New Wii Revision

Discussion in 'Wii - Hardware, Devices and Utilities' started by LightyKD, Nov 12, 2011.

1. tueidj

tueidj I R Expert

Jan 8, 2009
    Considering the first reply in this thread stated that the new wiis have no different software and can run homebrew just fine, yes it is a foolish question.

2. DinohScene

DinohScene Feed Dino to the Sharks

GBAtemp Patron
    DinohScene is a Patron of GBAtemp and is helping us stay independent!

Our Patreon
    Oct 11, 2011
    Antarctica
    Восторг
    I haven't seen a syscheck on one of the new Wii's
    So everyone can say that they will run homebrew.

3. SifJar

SifJar Not a pirate

Apr 4, 2009
    Yeah SysCheck is definitely necessary and 100% conclusive proof of everything...

Here's a SysCheck:

Warning: Spoilers inside!
    Warning: Spoilers inside!

It would have been completely impossible for me to fake that...oh wait, look at the date.

Point of this post: SysChecks are not important or overly useful. Don't rely on them. Particularly not for stuff like this.

Back on topic, the new Wii's do have the same software and can run homebrew. That has been confirmed already by one of the most knowledgeable members of the Wii scene that actually comes on these forums, tueidj.

4. ldies25

ldies25 Newbie

Newcomer
    Nov 28, 2011
    United States
    Sorry, I was unaware that tueidj was of that status.

I thought perhaps he was a random guy assuming things, and as his brief post was the only one confirming such a thing I was concerned.

5. DeadlyFoez

DeadlyFoez XFlak Fanboy

GBAtemp Patron
    DeadlyFoez is a Patron of GBAtemp and is helping us stay independent!

Our Patreon
    Apr 12, 2009
    United States
    If someone is up for mailing me one of these redesigned wii's I will add on the GC controller and memory card ports on to it. I have a junk wii mobo that I can take them off of. It'd be a fun test, even though I am sure it would work, but just to actually do it would be great.

PM me for more info.