ds which was good for the R4 team to begin with as they sold tons but with all the popularity comes nintendo hot on there heels and as a result the R4 has suffered and that is the biggest reason for the decline of the R4. oh and lack of features & non sdhc.

So if now everyone goes for the cyclods then nintendo will start with them and before we know it they too will be shut down and hence no new updates.!

So i have the supercard and its a good choice as it has as many features as the cyclods and is cheaper but doesn't get talked about as much as the others but gets regular updates and so should be a good choice for the rest of the DS commercial life ...SC team support all there cards all the time and were here from the start :-)

paul

Good logic. But for me personally, the cyclo or some other card similar might be good because it goes up to 4 gigs...or more I think. Although I could always just switch out my 2gig, I'd rather have it all in one.

I also want one that's supported, it's kind of hard to ask questions about a card if no one knows about it. So like you maybe I should go for the somewhat popular, but not the most popular... but still works reasonably well.

But seriously r4 is awesome, this is really the first problem I've ever had with it, and the firmware worked. I just hope it'll be enough until the next new homebrew ap.

Nintendo should let us have our DS fun, it's software and hardware will still sell regardless. And for the people that are getting games illegally, it's not like they have all the features of a regular cart like online and stuff. I have a feeling homebrewing won't be possible with nintendo's next handheld if they're following wii's way, whenever that is.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @OctoAori20, Thank you. Hope you're in good spirits today like I am. :)