totalnoob617

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
FUK NETFLIX!!
botcott those bastards those mutha fukers are going up from $8 10 $16 !!!!
everyone should call up immediately and cancel their service untill they come back down on their price
that is outrageous , just arbitrarily going up on your customers by DOUBLE for no fukin reason greedy FUKIN C0CK SUCKERS
FUK THOSE ASSHOLES

machomuu

Drops by occasionally
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
totalnoob617 said:
FUK NETFLIX!!
everyone should call up immediately and cancel their service untill they come back down on their price
that is outrageous , just arbitrarily going up on your customers by DOUBLE for no fukin reason greedy FUKIN C0CK SUCKERS
FUK THOSE ASSHOLES
I'll be sure to send paper bricks to them at once
rolleyes.gif

totalnoob617

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
ill be sure to send them an envelope ... filled with white powder
once a week for the next 3 years or untill they go back to the other price
maybe a ticking package to the ceo

BTW machomuu , im glad to see your happy about your bill doubling and going up by 100% and paying double for a service for no reason

machomuu

Drops by occasionally
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
totalnoob617 said:
BTW machomuu , im glad to see your happy about your bill doubling and going up by 100% and paying double for a service for no reason
Never said I was happy about it, but you're overreacting.

And that envelope thing is hilarious, by the way.

jwcgator

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
totalnoob617 said:

Actually, I remember reading something about how modern bombs don't "tick", they vibrate. It was something about how someone's luggage got intercepted at the airport because it was vibrating and that's what the security person told him.

Go buy a vibrator, set it on low, send it in a package.

leeday100196

GBAtemp's Official Infernape™
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
jwcgator said:
totalnoob617 said:

Actually, I remember reading something about how modern bombs don't "tick", they vibrate. It was something about how someone's luggage got intercepted at the airport because it was vibrating and that's what the security person told him.

Go buy a vibrator, set it on low, send it in a package.
This +1. Make sure it's a reasonably-sized package.

DiscostewSM

Trophies
Website
lazerlight.x10.mx
XP
Country
United States
I'm not happy about the price hike, but this is how business works. If your sources are increasing their prices (like licensing), then you do the same to offset the losses from the increase they started.

Well, if they are making a profit from this, then they better fix some of the problems they have, like how the 3DS Netflix app won't play the audio from Dr. Horrible's Sing Along Blog!

leeday100196

GBAtemp's Official Infernape™
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Here in Australia, we don't have Netflix (yet), all we have is some Nintendo Video app we download from the eShop and (I DID read the T's and C's) it's not a subscription-based thing, it just goes via WiFi. Sometimes, having extra does come at a price huh?

mysticwaterfall

Streamforce Supreme Commander
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
totalnoob617 said:
FUK NETFLIX!!
FUK THOSE ASSHOLES

If you have the streaming only plan, your price doesn't go up at all. If you have the streaming + dvd plan, yes you're price goes up. If thats you, before you "F Netflix", you should think about how important the combo is to you. As PC World points out:

"A true Netflix alternative simply doesn't exist. By cobbling together disparate sources, you'll probably spend more money than you would by sticking with Netflix. Blockbuster's DVD plan is more expensive and doesn't include streaming. Amazon's streaming plan is slightly cheaper but has a smaller selection. You could keep renting Netflix DVDs and purchase on-demand streaming video from other sources, but Netflix is a better deal if you watch more than few movies per month. You can keep streaming from Netflix and rely on Redbox for DVDs, but then you lose the convenience of home delivery and will be choosing from a smaller library."

PHALLIUS

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
totalnoob617 said:
FUK NETFLIX!!
FUK THOSE ASSHOLES

I would love to boycott Netflix, but this isn't their fault. Sony and Paramount, along with the other studios, signed a 5 year deal back in 2006. They had NO IDEA netflix was going to explode like this. Now Sony, Paramount and the others are raising their due costs to Netflix by 5X. This means that Netflix had to go one of two ways...either lose all the subscribers because of all the studio pullouts, or raise the rates and keep the blockbuster lineup. If you want to boycott Netflix, then you are boycotting the wrong company. It wasn't Netflix who raised their rates...it was the big studios.

totalnoob617

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
im sorry but that is an outrageou and ridiculous jump to go from 8 to 16 dollars, that is gouging, they should not be able to get away with that, and if everyone called and threated to boycott or concel their service then we would see just how fast the price would go back to what it was, there is no excuse for doubling your customers bills ,they are rapeing people they could charge much less and still be making a profit , that whole studio raising their fees is BS , redbox still only charges a dollar ,a fukin dollar , they are charging you 8 dollars more if you were to deduct the cost of a old price for streaming only service,
which btw has increaced or is going to go up too , sure not double but by almost 25% from 8$ to 10$
if everyone calles and complains and cancels you wouldnt be without nf for long only till they lower their rates back to normal , if redbox can charge 1 dollar or 1.50 then you cant tell me that they are not gouging you , for wht theay are charging i could rent 8 redbox movies a month ,

people have become way too complacent and the corporations know it , they know they can $hit on us all they want and people wont do or say $hit about it ,that is why they are getting more bold ,and that is why they are raising prices and gouging their customers , not because they have to to stay in busniess
look at the major cell cariers, now at&t and verizon are getting rid of their unlimited internet and data plans , and you will have to pay by the minute for what you use or by the magabyte or whatever , there is no more 1 set price for unlimited internet , that they have offered for years, oh so now i am supposed to believe that it is all of a sudden costing them more money? that is BS they have more customers now than ever and technology prices are supposed to go down ,not up, they are just greedy scum Fuks , fukin corporate pigs that gouge you because they think/know that they can get away with it , and cause they are public companies and they have to keep producing higher and higher profits , with out end to not be delisted from the exchange they are listed on , it is not sustainable and that is why they can never make enough money ,it has nothing at all to do with them being profitable enough to stay in busniess it has to do with what the street expects from them and the more earning they post the more that is expected , it is an endless cycle of greed that can never be satisfied

FireValk01

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
you gotta figure netflix also has series' that people watch. that can add up real quick. does red box have sitcoms or tv shows? i really dont know. and im not really trying to justify their price hike. i was pretty irritated bc i was just fixing to change my plan to include dvds bc some of the movies and shows you have to get by dvd.

chartube12

Captain Chaz 86
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I dropped my DVD option yesterday. I do understand why they are doing this though. With more and more Devices with an netflix app out there, they have more apps to manage and do updates for. Also only a few of these companies are paying netflix for their movies/televisions to be on there. Netflix actually has to pay out money for most of the videos on there service.

jesterscourt

Not Brad.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Netflix had to raise their prices, some of the licenses were going to cost them EIGHT to TEN TIMES what they initially signed for years ago. Yeah, if your costs go up an order of magnitude, something has to give. I just wish Netflix would have been more honest, and just stated "Our costs are going way up, in order to continue to give you the titles were currently have, and offer more in the future, we need to raise our prices to stay in business". I would have been okay with that.

koji2009

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Not slow at all for me. Initial loading is slightly longer than the Wii/PS3, but nothing too bad and once a video starts it's butter.

Serina

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
if I recall correctly, they're trying to bolster the streaming service by trying to get people to stop with the DVD sending. it's costly for them to send dvds, and keep in mind that if you only used the plan to stream (like myself) then you're not really effected by the change. they're also planning to use the extra cash (from people dropping the dvd shipping) to get more shows available for streaming. they're just trying to make the streaming service better, and they probably envision a future in which you can reach all of their content through the streaming plan.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Sonic Angel Knight @ Sonic Angel Knight: :ninja: