Hacking Newbie Burner

tmujir955

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I've been trying to burn isos(my own, legal ones) ever since my brother cracked my "Mario and Sonic at the Olympic Games". I downloaded the iso to my compter, but never actually thoght about burning it. Lots of people say to use Img Burn, with the Book Type set DVD-Rom. I did all that, using a Memorex DVD+r disc. Halfway through burning, it started giving me I/O errors and whatnot. Some people say to use Verbatim discs, but holy s*it, they are EXPENSIVE! Can anyone help!?
hate2.gif

gundalf

Trophies
XP
Country
My Wii works perfectly with EVERY Disc, from Verbatim to unknown Noname Disc, hell even strong scratched RWs work.
There is only one think i have never tryed, that are DVD+R Discs. I only uses DVD-R Discs.
And as applications i use Nero or CloneCD. IMGBurn for me does not work on my Computer's and Laptop, dunno why.

Good luck!

ether2802

we have the techno...!!
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
I'm using Memorex +R, working great, check if the ImgBurn says "Disc ID:Disc ID: CMC MAG-M01-00, Book Type: DVD+R" that's what says with my Memorex, I burn them at 8X, just in case..!!

Tichinde925

Marth Ditto Money Match?
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Office Max is having a VERY GOOD Verbatim sale that ends tomorrow, November 8.

Verbatim 100 pack DVD-Rs 16x for $24.99

(MCC 03RG20)

http://www.officemax.com/omax/catalog/sku....ategory_Id=null

Or you can go $10 cheaper for the 50 pack:

http://www.officemax.com/omax/catalog/sku....ategory_Id=null

The 25 pack in the store is actually $9.99 but online it says $19.99 :/

P.S.

These are all made in Tawain and work perfectly as these all have the same media code: MCC 03RG20

P.P.S.

Stay FAR AWAY from Memorex. Its only 2nd / 3rd rate. Go with Verbatim as its one of the 1st Class DVD brands.

quim69

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands Antilles
Taiwanese Verbatim are as good as TY - and if you buy Made in Japan Verbatims they are actually Taiyo Tuden TY03 dye.

Indian verbs are spunk though.

wolffangalchemist

This is bat country!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
tmujir955 said:
Guys, thx 4 ur help. DVD-R's from Memorex work PERFECTLY
let me guess Memorex dvd-r is Manufacturer ID: CMC MAG. AM3 in IMGburn?
those haven't failed me yet but a 5 pack of Memorex dvd-r's with Manufacturer ID: RITEKF1 screwed me on some of my ps2 backups really freaking skippy in MGS2!

PSXDupe

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Did you every think it might be your burner.

If the burn process is failing there is only a couple of things it can be.

Get yourself a good burner (they're only a couple quid these days), and get yourself good media.

Remember : Grab in, Grab out

kashin

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Netherlands
If he used multiple memorex DVDs it is most certainly the fault of the software, if it were hardware i don't think the other -r's would've worked either.

Zantetsu

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
No dvd-r memorex has ever worked on my wii.

Then again, my laser sucks but I thought I would just throw that out XD

ppc_gba

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
well, i was going to make a new topic, but i think i'll just post in here:
recently i've had some problems with my burner, at first i was sure it was my dvd-r's, but then I realized that my dvd burner is causing the problem. I went through several memorex dvd-r (which had previously been working fine) before deciding to try a different blank dvd source. so i tried a hp dvd-r, which was able to be burned (but later i couldn't burn this or anytrhing else) but oddly enough this game can only be loaded through the backup launcher channel, softchip and the patched menu both fail to load it. I'm not sure if this is due to the media type or if it was just not as good of a burn.
So I got a spindle of 50 DVD+R TDK on sale on black friday for $9. I had no problems burning these discs on my desktop (which as it turns does not properly bitset DVD-R or DVD+R, which I discovered also needs to be bitset...). However, I found I could no longer burn these discs or anything else on my laptop matshita drive which ironically enough is the only one (of mine) that does bitsetting to DVD-ROM on burned discs. So now I have to try and open up the drive and clean it or buy a new one, since I no longer have a warranty on it.
hopefully this will help other people who have the same problem.
at first i got errors like:
---------------------------
ImgBurn
I/O Error!

Device: [0:0:0] MATSHITA DVD-RAM UJ-850S 1.60 (D:) (ATA)

ASPI SRB Status: 0x04
Interpretation: SRB Completed With Error

Host Adapter Status: 0x00
Interpretation: Host Adapter Did Not Detect An Error

Target Status: 0x02
Interpretation: Check Condition

CDB: 2A 00 00 00 05 E0 00 00 20 00
Interpretation: Write (10) - Sectors: 1504 - 1535

Sense Area: F1 00 04 00 00 02 F0 0A 00 29 00 00 03 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00
Interpretation: Peripheral Device Write Fault
Retry Cancel
followed by:
ImgBurn
I/O Error!

Device: [0:0:0] MATSHITA DVD-RAM UJ-850S 1.60 (D:) (ATA)

ASPI SRB Status: 0x04
Interpretation: SRB Completed With Error

Host Adapter Status: 0x00
Interpretation: Host Adapter Did Not Detect An Error

Target Status: 0x02

CDB: 2A 00 00 00 05 E0 00 00 20 00
Interpretation: Write (10) - Sectors: 1504 - 1535

Sense Area: 70 00 05 00 00 00 00 0A 00 87 00 00 64 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00
Interpretation: Illegal Mode For This Track
Retry Cancel
which meant that the drive had started writing and failed. then i closed the track and session and was able to use windows explorer (oddly enough, but not nero or imgburn) to write things to it. if imgburn asks you to close the disc choose no, then go to tools->drive->close track then close session (do not close the disc if you want to still use it for holding files).
if this problem happens in nero it closes the disc automatically if you checked finalize disc on the burn dialog.

later, i got the following error, realized nothing had been written to the disk, ejected it, and sure enough the computer said it was blank when i put the disc back in again!
rolleyes.gif

ImgBurn
I/O Error!

Device: [0:0:0] MATSHITA DVD-RAM UJ-850S 1.60 (E:) (ATA)

ScsiStatus: 0x02

CDB: 2A 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 20 00
Interpretation: Write (10) - Sectors: 0 - 31

Sense Area: 70 00 03 00 00 00 00 0A 00 00 03 00 73 03 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00
Interpretation: Power Calibration Area Error
Retry Cancel
as you can guess sector 0 is the start of the disc! so the drive failed during its own self test to determine the laser power (or focusing maybe?). during all of this the drive had intermittent problems reading dvds/cds, so I'm guessing it's broken. I also tried restarting to Vista 64 bit which has close to nothing installed on it, which was actually when it failed to write anything, so it's not a software problem. I also found that nero had installed an incd service on my main os, even though their website says incd is not installed by default, which i disabled.
sorry for the long post, if anyone has any tips on how to fix it/clean it/replace it, please let me know.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    I @ I-need-help-with-wup-wiiu: i have an issue with loading games on usb with usbloadergx on vwii. Is there anyone that can...