The Ghost
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
FireEmblemGuy said:
Anyone know if it breaks unauthorized VC games or other channels without proper tickets? My brother wants to take the Wii online while he's away, but if he has to update I'll have to put my foot down.

unauthorized VC's work, just tested it on my wii, i have no more twilight hack n no homebrew channel v.v

ProdigySim

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
darkcrudus said:
is there a way to install Homebrew channel without twilight hack?
You can try using the Homebrew Channel installer disc, although it's not likely that it will work. It's available from the hbc site.

teq

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
ProdigySim said:
darkcrudus said:
You can try using the Homebrew Channel installer disc, although it's not likely that it will work. It's available from the hbc site.

Not without a drivechip, you can't.....

DarkCrudus

The Ghost
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
teq said:
ProdigySim said:
darkcrudus said:

Not without a drivechip, you can't.....

me has wiikey!

skroooagh

Trophies
XP
Country
Just a thought - this update simply detects whether or not your savefile was ticketed by your console, right? If that's the case, couldn't someone make a patcher program to let people patch their own save files, thereby letting them run the Twilight Hack?

ProdigySim

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
skroooagh said:
Just a thought - this update simply detects whether or not your savefile was ticketed by your console, right? If that's the case, couldn't someone make a patcher program to let people patch their own save files, thereby letting them run the Twilight Hack?
I'm not exactly sure what you mean by this. The Twilight Hack was installed using normal Wii save data management functions. If Nintendo disallowed saves from other Wiis, they'd be pissing off a lot more than Homebrewers, and their changelog would have mentioned it.

CosmoKramer

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hmmmm. I'm so curious to update and all, but I have 8 GH3 Customs that used Trucha. I play them ALOT and don't wanna risk not being able to play them. What to do, what to do? If anyone updates and happens to have GH3 Customs, please let us know if they work. Thx. Lol. I should just go ahead and update anyway
tongue.gif

DarkCrudus

The Ghost
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
skroooagh said:

even if u put back the save file u cant run the hack

sebaash

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Cote d'Ivoire
darkcrudus said:
skroooagh said:

you try install twilight hack with save installer from Waninkoko?

Tanas

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
The twilight hack save still works, but instead of it running homwbrew from the SD card, you now start the game in a different location, with all weapons and items.

ProdigySim

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
darkcrudus said:
skroooagh said:

Nobody knows this for sure. It's possible that it looks for Twilight princess save files with a certain checksum.

Hmmmm. I'm so curious to update and all, but I have 8 GH3 Customs that used Trucha. I play them ALOT and don't wanna risk not being able to play them. What to do, what to do? If anyone updates and happens to have GH3 Customs, please let us know if they work. Thx. Lol. I should just go ahead and update anyway tongue.gif
It's about 90% that they will NOT work.

Bushing linked to this in #wiidev and made the channel +m noting that full analysis was not completed.
http://pastie.org/216298

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: I like how Amazon just has one long Add to cart button now just in case I forget where it is +1