Hacking newbie about flashcarts

Shaorin

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I'm about to buy a NDS Lite in Australia and I was wondering what do I need to play commerical games? I read some topics and got confused about 1slot - 2slot cards. What are the difference?

4saken

Retired Ace Attorney
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Slot 1 cards plug into the slot 1 and is all thats needed to play commercial DS roms
Slot 2 cards plug into the slot 2, and needs either a FlashMe firmware replacement or a passcard to operate, however has GBA and DS support. Slot 1 is becoming increasingly popular though.

For newer cards, all you need is a microSD and a suitable reader, and the slot1/2 card itself. If anything else is necessary - it will be included.

OSW

Wii King
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
i suggest reading up on gbatemp reviews.

when you choose a cart i suggest looking into it's performance in three catergories;

NDS roms
GBA roms (only on slot two cards)
Homebrew compatability (more leveled thx to DLDI)

carts i'd reccomend checking out, and some notes -

Slot 1: (no gba roms, gba homebrew, some older homebrew)
R4 or M3 simply DS (same hardware, different name)
DS-Extreme (its getting a price drop, but only then. Not as good NDS compatability. Internal memory. some nice bonus features)
Ez flash 5 (possibly the bundle edition)

Slot 2: (requires a passme device or flashme. requires software to patch games to run)
Ez flash 4 (nor flash memory is a bonus - instant gba game loading)
G6 lite (limited internal memory - 512 megabytes, nice loader)
Supercard lite (best homebrew compatability, crap gba support)

For NDS roms only, All of these carts have great support, although slot one carts have an advantage.

Shaorin

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Does the R4 card need a passcard in order to play commercial NDS games? can it run NDS homebrew? is there a way to make 1-slot to play gba roms? I don't wanna spend more money just to buy 1-slot & 2-slot card. Would these cards work on a Australian NDS Lite?

Destructobot

Crave the Hammer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Does the R4 card need a passcard in order to play commercial NDS games?No.

QUOTE said:
can it run NDS homebrew?Yes, if the homebrew uses DLDI, or does not need filesystem access. Old fatlib homebrew will not be able to access files on the microSD card. Nearly all new homebrew works.

QUOTE said:
is there a way to make 1-slot to play gba roms? I don't wanna spend more money just to buy 1-slot & 2-slot card.There is no way, it is completely impossible. Get the EZ-V and the 3 in 1 cart if you want good DS and GBA support as cheap as possible.

Would these cards work on a Australian NDS Lite?
Yes.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @OctoAori20, Thank you. Hope you're in good spirits today like I am. :)