head of T3GZdev
OP
Trophies
Website
sites.google.com
XP
Country
United States
i didnt like my old wii 2 controller concept so i did alittle remodeling & im kinda impressed check this out.

Concept 1
QUOTE said:
my old concept

Concept 2
QUOTE said:
the 1st controller is the motion controller & motion nunchuk. (oh yea & i name the console nintendo hive)
not 100% sure if the controller will have a screen so i left it out of this one but it does have gyro, dual speakers & mic & dual analogs.
(analogs are square shaped because its different but they should feel same way & circle-pads on 3ds.)
mote3labled.jpg

dual.jpg
dual1.jpg
dual4.jpg

rechargeable battery too.

& im sure some of you are gonna whine, what about the screen controller rumors? dont worry i have made a screen version.
the motion nunchuck will have the screen fold out of the controller, kinda the same way the screens on hand cameras work fold out & rotateable.
dual%20with%20screen1.jpg
dual%20with%20screen3.jpg

& yes that is a screen from battlefield 3
but the screen will come out of the controller the same way the screen comes out of this camera.
12mp-Digital-Video-Camera-44246.jpg

Concept 3
this morning i read this tread on here that got me thinking that maby thhis would work.
my motive
has dual analogs, screen with touch feedback like that post, & 3D, & looks kinda tablet like, with gyro built in.
on this one those aren't buttons those are on the touch screen, with the feel feedback.
touch3.jpg

this 3rd one is my last controller mockup, unless more rumors come...

what do ya guys think? ya or nay?

Taleweaver

Storywriter
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
Erm...what to say?

You sure put some work into it, t377y000. That's nice to see, and it's appreciated.

But when taking into account that for a controller, quality implies 'fit to be used'...I have to vote 'nay' as well.

EDIT: now...for some clarifications:

The thing looks just like a wiimote. That in itself wasn't the most popular controller ever (face it: pretty much all 3rd party games went with classical approaches). But you managed to enhance things in the wrong way.

-Dual speakers. Wow...I had almost forgotten the wiimote had speakers to begin with (I have it turned off for 99% of the games to save batteries...and it was more a gimmick in LIT as well). But even if it WERE popular, then the effect of dual speakers is pretty much nil to begin with because of the positioning (in your hand). Besides...how would a game EVER make use of a game that broadcasts different sounds in your hand?
-positioning of buttons. Erm...if there is ONE button that every game uses, it's the A-button. You managed to place it in at least an awkward position. I assume there's a B-button on the back as well, but even then: it has far too less buttons.
Oh, and the home and power off button on the wiimote are tucked away for a good reason: so you don't accidentally press them. with that setup, I can foresee lots of people accidentally turning off their console just by having a firm grip on their controller.
-what's with the square pad? Is that a similar thing as the 3DS round pad? If so...keep in mind that the wiimote was designed so it can be hold both as a (limited) classical controller (perfect for NES and gameboy games) as like a remote control. Due to the square pad positioning, you can at best only use it as a classical controller...but it has far too little buttons for it.
-why does the nunchuk has THE EXACT SAME LAYOUT as the wiimote? I mean...it doesn't even have buttons.
-as for the camera...no. Remember that this is a console that will be used by toddlers and small children as well. So a design that works fine for camera's simply begs to be broken on a console. Even if you're playing games that don't rely on waving the controller around.

CannonFoddr

Regular GBATemp Lurker
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
Personally it's a 'Nay' from me as well.

In my opinion - when the Wii2 comes out it's gotta have something 'new & unique' to draw in the buyers. If it came with 'Modified wiimotes' - people are gonna be put off with it.

* IMHO - from the rumours I've read - The Wii2 is gonna be 'upgradable' - which to me means that certain parts of the base unit can be swapped out with newer stuff.
[I'm thinking along the lines of how a Laptop can get upgraded - remove a HDD 'block' & replace with a larger capacity HDD... Replace the existing DVD for a BlueRay drive etc]

* The Wii2 is also supposingly coming with TWO different controllers.
My guess is that there's still gonna be a Wiimote of some description,
Wii-2-Remote-Assures-A-Lot-More-Fun1.jpg
but the 2nd controller is going to be the one with the built in touchscreen...
In fact I think the second controller will be nothing BUT a touch screen but with a few buttons/joystick on the side, maybe arranged similar to how the 3DS has - a Wiipad perhaps??

(Try to think of a 6" iPad with touch controls showing onscreen like this)
Fling-ipad-game-controller-450x322.jpg

CannonFoddr

Regular GBATemp Lurker
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
Well here's a [quick] mockup of what I think the Wii2 touchscreen controller may look like
29er5z5.jpg

* The blue icons down the edge are touch sensitive - & programmed to 'show up' depending on the content on the screen, & 'disappears' when not required
* There's 2 grey analog sliders on each side (OK they look like the 3DS & they overlap the screen slightly, but that's just because I'm not that brilliant at rescaling)
* Any ADDITIONAL controls are superimposed onto the 6-inch touch screen (like the blue 'D-pad')
* Although not shown - I would also guess that there's 'molded grips' on the back of the controller - perhaps with additional trigger buttons

T3GZdev

head of T3GZdev
OP
Trophies
Website
sites.google.com
XP
Country
United States
Wever said:
Erm...what to say?

You sure put some work into it, t377y000. That's nice to see, and it's appreciated.

But when taking into account that for a controller, quality implies 'fit to be used'...I have to vote 'nay' as well.

EDIT: now...for some clarifications:

The thing looks just like a wiimote. That in itself wasn't the most popular controller ever (face it: pretty much all 3rd party games went with classical approaches). But you managed to enhance things in the wrong way.

-Dual speakers. Wow...I had almost forgotten the wiimote had speakers to begin with (I have it turned off for 99% of the games to save batteries...and it was more a gimmick in LIT as well). But even if it WERE popular, then the effect of dual speakers is pretty much nil to begin with because of the positioning (in your hand). Besides...how would a game EVER make use of a game that broadcasts different sounds in your hand?
-positioning of buttons. Erm...if there is ONE button that every game uses, it's the A-button. You managed to place it in at least an awkward position. I assume there's a B-button on the back as well, but even then: it has far too less buttons.
Oh, and the home and power off button on the wiimote are tucked away for a good reason: so you don't accidentally press them. with that setup, I can foresee lots of people accidentally turning off their console just by having a firm grip on their controller.
-what's with the square pad? Is that a similar thing as the 3DS round pad? If so...keep in mind that the wiimote was designed so it can be hold both as a (limited) classical controller (perfect for NES and gameboy games) as like a remote control. Due to the square pad positioning, you can at best only use it as a classical controller...but it has far too little buttons for it.
-why does the nunchuk has THE EXACT SAME LAYOUT as the wiimote? I mean...it doesn't even have buttons.
-as for the camera...no. Remember that this is a console that will be used by toddlers and small children as well. So a design that works fine for camera's simply begs to be broken on a console. Even if you're playing games that don't rely on waving the controller around.

lol your reply seemed like the best, explains why the nay.
i did put alot & the concept was based off of the original wiimote but it was ment to be taller & skinnier for grip.
-the dual speakers was because of teh one with the screen on it.
-position of the buttons. there actually the same as original wiimote, except the square-pad is between D-pad & A-button, home-button moved & the power button has been moved to the inside of controller because i put the speaker there. & yes the B-button & C & Z-button are still at the back.
-& as for the nunchuck having far to less buttons i forgot to put this
https://lh4.googleusercontent.com/_dSgNtwBq...ith%20X%26Y.jpg
i didn't put the pic above because i keep getting error saying
"Sorry, dynamic pages in the
frown.gif
(
lol & the pic of the camera was just a reference of how the screen would come out. lol kids flinging cameras.
rofl.gif

Veho

The man who cried "Ni".
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Croatia
I think it will look like those universal remotes with touch screens (can't be arsed to draw my idea of it so here's what Google images came up with; imagine a D-pad above the screen):

dRzDB.jpg

Keeping the Wiimote/remote form, with buttons and a touch screen.

That is, provided the tactile-feedback touch screen rumors are false. If they're true, it's anyone's guess. Maybe the tactile feedback replaces buttons completely.

Y05h1

Trophies
XP
Country
Finland
Ugh, I just want a comfortable controller, with physical buttons... with a bonus touch screen. It should have two analogues, a d-pad, a, b, x, y, start, L and R triggers... Which is why I like the IGN concept (a modified CC Pro with a screen slapped onto it).

Wii-2-Project-Café-Details-IGN-Analysis.jpg

I don't think the screen will protrude out of the controller like that, but will rather be in the center, and the controller will be a tad wider than the average controller. I would make a mockup if I had the time...

But please, no more remotes
frown.gif

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • BakerMan
    I rather enjoy a life of taking it easy. I haven't reached that life yet though.
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: this one