New3ds + gateway - advice plz

Discussion in '3DS - Flashcards & Custom Firmwares' started by Chrisssj2, Apr 13, 2015.

1. Chrisssj2
    OP

Chrisssj2 GBAtemp Maniac

Feb 12, 2008
    Netherlands
    I wish to play xenoblade, and I got an old 3ds XL + Gateway+ DSTwo

I want to give my nephew my old 3ds and the means to play 3ds backups.
    And buy a new3ds for myself.

What would be the best and cheapest way to achieve this?

Keep gateway for the new3ds? Or find new solutution for the new3ds to play 3ds backups?
    Also I read newer firmware are not hackable?
    What if I buy new3ds with newest firmware..

2. Miles54321

Miles54321 GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Dec 16, 2010
    Gateway Headquarters with SonyUSA

Basically you first need to ensure your current Original 3ds is firmware 9.2 or lower, otherwise it is not gateway compatible
    If it isn't gateway compatible you would need a save dongle + Cubic ninja/ZeldaOOT3D + Gateway (which you already have)
    If your O3DS is gateway compatible you won't need the save dongle

If you dont want to hack your O3DS then yeah, i'd recommend getting a N3ds and doing 1 of the above methods

For the games you may have to find stores near you but I hear in US cubic ninja is cheaper and in EU zelda oot 3d is cheaper,
    You can get the save dongle at one of the Gateway resellers sites, check http://www.gateway-3ds.com/resellers/ for the best prices :D

I also very strongly recommend looking at the N3DS Product number topic as it will mention which models are coming with 9.3 or higher
    As far as I know there is a QWXXX model that is black that usually comes with 9.3 so you need to stay away from that and a few others
    Topic is here: https://gbatemp.net/threads/n3ds-xl-firmware-by-version-number.381479/

If you have any other questions feel free to ask

3. Chrisssj2
    OP

Chrisssj2 GBAtemp Maniac

Feb 12, 2008
    Netherlands
    MY current 3ds is 4.5...using gateway on it.
    Wtf is this save dongle crap?

Also if I put my original 3ds save games from the SD card in the new3ds will the saves work on the new 3ds?
    Would the saves be compatible with other flashcardS?

zelda is 44 euro won't buy that crap man wtf...?