Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Afghanistan
newdrive1.jpg

newdrive2.jpg

according to modchipcentral this prevents the drive board swapping trick

and replacing the drive or laser does not work either.

we are really getting onto usb hdd... ninty is getting smarter.

damysteryman

I am too busy IRL these days...
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
That's bad...

very bad...

...but I somehow don't know how it stops replacing the whole drive or laser... if the cables are not long enough, people will make longer cables.

People will be able to get past this, I think.

Do you have a exact link for all the information on this drive?

linuxares

The inadequate, autocratic beast!
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Sweden
Most likey they done like the 360. The keys must match the mobo, else it will tell you to go f. yourself.
But the laser... that I cannot figure out how they manage to block that.

wes11ph

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Afghanistan
linuxares said:
Most likey they done like the 360. The keys must match the mobo, else it will tell you to go f. yourself.
But the laser... that I cannot figure out how they manage to block that.

maybe they manage to make a new model for the laser, different pin outs i guess.

KiiWii

Editorial Team
Editorial Team
Trophies
Website
defaultdnb.github.io
XP
Country
United Kingdom
mousex said:
gisel213 said:
Wow what will they do next??? Remove the USB ports or change them to fire firewire LOL...
Ninty is so l337 at times....
rofl2.gif
They could replace the USB 2.0 hardware with real USB 1.1 hardware. That's still fast enough for Wiimotes and instruments but to slow for game loading.
Shhhhhhhhhhhhhhh dont give 'em ideas!

icyrainz

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
This is as bad as hell !!!!!!!
Why don't they stop wasting their time dealing with this and figure out how bull-shit their graphic in comparison to other consoles in this generation !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

toejam316

Trophies
XP
Country
New Zealand
If swapping the boards don't work, that'll mean they've seriously modified the underlying hardware, so these DVD drives are a whole new beast. I'm betting they've either changed the pins (which will be easily fixed), or they've changed the hardware enough that the boards simply won't work (I reckon they would've gone for something like this).

If they've locked the drives to the Mobo like MS does to 360s (which I bet they have), then if someone is really desperate for a drive swap, there might be a way to emulate the drive in hardware to connect to another drive.

If anyone is going to do that, it'll be the WODE guys, and they'll add it as an extra feature to the new WODEs.

mattjd

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
The next revison of wii's will come with no usb slots on the back with a completely random slot on the back for a dongle that has usb's in that dongle but only allows certain devices to send data to the wii like the guiatr etc...
tongue.gif

urherenow

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
icyrainz said:
Why don't they stop wasting their time dealing with this and figure out how bull-shit their graphic in comparison to other consoles in this generation !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Who gives a crap about graphics? I have a PS3 (with far superior graphics of course) and I don't play the dumb thing. I play the Wii mostly, because it's actually FUN to play! My PS3 is used almost exclusively as a Blue Ray player.

icyrainz

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
urherenow said:
icyrainz said:
Who gives a crap about graphics? I have a PS3 (with far superior graphics of course) and I don't play the dumb thing. I play the Wii mostly, because it's actually FUN to play! My PS3 is used almost exclusively as a Blue Ray player.
I agree the part that games on Wii are pure fun. But graphic is also important. And everyone wants a better graphic on Wii, agree ?

simonarturo

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Venezuela
icyrainz said:
urherenow said:
icyrainz said:
I agree the part that games on Wii are pure fun. But graphic is also important. And everyone wants a better graphic on Wii, agree ?

Nope, that's just the graphic whores
Lots of people prefer awesome gameplay and decent graphics over decent gameplay and awesome graphics
You want good graphics? Pimp your pc or get a 360 or a PS3
Nintendo was never into the graphics race for this generation, they chose instead to focus on playability

techboy

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
The good news about these drives is that they likely can't put them in repaired wiis, at least without replacing motherboards that still work. Also, what happens when the wii's drive dies? There'll have to be a way to configure new drives.

I'm honestly surprised N is still trying to play catchup with a hacking scene that is long ahead of them. They fixed the drive, so we'll use USB. USB 1.1 would be a proper solution, but it would mean yet another generation of motherboard hardware.

gisel213

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thought of something else... okay they change drives again woohoo but wan,kwirk and co developed usb loading
for usb hdd's well why not add a USB feature to the cios that will let you use an external dvd-rom or
burner now that would be interesting and i bet the games would run at 6x guaranteed and it would give people
another option on Wii backup loading but still the gamecube wouldnt work... but who cares we'll worry about
that later.....

It should be possible the lg-drive a pc drive will will read wii games with a special dump program so why not
any other drive from the usb slot... Think back to the xbox1 days after your flashed or chipped your box
you could hook a regular pc drive to it and it would read the games better and faster than microsoft's crappy
drives.....

Just a thought but that would smack ninty in the face if wanninkoko created that beast.....

icyrainz

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
WiiBricker said:
I dont get it, what is so special about those drives? Are they another drives than D3-2 drives?
You can buy a D2C drive board to replace the D3-2 but this one cannot ..

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    T @ Texasauras: SOLILOQUY