Hacking New Update Is Live

Shinster

Trophies
XP
Country
Good thing I've installed HBC before this.
smile.gif

.TakaM

.II
Trophies
Website
takam.wordpress.com
XP
Country
New Zealand
For someone with an un-modded Wii, but already has the homebrew channel installed, would you guys recommend updating or holding off just in case nintendo takes further actions?

I kinda don't want to update unless I still have the TP hack to rely on

sphere9

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
darkcrudus said:
sphere9 said:
darkcrudus said:
Heran Bago said:
Thanks for going out on a limb and experimenting for teh greater cause, darkcrudus!

wow i didnt even see this =] thx!

QUOTEi thought you couldn't copy the save?

i didnt have a save anymore, i booted twilight princess anyway to see if they just hid the save, and it asked me to make a new save

and now we both suffer
frown.gif

anyway to downgrade so i can get my HBC?
frown.gif

i know! sadness right! v.v

i'm sure it'll be fixed soon, i can't see why patching the hacked save to resemble a legitimate save wouldn't work,

maybe by copying the original zelda save to a computer and feeding it into a patcher or something, i don't know...

harrybuttox

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
.TakaM said:
For someone with an un-modded Wii, but already has the homebrew channel installed, would you guys recommend updating or holding off just in case nintendo takes further actions?

I kinda don't want to update unless I still have the TP hack to rely on
ignore the update till further notice

Heran Bago

Where do puyo come from?
Trophies
Website
heranbago.com
XP
Country
United States
It's not like the common key trucha uses is the only acceptable one. Look at the homebrew channel.

Ohhh but that's super secret elite-class homebrewer information. Very hush-hush stuff well above us would-be pirates.

ProdigySim

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
jayparadox said:
I guess the system checks all the saves everytime it boots, and deletes those that are "bad". If so, using Waninkokos Savegame Installer will be useless.

Good thing is, if the HBC is still working it means that the trucha bug hasn't been blocked.
Thanks for following along! That's not what it means at all! Go ahead, try installing a trucha'd channel or using a trucha'd disc.

WAD signatures are checked upon install, not upon run.

One again for clarity, THE TRUCHA BUG IS PATCHED

teq

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hopefully this will cut down on the amount of stupid questions people ask about homebrew.

Instead of making a bunch of threads, they can just be told that the firmware doesn't support it.

harrybuttox

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
teq said:
Hopefully this will cut down on the amount of stupid questions people ask about homebrew.

Instead of making a bunch of threads, they can just be told that the firmware doesn't support it.
much nicer way of putting it lol

Bloodgod

嵐の王
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
teq said:

This is the internet. Nothing will ever prevent that from happening

Gamer said:
QUOTE(Gamer @ Jun 16 2008, 09:58 PM) Do you know if also deletes saves from other regions (ie. JAP ones?)

Also, the scrubbed games still work?

Bump :x

Only thing I need answered. Half of my bootlegs are JPN.

teq

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
harrybuttox said:
teq said:

much nicer way of putting it lol

Hey, just the guy I was speaking about...

DvDrmann

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Bloodgod said:
DvDrmann said:
Bloodgod said:
DvDrmann said:
And so the cat & mouse firmware game continues...

Listen Ninty, I bought your product. You have my money. Now 'F'-0ff with your supposed upgrades and firmwares(lock-0uts).

If i want to drive over it on the road and crush it to bits or eat a fried egg off of it, it's my business. This Wii belongs to Mii.

They're pulling that old $ony, M$ crap. If a brilliant mind has come up with a SOLUTION to IMPROVE your stagnant device, so be it.
Just let it happen. Or be like the rest(PSP etc.) and COPY the Homebrew geniuses(D_A & Mat.) and implement or include innovations in future updates and claim them as your dev's ideas.

meh....

i won't be updating. If this doesn't make my overall experience BETTER, then what's the point.
Get a grip Ninty pleease....Don't be like the rest.

STFU Nintendo is doing what they need to do to protect their IP from being stolen. You'd do the same thing if some ass hat is stealing food from your house
"STFU?".... well that was charming. I think everyone here realizes what/why Nintendo attempts to close off the likes of Waninoko's work.
But, tell me, why are you here, involved on this great forum after 400 odd posts? Unless it's to surround yourself with the rest of us "ass hats".
I don't condone stealing of any sort but after a lot of hard work by very talented people, i don't think there should be "lockout" type firmwares that prevent me from playing my back ups or try out some pretty neat homebrew on offer.
Embrace innovation, don't stifle it.

Do you constantly fail at life? everyone here uses that same retard excuse of "homebrew homebew homebew" "My backups." At least man up and say you're using the exploit as a wad installer to get VC/WiiWare games and stop lying to yourselves.
*yawn* We're finished. I bid you good luck sir.

Won't be updating here .....yet.
happy.gif

harrybuttox

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
darkcrudus said:
wat if you went and did the twilight hack yourself? like playing the game to the point where you can do the hack would that work?
not really possible because it was hacked to have Max Hearts with every armor, shield, and sword in 0:05 lol

teq

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
darkcrudus said:
wat if you went and did the twilight hack yourself? like playing the game to the point where you can do the hack would that work?

Uh.... the Twilight hack causes a buffer overflow and includes code to execute homebrew... try doing that on your own....

Playing the game isn't going to do it.

SenorClean

Trophies
XP
Country
darkcrudus said:

Unfortunately not. The reason it works is that they gave the horse a stupidly long name which causes the game to crash. You need to edit the savegame to have a twilight hack style exploit.

Of course, I'm sure there are other games they can exploit.... and maybe even a patcher - where you dump your own game, the patcher turns it in to twilight hack but maintaining your original signing. Something will emerge - but for now, I'm sticking with 3.2E.

DarkCrudus

The Ghost
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
teq said:
darkcrudus said:

Uh.... the Twilight hack causes a buffer overflow and includes code to execute homebrew... try doing that on your own....

Playing the game isn't going to do it.

oh v.v

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    rvtr @ rvtr: Spam bots again.