Hacking New USB Drive & Modchip but still "Not a wii disc" foun

Wiisee

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hi all,

I have used a modchip in my wii for a long time. It has served me well, and so has 3.2e system menu, so i stay on it.

I installed cios38 Rev 17 which i think is needed for the usb loaders.

The modchip works well and finds the game i want to play or HB channel etc.. and everything works fine.

But recently i got an external hardrive, and having checked the gba compat list, found no problems with it and it is said to work.

So i formatted it in WFBS manager, and prior to that made 3 partitions as fat32.

I then dled and loaded usb loader gx, and configurable usb loader yet both said "Error not a wii disc!" when i tried to install from a backup to my new drive.

I have tried a few discs and always got the same message.

Can anyone advise me on what im doing wrong? To load games from neogamma channel is fine, and on the disc channel but for some reason it just wont
acknowledge the discs as wii discs when i try to install them to my hardrive via usbloader gx/CFG loader.

Thanks in advance for any help.

WS

mvgc3

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I think you need Hermes' cIOS 222.

There may be a setting in USB Loader GX to change which cIOS to use, as well. Look through the settings and if you see IOS 222 somewhere try to change it to IOS 249.

Hermes' is fine though, and you should be able to find the topic with the newest release on the first page here. I heard there have been compatibility problems with some loaders though, so you may want to look for an older release.

Justin121994

Bitcoin. coinbase.com/andrew
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
why'd you format as wbfs? You should have just leaved it as fat32? One partition... and use Configuration loader fat version with cios 222, 223 v4??

Wiisee

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
mvgc3 said:
I think you need Hermes' cIOS 222.

There may be a setting in USB Loader GX to change which cIOS to use, as well. Look through the settings and if you see IOS 222 somewhere try to change it to IOS 249.

Hermes' is fine though, and you should be able to find the topic with the newest release on the first page here. I heard there have been compatibility problems with some loaders though, so you may want to look for an older release.

Thanks for the advice. I will give it a go and see how it goes. I figured hermes may be required if i wanted to play the games, but i didnt think there would be problems if i only wanted to install games... I thought it mayve been a 3.2e issue, but from what i read that shouldnt be a worry.

About why i formatted to wbfs: -

I wanted the main partition as wbfs to make it for wii games only, then use the fat partitions for uni stuff and movies and data storage purposes. I am a bit out of my depth with external hd's and from what i read wbfs had the best compat so i used that with the manager 3.0.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: Lol Veho.