Hacking New wii, issues playing backups

Acester

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Hey all, I've modded 2 wiis in my time and this is my 3rd, but the difference between the last two I've done are very old, and this one is brand new. So here's the story:

The wii was at 4.2, so I used xzxero's guide for modding 4.2U. Backed up the NAND, Restored Trucha bug sucessfully, deleted the stub IOS's, then I ran Waninkoko's cIOS38rev15 installer (I was unaware that there's a rev16..) then ran Hermes cIOS222/223 Installer. After that, I put in a backup and launched neogamma R8 beta 14, and clicked the load backup from DVD button. Green screen, black, then Error #001, something about a device detected or something.

So I looked around and then discovered that there was a rev16 of the cIOS38 installer, so I went ahead and just installed it like the last one, and it says everything went fine and was sucessful.

So now I try to load a backup from negoamma again, and the dvd spins up for a long time and then times out.. What the heck is going on? Can someone point me in the right direction? Thanks.

TheNewbPleaser

Trophies
XP
Country
yes use rev14 of neogamma if it still gets u a green screen or errors try getting the new USB loader or Gecko os since they can run disks on there newer versions with good copatibility

ddetkowski

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
New Wii's have the new D3-2 DVD drive that won't play backup discs AT ALL.
USB it.
Get a USB stick/HD and you'll be playing in no time..........

Sorry, I was 2 minutes late posting this...........

Acester

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
longtom1 said:
use rev14 for neogamma

I am using neogamma R8 beta 14... is this what you mean by rev 14? Sorry if that's a stupid question..

Also, I've read around a bit and I'm seeing that some new wiis can't play backups from a dvd?

Edit: Yeah, It's probably a new chipset. Thanks guys.
smile.gif
I'll look into usb loading.

miketh2005

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Acester said:
longtom1 said:
use rev14 for neogamma

I am using neogamma R8 beta 14... is this what you mean by rev 14? Sorry if that's a stupid question..

Also, I've read around a bit and I'm seeing that some new wiis can't play backups from a dvd?

i know, it sucks. they say you can swap the chipset, but i dont know how/what to buy. anyone knows?

TheNewbPleaser

Trophies
XP
Country
miketh2005 said:
Acester said:
longtom1 said:
use rev14 for neogamma

i know, it sucks. they say you can swap the chipset, but i dont know how/what to buy. anyone knows?

Dont change the chipset it might be risky just get a HDD and u can get all games u want and u know it will eventually become cheaper then buying good quality disks since bad qualitly usually dont work
tongue.gif

Acester

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
longtom1 said:
use cIOS rev14 as neogamma was written for it and doesn't work well with r15 and r16 if that doesn't work then usb loaders is the only way to go

Hey, I just installed cIOS rev 14. It worked. I'm shocked lol

15 and 16 didn't work, I wonder why that is?

Anyways.. One final, last problem. When I try to start up a NSMB backup dvd, neogamma loads it up, green screen, black screen, and then the wii goes to the system menu. How odd. It only happens with NSMB though, what's up with that?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Veho @ Veho: Looks like Link's Awakening was metaphorical.