Hacking Newbie wanted to get started

pcwizard7

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
Hi I'm New to 3DS hacking and wondering what's the best method to get started I have a old 3DS running 9.2. What's the best method to run a 3DS games GBA games DS games etc And any other useful tools that you might have

Is it better to be on 9.2 or 10.3? What is it better pros/cons?

Thanks

KungFuFishy

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I may be wrong but I believe all you'd have to do to perform a "clean" install on your 3DS would be to remove your SD card and reformat it.

pcwizard7

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
There only two ways i can think of doing this

1. Remove sd card and format it then go to setting>other>format system memory them place sd card back in when done

2. Run sysupdate downgrade method from homebrew and run it with 9.2

Now would t the downgrade method be a more clean restore install?

Hyura

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
There only two ways i can think of doing this

1. Remove sd card and format it then go to setting>other>format system memory them place sd card back in when done

2. Run sysupdate downgrade method from homebrew and run it with 9.2

Now would t the downgrade method be a more clean restore install?

No. You don't need to do that. There's no reason at all to do that.

You can simply format your SD card or use the 3DS function of formatting the console.

pcwizard7

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
I have menuhax/homebrew installed with rxtools and wanting to know how i fake my OS to the latest version so i can use a system transfer?

thanks

KungFuFishy

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm not sure as to what you're asking but if you're wondering how you'd go about setting up CFW and whatnot here you go:

pcwizard7

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
I m looking for update files for 9.2 i know you can't post it here but could some1 PM it to me
N3DS 9.2.0-20E:
MD5: 6dcca8fcbc9a28c82c2a4e5182f3acf8
SHA-1: e7c77bf205137167f1f1befa0c4db9d879a21a2e?

thanks in advance

pcwizard7

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
After a day of 3ds hacking i have mange the following

1. I just brought a new 3ds which came with 9.0 so i fellow a downgrade guide to try and update it to 9.2 which i got stuck the part of using sysupdater but no matter what i tried it just wouldn't work so i looked around and found a sysupdated that not only downgrades your ds but validates the update files. worked first try but funny thing is it only updated two cia update files then wanted to reboot. But then my troubles started, my DS would not boot even with recovery mode boot then i started to panic so i thought what if i format the sd card and after that it booted and funny enough it now read that it was on 9.2 and i manged to fellow ReiNAND Custom Firmware tutorial and now I have 9.2 and 10.5 running dual booted so Cris over :)

2. i m running sysnad 9.2.0-20E with emunad 10.5.0-30E with ReiNAND Custom Firmware

Now i m running a hacked 3DS i need some help install 3DS,DS,GBA Games etc ?

thanks in advance

Tools i needed for the hack

I need the latest version of ReiNand 3.2 Beta for the guide i followed to work
https://github.com/Reisyukaku/ReiNand/releases

Guide I followed

Jinnial

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well, for starters you are going to need a CIA installer to get any 3DS or Virtual Console running if you don't want to buy a Gateway. To do this, do the following exactly in this order:
  1. Decide on a CIA installer and download it's CIA version.
  2. Place that CIA file on the root of your SD card in a new folder called "CIAs" (Makes CIA installation quicker when doing more than one)
  3. Download FBI in 3dsx form and place it in your homebrew folder (Make sure to have the .smhd file too)
  4. Boot into emuNAND.
  5. While in your emuNAND, scan the browserhax QR code and boot into the homebrew menu.
  6. Open FBI and install your desired CIA manager.
  7. Turn your console off completely and then boot back into emuNAND.
You're done! Enjoy your ability to install CIAs. Just don't go off and request CIAs here. If you want to do that use the other site. Can't tell you the name, but just search google and I'm sure your find what your looking for.

pcwizard7

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
just wanted to say thanks to all the people in this thread who helped me Big Thankyou

I have my DS all setup now

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A0FyqCEfD0E