Netflix launches a game controller app on iOS

netflix game controller.jpg

Netflix is moving ahead with its gaming ambitions and its latest move is a new app to control games. Simply named the Netflix Game Controller app, it was released on the App Store for iPhone and iPad with the following description:

Coming soon to Netflix. Play games on your TV with the Netflix Game Controller. This Game Controller app pairs with your TV and allows you to play games on Netflix using your phone or mobile device.

While the app is available to download, additional details such as supported games and whether an Android version will be available are lacking. When asked about these questions, a Netflix spokesperson told Engadget that it isn't making comments at this time.

:arrow: SOURCE

Kioku

猫。子猫です!
Trophies
Website
www.twitch.tv
XP
Country
United States
a was
Because corporations believe in infinite and constant upward growth, so they are willing to go with any idea, even if it's a failure. Why? Netflix revolutionalized movie streaming, so they DEFINITELY can do the same for gaming, that's the logic.
I don’t know about revolutionized… They saw YouTube and said “let’s do that”.

The Catboy

GBAtemp Official Catboy™: Boywife
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
a was

I don’t know about revolutionized… They saw YouTube and said “let’s do that”.
I am tackling this from the position of an executive who would see Netflix like that.

Reactions: Kioku

gaga941021

Trophies
XP
Country
Hungary
It's a phone app to play games with your phone as a controller, and I think it's pretty obvious coming from Netflix that the next step will be game streaming
You do realise, that the games you can play with Netflix subscription right now, would have no problem to run on any android TV natively, right?

Adding an option to use your phone as a controller for these is a necessity.

Otherwise the app would not have much of a use. Since people who would be interested in gaming, would most likely have their own controllers, which would work without problem on both phone and TV.

Defective1Up

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
They'll add games on and then announce each plan being increased by $4 to cover for all the losses of this flopping six months later.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: People's funny bones are the same taste indeed