Hacking New year surprise: The nephew update!!

cinhomartins

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Hello and happy new year everyone!

After receveing the visit from my oh so lovely nephew, i got my new year present... a brand new wii u update. The brat made another wifi connnection circunventing the protection for updates!

I managed to turn off the console before the install... so, my question is... is there hope? Can i delete the already downloaded update file?

Any help will be greatly appreciated.

Last edited by cinhomartins,

Uumas

Trophies
XP
Country
Finland
Hello and new year everyone!

After receveing the visit from my oh so lovely nephew, i got my new year present... a brand new wii u update. The brat made another wifi connnection circunventing the protection for updates!

I managed to turn off the console before the install... so, my question is... is there hope? Can i delete the already downloaded update file?

Any help will be greatly appreciated.
What is your setup? Are you using Haxchi? Are you using rednand? Are you using mocha?

Reactions: cinhomartins

xpoverzion

Trophies
XP
Country
Gaza Strip
I was on 5.3.2 using the brazillian method. I also had a cfw on the sd, but rarely used it...
Wow. Living in the past in terms of Wii U hacking setups. You should have modernized your hacking method awhile ago. CBHC is the way to go. Don't believe the 5.5.2 update affected CBHC. Can't give you too much advice on how to fix your issue, but I have a feeling it's going to be a bit of a process. Good luck!!

cinhomartins

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Wow. Living in the past in terms of Wii U hacking setups. You should have modernized your hacking method awhile ago. CBHC is the way to go. Don't believe the 5.5.2 update affected CBHC. Can't give you too much advice on how to fix your issue, but I have a feeling it's going to be a bit of a process. Good luck!!

Yeah... i already had all games i wanted to play on disk, so i never bothered to do anything else, since i had my wifi disabled.

When you think you're out, they pull you right back! :wtf:

Kafluke

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So did the update go through or are you still on 5.3.2? If you're still on 5.3.2 you should at least update to 5.5.1 as it's still the "golden" firmware version

cinhomartins

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
So did the update go through or are you still on 5.3.2? If you're still on 5.3.2 you should at least update to 5.5.1 as it's still the "golden" firmware version

I turned the console off before the install, but since it had already downloaded the update, i'm guessing its the 5.5.2 update, right?

I don't know if the downloaded can be somehow deleted... i came for help before turning the console on again...

KingMob75

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I don't know if the downloaded can be somehow deleted... i came for help before turning the console on again...

You can delete the update. There is a procedure somewhere in these forums that explains it, you can also read this thread on Reddit. You use the FtpiiU app to do it.

If your router has url filtering you should block the update servers there. That way you won't have to worry about someone messing with your Wii and downloading an update

Reactions: cinhomartins

cinhomartins

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
You can delete the update. There is a procedure somewhere in these forums that explains it, you can also read this thread on Reddit. You use the FtpiiU app to do it.

If your router has url filtering you should block the update servers there. That way you won't have to worry about someone messing with your Wii and downloading an update

Thanks... went ahead and updated, installed a canadian account and got haxchi running. Lost some time but it was a better solution for the long term...

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Really not a big deal, a Wii U on any firmware is easily hackable.

Indeed... got up to date with the hacking information and installed haxchi!

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: @salazarcosplay yeah cod's still up