Hacking New Update Is Live

RadioShadow

Trophies
XP
Country
I don't think the Wad Channel Installer has it. So that should work fine.

But why the heck will the update remove regional saves? So every time I play the game, it won't save? GREAT JOB NINTENDO!

littlestevie

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
RadioShadow said:
I don't think the Wad Channel Installer has it. So that should work fine.

But why the heck will the update remove regional saves? So every time I play the game, it won't save? GREAT JOB NINTENDO!

1st time i made an error and said no to the question i edited it..... to say yes they will work

skawo96

Trophies
XP
Country
Ohwkay, so I installed da homebrew hannel and I am waiting to some news. I hope thet someone will HAX DA UPDATE TO DA DEATH
tpi.gif
evil.gif

And for now people PLEASE BE CALM AND FOR NOW DO NOT UPDATE thats of course for people that are using homebrew

Critical_Impact

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
If Nintendo actually considered updating something relevant or added in a new kick ass feature I might think about updating. But that's probably not going to happen so my Wii will sit in the corner until new games get released or they release something good firmware wise.

skawo96

Trophies
XP
Country
Critical_Impact said:
If Nintendo actually considered updating something relevant or added in a new kick ass feature I might think about updating. But that's probably not going to happen so my Wii will sit in the corner until new games get released or they release something good firmware wise.

That's right. Mii channel
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
And there is no way that this firmware, and any other firmware won't be hacked. This is only slowing down something that was going for long time. And I'll please: make a sticky about 3.3.

littlestevie

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
skawo96 said:
Critical_Impact said:

That's right. Mii channel
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
And there is no way that this firmware, and any other firmware will be hacked. This is only slowing down something that was going for long time. And I'll please: make a sticky about 3.3.

well people are working on it and it will be possible eventually, if its needed

skawo96

Trophies
XP
Country
QUOTE said:
Update 4: It’s interesting to look at the timestamps here. The System Menu has a build marker of “systemmenu.rvl.0803060727? – yes, that’s March 6, 2008, 07:27. This update to the menu only accomplished one thing, as far as I can tell — the blocking of the TP hack. (I guess we can count the IOS30 patch together with it.) They spent 3 months testing it — this isn’t actually that surprising, when you consider the potential financial damage if they roll an update out that bricks Wiis.

Congrats to tmbinc and tehpola for finding a combination of two bugs in the code that Nintendo added that — when combined — allow us to fool their check into ignoring the TP hack. More info will be forthcoming — I still wouldn’t rush to update my system, anyway.

This still leaves the issue of how to deal with IOS30; there are several different ways to deal with this — some of which have already been released by people — and we’ll need to take some time to decide on the best one to use and test it thoroughly. There’s no urgency here, no need to rush into something.

Hey, they have found something

sphere9

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Update 4: It’s interesting to look at the timestamps here. The System Menu has a build marker of “systemmenu.rvl.0803060727″ – yes, that’s March 6, 2008, 07:27. This update to the menu only accomplished one thing, as far as I can tell — the blocking of the TP hack. (I guess we can count the IOS30 patch together with it.) They spent 3 months testing it — this isn’t actually that surprising, when you consider the potential financial damage if they roll an update out that bricks Wiis.

Congrats to tmbinc and tehpola for finding a combination of two bugs in the code that Nintendo added that — when combined — allow us to fool their check into ignoring the TP hack. More info will be forthcoming — I still wouldn’t rush to update my system, anyway.

This still leaves the issue of how to deal with IOS30; there are several different ways to deal with this — some of which have already been released by people — and we’ll need to take some time to decide on the best one to use and test it thoroughly. There’s no urgency here, no need to rush into something.

DoyleBrunson

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
skawo96 said:
DoyleBrunson said:
Tio BOB said:
Quick question: will scrubbed games still work?

Sorry but has this been answered yet?
If they are onlyt scrubbed they will problably work, but if it's truchasigned it will not.

Ok cool, so scrubbed games probably work, custom GH3 and patched no more heroes/ssbb ect wont. Thank You.

skawo96

Trophies
XP
Country
sphere9 said:
Update 4: It’s interesting to look at the timestamps here. The System Menu has a build marker of “systemmenu.rvl.0803060727? – yes, that’s March 6, 2008, 07:27. This update to the menu only accomplished one thing, as far as I can tell — the blocking of the TP hack. (I guess we can count the IOS30 patch together with it.) They spent 3 months testing it — this isn’t actually that surprising, when you consider the potential financial damage if they roll an update out that bricks Wiis.

Haven't I posted it five posts ago?
huh.gif
blink.gif
unsure.gif

QUOTEOk cool, so scrubbed games probably work, custom GH3 and patched no more heroes/ssbb ect wont. Thank You.
No prob.

sphere9

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
skawo96 said:
sphere9 said:

Haven't I posted it five posts ago?
huh.gif
blink.gif
unsure.gif

QUOTEOk cool, so scrubbed games probably work, custom GH3 and patched no more heroes/ssbb ect wont. Thank You.
No prob.

sorry didn't notice, must have had window open too long without refreshing.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I've been on since 9.0
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Are you gonna do your ps5 if the hack comes? Is there worries of bans, like the ps3
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Probably not I got cross play friends
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    By then I'll have some little mini pc anyway
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    only ps5 updated to latest firmware can go on psn, jailbroken ones just don't use psn or they risk getting flagged or banned, altho spouting profanity in online play alredy does that
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Keep current Gen consoles stock mod last gen imo
  • DinohScene @ DinohScene:
    Anyone dumb enough to get banned for spouting profanity deserves it.
    +1
  • Y @ YuseiFD:
    Then how come you do it and don't get banned ? or is it a question of getting caught doing it ?
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    wtf is the point of banning swearing in games? that's utterly a dumb decision

the new generation playing MWII won't be as hardened as the previous one playing original MW2
  • Veho @ Veho:
    What's the point of video games? Kids playing video games won't be as hardened as the previous ones getting shoved down a hillside.
    +2
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    exactly my point
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    kids, yall are fucking pussies, grow some asshair before you even dare touch My Friend Peppa Pig or Mario's Early Years
    +1
  • Bunjolio @ Bunjolio:
    ddddddddddddddddddddddd
  • Bunjolio @ Bunjolio:
    my fingie hurt
  • HiradeGirl @ HiradeGirl:
    Why?
  • Bunjolio @ Bunjolio:
    hangnail thing I think
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    ... that's rough buddy
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    This parrot is no more it has ceased to be!
  • Bunjolio @ Bunjolio:
    peepee
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Roll them little snake eyes in
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Roll them little snake eyes in