Newcomer
Trophies
Website
www.x-pec.com
XP
Country
Norway
Hi!

The last handheld I owned was the GBA SP (101), mostly for the reason that I wanted to play all the overhead zeldagames on one console. And now there's a new one coming, I'm definitely buying a 3DS XL, hopefully a bundle with ALinkBetweenWorlds.

So I've read a few of threads here about flashcarts and such, but alot of the pros/cons lists for the carts confuses me, and I was wondering if any of you could help me pick out the best cart suitable for my needs? Which is to emulate all the older zeldagames i have, on the 3DS ;)

I've read positive stuff about DSTwo, but would that be "overkill" to buy that one when my goal is to only play older games from different consoles and not do other fancy stuff with the 3DS?
And btw, does all of this work on the XL?
Thanks

Silverthorn

Spiky!
Trophies
XP
Country
France
If you want to play "older" (assuming GBA or older here) games on a 3DS(/XL), then the DSTWO is the way to go as it's the only one with decent emulators.
Also it does work with the XL.

Rydian

Resident Furvert™
Trophies
Cave Entrance, Watching Cyan Write Letters
Website
rydian.net
XP
Country
United States
Emulation on the DS sucks in general. The DS was budget hardware when it was released in 2004, the fact that the DSTwo cart itself has a better CPU than the DS is a testament to how far in the dust it is now.

And no, a 3DS is not any better, since we only have access to DS-mode on it. Things don't run better on a 3DS than on the original model, sadly.

If you want emulation, look elsewhere.

Skeet1983

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have been thinking about getting a Flashcart too, but don't really know much about them... What can they do and what one should I get? I saw the chart on another thread, but post said chart is out of date or something...

skarthebloodchild

Keep It Old School
Trophies
XP
Country
Greece
I have been thinking about getting a Flashcart too, but don't really know much about them... What can they do and what one should I get? I saw the chart on another thread, but post said chart is out of date or something...
Buy a ds lite or a dsi to play the nds games with a flashcard.
If you still want to play them on the 3ds you need to buy a supercard and it is quite expensive imho.
R4i gold is a cheap alternative but the latest update is not out yet.
Emulators on the ds are crap,psp does this better.

Rydian

Resident Furvert™
Trophies
Cave Entrance, Watching Cyan Write Letters
Website
rydian.net
XP
Country
United States
http://gbatemp.net/threads/ds-dsi-3ds-hacking-f-a-q.278137/
That answers all the basic questions.

And no, this chart is not out of date.
http://gbatemp.net/t290097-which-flash-cart-should-i-get

There's so few models because the DS is dead.

bingobot

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
Website
www.x-pec.com
XP
Country
Norway
So basically the supercard is mainly for DSgames? Just what kind of "issues" do the SNES emulator have anyway? What I've seen on youtube, it seems to work OK.. I duno, I just hope it can emulate Link's awakening in a gameboy emulator:P It just seems great to have ONE handheld to play new games on, and some old favorites

EDIT: almost forgot to ask; when buying a microSDcard, does it matter if its class4 or class10?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    OctoAori20 @ OctoAori20: Nice nice-