Hacking New update?

grimmreapervi

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Cyprus
Hi guys! Today I popped in my Metroid Trilogy Disk, and it won't let me play unless I UPDATE MY SYSTEM? wtf? I thought 4.2 was the latest version! Did Nintendo give us a Xmas Present early? Is there any workaround to it?

G0dLiKe

who needs a title ;)
Trophies
Website
db.tt
XP
Country
United States
make sure its not zipped or rared and that it is for your region. Could also be that preloader doesnt like your SD.

grimmreapervi

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Cyprus
G0dLiKe said:
make sure its not zipped or rared and that it is for your region. Could also be that preloader doesnt like your SD.

Probably. My card is a couple of years old (came with a camera). Didn't any1 else get this update? O_O

dottor_male

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
I use metroid trilogy on 4.2E and it doesn't ask me to update. But I have also starpatch, so maybe I have disabled disk updates, I don't remeber...

vegemikee

Trophies
XP
Country
you probably updated a few IOS' and the system menu.
i think that option only shows up if the wii detects that the selected IOS, SM and boot2 (in this case) havent all been updated.
if preloader cant read your SD card because its a HC, try updating to Priiloader rev15. that fixed my problem

ballboff

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
grimmreapervi said:
G0dLiKe said:

Probably. My card is a couple of years old (came with a camera). Didn't any1 else get this update? O_O

It's not a firmware update, just something to allow your console to play a game from a different region. It can brick your wii by doing so however. I wouldn't even play metroid prime trilogy through the disc channel anyway, as it contains 3 alternate dol's on the disc. You choose number 1 to play metroid 1, 2 for metroid 2 etc. Oh hang on, is this an original disc? mmmm.... ok yeah what he said lol. Or you could try startpatch, that works a bit better than the preloader hacks. And yeah, you need to enable the "block disc updates" feature.

grimmreapervi

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Cyprus
ballboff said:
grimmreapervi said:
G0dLiKe said:

It's not a firmware update, just something to allow your console to play a game from a different region. It can brick your wii by doing so however. I wouldn't even play metroid prime trilogy through the disc channel anyway, as it contains 3 alternate dol's on the disc. You choose number 1 to play metroid 1, 2 for metroid 2 etc. Oh hang on, is this an original disc? mmmm.... ok yeah what he said lol. Or you could try startpatch, that works a bit better than the preloader hacks. And yeah, you need to enable the "block disc updates" feature.

Startpatch worked for me!
I also got the very useful Auto-press A at startup
tongue.gif

Everything works now, thanks guys!

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Maximumbeans @ Maximumbeans: butte