Hacking NEWER Super Mario Bros. Wii

benbop1992

Trophies
XP
Country
I have an idea for the second world... how about we have a 2D mario galaxy level?All you gotta do is make sure your character has propellar so they can fly from 'planet' to 'planet.'

ffdgh

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
^lol that sounds great and we can use those floating water things to swim from planet to planet too XD

RainbowIE

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
ffdgh said:
^lol that sounds great and we can use those floating water things to swim from planet to planet too XD
Now THAT is what I'm talking about. The intelligent placement of NSMBW elements into new types of world themes that just make you go "ahh! that's so clever!"

I vote 'yes' on a whole intergalactic/space/planetary "World".

EDIT: Is anyone able to screencap a few different parts of 5-3, including a "Pumpkin Stalker" that has been frozen in absolute vertical position? Can you easily do that, skawo (just curious)? Here's the video link where the vertical freeze takes place: http://s297.photobucket.com/albums/mm230/s...urrent=forb.flv (at 0:35). If anyone else can easily/quickly screencap an .flv, that would be appreciated.

I want to start an example whereby we can simply photoshop together an idea, such as the wall jumping between two vertical frozen Pumpkin Stalkers.

EDIT 2: NEVER MIND! LOL, i just realised I can easily print-screen .flv's on Photobucket. Cheers, Skawo.

RainbowIE

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
span said:
Read all through the posts, awesome project guys, some great ideas, Good Luck!
This was what I sed was defiently needed, a brand adventure.

I will be following this topic with great interest.

Also I will be starting a New Super Mario World Topic later and we are looking for extra team members,
got a few people onboard allready.

From what I have read/understood of Reggie so far, a pretty spot on re-make is possible,
for those who are worried about the Propeller Mushroom not acting like the Cape Feather,
I think I have this sorted, just needs to be finalised/tested.

Once again, GOOD LUCK & Kind Regards, SPAN...
biggrin.gif
I also just wanted to take time to say kind regards likewise to you and your team, span! Thankfully there's no reason to be in competition as the projects are in a sense total opposites
biggrin.gif

EDIT: D'oh, sorry bout the double post.

ffdgh

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
and if there is a ocean/pirate graveyard thing, lets not forget to add fish bones, and those annoying crows

skawo96

Trophies
XP
Country
Using the DS level editor, I created something that I guess could become 1-1 of our hack.
Of course, we'd have to recreate and expand it using Reggie!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RLA3J1uWE3U

Simple, very easy grassy level. Star coins are also pretty easy to get.

When Reggie comes out, I'd like to expand the underground area (for now I had to stick with area Nintendo set for this level) and move that 3rd Star Coin there. The upper area also needs to be bigger.

RainbowIE

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
skawo96 said:
RainbowIE said:
skawo96 said:
One idea that came to me while playing immediately when playing the game...these side-stepping things from 5-3. When you freeze them, they create a nice platform you can walk on. I thought: what if you had to freeze them in a proper angle so you can get a star coin/secret entrance/whatever? That would be kinda clever ;P
Well, that's a fantastic idea, presuming that that same area would not be possible to reach by simply (run-)jumping on top of it. Something to test, besides that, perhaps, is if these same creatures actually WALK ON TOP of frozen enemies (whether themselves (to keep the heights consistent) or otherwise). In 5-3 they occasionally wait for little platforms to open up (see here) so imagine if you had to freeze like a pyramid of them, or something, to reach a platform that's otherwise too high? Questions: can you even freeze these guys? And once defrosted, would they stay in place if a frozen enemy was standing on them? (Might be a collision nightmare.)

Also, since this puzzle is enemy based, we can narrow down which world/level uses the trick. Perhaps the overgrown underground Pipe Maze world (whether above or below ground level)? Or even a Ghost world, since their heads are Hallowe'en-ish?
tongue.gif
Food for thought.
Oh, but of course you can freeze them:
http://s297.photobucket.com/albums/mm230/s...urrent=forb.flv

Simple photoshop makes preliminary ideas so easy!
smile.gif

16itniw.png

skawo96

Trophies
XP
Country
RainbowIE said:
skawo96 said:
RainbowIE said:
skawo96 said:
One idea that came to me while playing immediately when playing the game...these side-stepping things from 5-3. When you freeze them, they create a nice platform you can walk on. I thought: what if you had to freeze them in a proper angle so you can get a star coin/secret entrance/whatever? That would be kinda clever ;P
Well, that's a fantastic idea, presuming that that same area would not be possible to reach by simply (run-)jumping on top of it. Something to test, besides that, perhaps, is if these same creatures actually WALK ON TOP of frozen enemies (whether themselves (to keep the heights consistent) or otherwise). In 5-3 they occasionally wait for little platforms to open up (see here) so imagine if you had to freeze like a pyramid of them, or something, to reach a platform that's otherwise too high? Questions: can you even freeze these guys? And once defrosted, would they stay in place if a frozen enemy was standing on them? (Might be a collision nightmare.)

Also, since this puzzle is enemy based, we can narrow down which world/level uses the trick. Perhaps the overgrown underground Pipe Maze world (whether above or below ground level)? Or even a Ghost world, since their heads are Hallowe'en-ish?
tongue.gif
Food for thought.
Oh, but of course you can freeze them:
http://s297.photobucket.com/albums/mm230/s...urrent=forb.flv

Simple photoshop makes preliminary ideas so easy!
smile.gif

16itniw.png
That won't work, my friend.

RainbowIE

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
skawo96 said:
RainbowIE said:
skawo96 said:
Oh? How come?
The game will probably glitch out when they'll try to stand on the same platform.
Yeah, I had wondered about that, so indeed that will require some testing. My first thought was simply if the Stalkers had different initial positions so they never crossed paths, but of course, the ability to freeze counteracts that. What if there were TWO blocks in the middle?

skawo96

Trophies
XP
Country
RainbowIE said:
skawo96 said:
RainbowIE said:
skawo96 said:
Oh? How come?
The game will probably glitch out when they'll try to stand on the same platform.
Yeah, I had wondered about that, so indeed that will require some testing. My first thought was simply if the Stalkers had different initial positions so they never crossed paths, but of course, the ability to freeze counteracts that. What if there were TWO blocks in the middle?
Y'know what? I don't see this puzzle happening. You'd have to place the blocks so the Stalkers won't collide with each other, but so still it's possible to wall jump between them.

I have a simpler puzzle though (lazy MS Paint work, beware!)
de6ja.jpg

RainbowIE

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
skawo96 said:
RainbowIE said:
skawo96 said:
RainbowIE said:
skawo96 said:
Oh? How come?
Y'know what? I don't see this puzzle happening. You'd have to place the blocks so the Stalkers won't collide with each other, but so still it's possible to wall jump between them.

I have a simpler puzzle though (lazy MS Paint work, beware!)
de6ja.jpg
= Nature of discussion forum justified! LOL. Yep, the idea has evolved to the logical conclusion. Good thinking on the P block thing. Now it just needs to be set in a different world/level altogether (I'm thinking either Ghost House/World or Piranha/Pipe World) whereby it's positioned in such a way that you can't propellor yourself up that high. Somehow.

Pop006

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I kinda like the idea of the "Backwords" game where you start off at bowsers castle and work towards yoshies island, not to shabby....

One of my initial ideas was to try to make one that went through all the elemens of the game "in order"...
example:
1. under water to just above water levels
2. swamp into forest
3. desert into mountain
4. mountain climbing up into icy mountain
5. icy mountain into "outter space"
6. Fall from outter space into lava levels

I'm not 100% sure, something along the lines of that....
P.S. I was up WAYYYY to late last night working in photoshop, soo tired today...

RainbowIE

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Timmy5000 said:
hey, dont forget to post some of these ideas here
http://nsmbw.freeforums.org/index.php
I will shortly!

QUOTE(Pop006 @ Nov 24 2009, 02:10 PM) I kinda like the idea of the "Backwords" game where you start off at bowsers castle and work towards yoshies island, not to shabby....

One of my initial ideas was to try to make one that went through all the elemens of the game "in order"...
example:
1. under water to just above water levels
2. swamp into forest
3. desert into mountain
4. mountain climbing up into icy mountain
5. icy mountain into "outter space"
6. Fall from outter space into lava levels

I'm not 100% sure, something along the lines of that....
P.S. I was up WAYYYY to late last night working in photoshop, soo tired today...
^ Haha yeah, same, I got up at 3pm earlier today cos I was up so late last night. We appreciate it dude. This community is off to a rockin' start.

For your "ordered" world idea, do you mean trying to go from "lowest" to "highest", or do you mean trying to connect the elements so that the final levels of one world "merge" thematically with the levels of the next world?

Oddly enough, it's the exact opposite of my idea, which is to end by going lower and lower through a series of catacombs ending up in Bowser's castle that's at the center of the planet.

Pop006

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
How about if we merge the 2?
Start off, climb up and up and up, get to "outter space"
"Fall" back to the surface and smash into the catacombs which lead to the deep pipe levels into lava, then you meet bowser...

P.S. me and my gf play the game together when we have the time, so im only so far in the game yet.... *blush

RainbowIE

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Pop006 said:
"Fall" back to the surface and smash into the catacombs which lead to the deep pipe levels into lava, then you meet bowser...

P.S. me and my gf play the game together when we have the time, so im only so far in the game yet.... *blush
What about a journey from Planet Mushroom to Planet Koopa, where World 8 in NSMBW is just one of Bowser's strongholds on Planet Mushroom, but not actually the home planet of the Koopas.

World 1: "World 8" (escape from the end of NSMBW to the beginning of this game i.e. Yoshi's Island -- aimed at being an amusing surprise that we start out in "Bowser's world"!)
World 2: "Yoshi's Island" (part forest, part grass, part beach, part water elements)
World 3: "Sewer System" (part pipe, part water elements, part overgrown forest)
World 4: "Ghostly Graveyard" (with sunken ghost ship) (mostly ghost elements, some water elements, retextured forest elements perhaps?)
World 5: "Freezeflame Fjord" (part lava elements, part ice elements, part water elements)
World 6: "Mega-Mini Mountain" (part tiny-huge elements, part mountain elements, part desert elements, part cloudy elements)
World 7: "Solar System" (make your way across some moons and planetoids and stuff to travel from above Planet Mushroom to above Planet Koopa) (needs a bit of retexturing I should think)
World 8: "Planet Koopa" (catacombs leading from the surface down to the Bowser's ACTUAL home, at the center of his planet)
Bonus World(s): "Toy Land" and/or "Retro Road"

PS World 7 could have some of the Gusty Garden idea of gusty winds from 2-3 as someone mentioned earlier.

Motherbrainsbrai

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
RainbowIE said:
Pop006 said:

What about a journey from Planet Mushroom to Planet Koopa, where World 8 in NSMBW is just one of Bowser's strongholds on Planet Mushroom, but not actually the home planet of the Koopas.

World 1: "World 8" (escape from the end of NSMBW to the beginning of this game i.e. Yoshi's Island -- aimed at being an amusing surprise that we start out in "Bowser's world"!)
World 2: "Yoshi's Island" (part forest, part grass, part beach, part water elements)
World 3: "Sewer System" (part pipe, part water elements, part overgrown forest)
World 4: "Ghostly Graveyard" (with sunken ghost ship) (mostly ghost elements, some water elements, retextured forest elements perhaps?)
World 5: "Freezeflame Fjord" (part lava elements, part ice elements, part water elements)
World 6: "Mega-Mini Mountain" (part tiny-huge elements, part mountain elements, part desert elements, part cloudy elements)
World 7: "Solar System" (make your way across some moons and planetoids and stuff to travel from above Planet Mushroom to above Planet Koopa) (needs a bit of retexturing I should think)
World 8: "Planet Koopa" (catacombs leading from the surface down to the Bowser's ACTUAL home, at the center of his planet)
Bonus World(s): "Toy Land" and/or "Retro Road"

the only problem with theming world 1 as world 8 is we cant edit the map so it will look like the mushroom hills until you go into a level. i dont know if you guys consider that a problem or not. if you do, we could easily do all of the themes you suggest but within the worlds that are already there. for example, world 3: sewer system could be in world 6 cause of all the pipes and stuff.

also for the bonus world, if we go with retro we could make levels from each of the games( NEW levels) with the skins of the old games to make it look retro

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users