Hacking New vita 3.60 get! some questions...

xwizit

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
I have gotten some amazing help before by the 3ds side of the forum, but its time for some vita help. I have read the noob guide and have also googled some stuff but there seems to be a lot of conflicting information around the web. So i basically want to know a few things before i dive in later this week

I have purchase

VITA 3.60 firmware
sd 2 vita card
128gb micro sd

I currently have
ps vita on 3.65 with legally owned games. but thats beside the point.

My questions are:

I am reading a lot about activation, ps store, etc etc.

*Can i activate the ps vita that is coming to me in the mail now? Does it need to be done via a pc? With this, will i then have access back to PSN where i can download my legally purchased stuff?

*Does Adrenaline REQUIRE activation and a purchased PSP game?(lots of conflicting info regarding this one)

*Once henaku enso installed, can i access psn, remote play, etc etc basically tread the console like a legit ps vita?

Lastly, does any setup need to be done for the SD card and adapter? i think yes, but ive seen so many different guides, is there a surefire easy way to set up the SD card and sd2vita adapter?

Thanks in advance for the help.

Tom Bombadildo

Dick, With Balls
Trophies
Website
POCKET.LIKEITS
XP
Country
United States
1). You can activate using new plugins, and download games you legally own, however the support is iffy at best and sometimes it just doesn't work at all. Download link and instructions are here: http://renpdrm.customprotocol.com/release_page.php

2). No, not anymore. All you need for Adrenaline now is to install this VPK, and it handles the rest: https://github.com/TheOfficialFloW/Adrenaline/releases

3). Can you treat your Vita as legit? To a certain degree, yes. Online play would still work, remote play would still work, and as previously mentioned PSN stuff works sort of. Should you? Probably not with your legitimate account, if you want the least possible chance of losing everything. While I haven't seen any evidence of bans or mass bans, there's always the chance Sony might permaban your account if they detect you using CFW or pirated materials.

4) The SD2Vita does require setup if it hasn't been already, which is detailed in this particular guide: https://psvita.guide/sd2vita-info-setup

You can also follow that guide for setting up Henkaku and everything as well.

xwizit

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
1). You can activate using new plugins, and download games you legally own, however the support is iffy at best and sometimes it just doesn't work at all. Download link and instructions are here: http://renpdrm.customprotocol.com/release_page.php

Thanks for the incredibly detailed reply. In regards to this point, which part is iffy? the downloading legally owned games, or the activation?

Secondly, is activation even needed for any major henaku services anymore? Thats the part that has me concerned the most. For what its worth, i do have a pc to help with activation if needed as well as a ps3.

Tom Bombadildo

Dick, With Balls
Trophies
Website
POCKET.LIKEITS
XP
Country
United States
Mainly accessing the PSN Store and downloading games. From what I've seen, for some people the plugin simply doesn't work at all, for others I've seen it work once or twice and then not work and then not again.

I'm not aware of any major benefit to having an activated Vita any more. At best, only legitimate PS+ games would likely require an activated Vita, but at this point you could just create or download a backup of the game and use that to get around it.

xwizit

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
One last q i think! With my new vita, can i install henaku, henaku enso and everything else *without* a ps vita memory card?

xwizit

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Just wanted to thank you for the help. I have now modded and installed everything and am up to date.

I am currently using my 64gb memory card for the vita which i plan on selling since i have sd2vita now. The next challenge-figuring out how to move everything across!

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Veho @ Veho: Waiting for Anbernic's rg[whatever]SP price announcement, gimme.