嵐の王
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
DvDrmann said:
And so the cat & mouse firmware game continues...

Listen Ninty, I bought your product. You have my money. Now 'F'-0ff with your supposed upgrades and firmwares(lock-0uts).

If i want to drive over it on the road and crush it to bits or eat a fried egg off of it, it's my business. This Wii belongs to Mii.

They're pulling that old $ony, M$ crap. If a brilliant mind has come up with a SOLUTION to IMPROVE your stagnant device, so be it.
Just let it happen. Or be like the rest(PSP etc.) and COPY the Homebrew geniuses(D_A & Mat.) and implement or include innovations in future updates and claim them as your dev's ideas.

meh....

i won't be updating. If this doesn't make my overall experience BETTER, then what's the point.
Get a grip Ninty pleease....Don't be like the rest.

STFU Nintendo is doing what they need to do to protect their IP from being stolen. You'd do the same thing if some ass hat is stealing food from your house

imgod22222

GBAtemp's Original No-faced Member
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Wii Menu version 3.3 is now
available for your Wii Console. To
update your Wii Menu to the latest
version, please select the Update
button at the bottom of the screen
or select the System Update option
in Wii System Settings.

With this update, you can now
move a Mii from the Mii Plaza to
The Mii Parade in the Mii Channel.
To do this, simply pick up a Mii
using the A and B Buttons and
then release it over the Mii Parade
icon in the upper-right corner of the
screen.

Because unauthorized modifications
to save files may impair game play
or the Wii console, updating to Wii
Menu version 3.3 will also check for
and automatically remove such save files.

**Please note:
If you've updated your Wii Menu
after June 17, you may not need
to update again.

Thank you for updating your Wii
Console

Deletable_Man

Old Man
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
olvap377 said:
its not even that good considering we now have homebrew channel and the only regret i have is mfe only worked with tp

Uh no? got MFE working just fine here with the Homebrew Channel. Obviously you're not doing it right.

olvap377

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
it works for 30 secs and the n laggs out frezzez and i have to hard reboot what version u using mine is wii mfe with mfe-vs or wateva in root and the rest in apps

teq

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
They're barely patching the Mario Kart save hacks? This is rediculous.

I doubt Waninoko's save extractor/installer will work after this...

QUOTE said:
it works for 30 secs and the n laggs out frezzez and i have to hard reboot what version u using mine is wii mfe with mfe-vs or wateva in root and the rest in apps

Please work on the spelling, grammar, and punctuation -- it helps a lot...

The problem is probably with your SD card or additional peripherals plugged into the system. It may also be the way you have your card structured.

olvap377

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
i hear in mfe u need to have short names? and i have hope by the end of this week team twizzers will have fixed this and then some and we will all be happily playing on our hacked wiis

FireEmblemGuy

Celebrating a decade of shitposting
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Anyone know if it breaks unauthorized VC games or other channels without proper tickets? My brother wants to take the Wii online while he's away, but if he has to update I'll have to put my foot down.

harrybuttox

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well if Waninkoko's downgrader does as its supposed to..people who have the HBC installed can downgrade to a previous working firmware. Lets hope it does what he says.

teq

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Okay, I did a little research and it might only affect new saves added to the system.

For example, the Mario Kart saves with 100% unlock will probably no longer work.

If the save isn't signed with your system's ID, it probably will no longer allow it, even if the save has the ability to be transferred to and from the SD card.

phyl0x

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
but even with a lower firmware (just dont update?) it wont fix the problem that new games will require the new firmware, thats what needs to be fixed if this really does take out truca/hbc...but that not confirmed yet...so far we only know it stops the tilight hack.

teq

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
olvap377 said:
i hear in mfe u need to have short names? and i have hope by the end of this week team twizzers will have fixed this and then some and we will all be happily playing on our hacked wiis

Yes, a portion of the MFE is not compatible with long file names. I posted this a long time ago, when people were still having problems playing videos.

Also, stick to alpha-numerics, as symbols and spaces can cause errors, too.

DvDrmann

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Bloodgod said:
DvDrmann said:
And so the cat & mouse firmware game continues...

Listen Ninty, I bought your product. You have my money. Now 'F'-0ff with your supposed upgrades and firmwares(lock-0uts).

If i want to drive over it on the road and crush it to bits or eat a fried egg off of it, it's my business. This Wii belongs to Mii.

They're pulling that old $ony, M$ crap. If a brilliant mind has come up with a SOLUTION to IMPROVE your stagnant device, so be it.
Just let it happen. Or be like the rest(PSP etc.) and COPY the Homebrew geniuses(D_A & Mat.) and implement or include innovations in future updates and claim them as your dev's ideas.

meh....

i won't be updating. If this doesn't make my overall experience BETTER, then what's the point.
Get a grip Ninty pleease....Don't be like the rest.

STFU Nintendo is doing what they need to do to protect their IP from being stolen. You'd do the same thing if some ass hat is stealing food from your house
"STFU?".... well that was charming. I think everyone here realizes what/why Nintendo attempts to close off the likes of Waninoko's work.
But, tell me, why are you here, involved on this great forum after 400 odd posts? Unless it's to surround yourself with the rest of us "ass hats".
I don't condone stealing of any sort but after a lot of hard work by very talented people, i don't think there should be "lockout" type firmwares that prevent me from playing my back ups or try out some pretty neat homebrew on offer.
Embrace innovation, don't stifle it.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    AncientBoi @ AncientBoi: :rofl2: