Hacking New update for M3i Zero & M3DS Real (21-04-10)

aragon

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yay, another update at handheldsources!

Quite a few fixes for recent games, I will check this out tonight.

Cyrez

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
QUOTE said:
Change Log of 21-4-2010 4.8a x
==============================
1.Solve the problem of adding the soft-rest function for Game 4826,4827,4828,4829,4833,4834,4835,4843,4853,4864
2.Solve the problem of adding the RTS function for Game 4825,4827,4828,4829,4833,4834,4835,4843,4846,4851,4853,4857,4858,4871,4872
3.Fix the compatibility of game 4813,4824,4825,4828,4829,4830,4833,4834,4835,4843,4846,4851,4853,4857,4858,4861,4862,4863,4864,4871,4872

Personally, though, I'm lazy so I'm waiting for Sakura to get patched.
cool.gif

powered_by_tux

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
In theory, and now obviously in practise, the HG/SS issues were already fixed in the previous version, so they apparently did not bother to check why it still did not work for some people. Most M3 users are probably using Rudolph's patch now. Still, it would be interesting to know whether the freezing is fixed now, anyone can try a clean ROM and a new save with this version?

Also, the usage of the fix is now stretched to the German and Italian versions of this game.

Cyrez

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I've never used the patch, so if people wanna know that badly I can just switch my firmware and give it a spin.

Dark^'^Knigh

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Thanks for the news.
It's funny in a way, that when I saw this topic I immediately presumed it to be either nonsense or inaccurate, because I am so used to seeing PCGB 'racing' others (esp. dsrules) to be the first to post the news.

Jakob95

I am the Avatar
Suspended
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
R4iRTS and iTouch are also updated. Anyone want to check if they will work on the Hex boot? By the which games got fixed and what got fixed in them? Don't give me a bunch of numbers I don't want to go to ds-scene and keep checking what game got fixed.

Dark^'^Knigh

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
DeltaBurnt said:
Still no Kaura update :\
Not that this overly bothers me (I can wait), but if I were the M3 Team I would be releasing firmware updates for my current "marquee" products first, or at the very least, at the same time as the older firmwares. If there are other forces at work that will always delay Sakura/Kaura updates, then delay all other cart updates so everyone receives current up-to-date firmwares concurrently.
I say this because they seem to cop way too much flack for releasing updates to older firmwares first. I personally, don't mind because I always wait for Sakura updates. I'm not one of those seemingly trillions of people that need to play problematic new game releases YESTERDAY (especially before any other cart can).

DeltaBurnt

I'm bored
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Dark^'^Knight said:
DeltaBurnt said:
Still no Kaura update :\
Not that this overly bothers me (I can wait), but if I were the M3 Team I would be releasing firmware updates for my current "marquee" products first, or at the very least, at the same time as the older firmwares. If there are other forces at work that will always delay Sakura/Kaura updates, then delay all other cart updates so everyone receives current up-to-date firmwares concurrently.
I say this because they seem to cop way too much flack for releasing updates to older firmwares first. I personally, don't mind because I always wait for Sakura updates. I'm not one of those seemingly trillions of people that need to play problematic new game releases YESTERDAY (especially before any other cart can).

Well I'm more talking about updating the firmware itself...so it supports homebrew and so it doesn't corrupt saves...

The Catboy

GBAtemp Official Catboy™: Boywife
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
Dark^'^Knight said:
Thanks for the news.
It's funny in a way, that when I saw this topic I immediately presumed it to be either nonsense or inaccurate, because I am so used to seeing PCGB 'racing' others (esp. dsrules) to be the first to post the news.
I don't really monitor the M3 updates anymore. Also it's just TPCB.
And in case anyone was wondering, the Quad-Boots are being updated and such.

Dark^'^Knigh

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
The Pink Cat Boy said:
Dark^'^Knight said:
Thanks for the news.
I'm slighly perplexed by your post, given you monitor the firmware stickies and provide current firmware updates
wacko.gif

Note: no need to reference PCGB!! It was not intended to insult/flame you. Please stop with your 'drama queen' antics, it became tiresome a long time ago.

The Catboy

GBAtemp Official Catboy™: Boywife
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
Dark^'^Knight said:
The Pink Cat Boy said:
Dark^'^Knight said:
Thanks for the news.
I'm slighly perplexed by your post, given you monitor the firmware stickies and provide current firmware updates
wacko.gif

Note: no need to reference PCGB!! It was not intended to insult/flame you. Please stop with your 'drama queen' antics, it became tiresome a long time ago.
Sorry if I wasn't clear on that one, it's late and I am pretty tired. What I mean is, I no longer constantly check for the updates like I used to. I used to have it in a little tab up under the url, but then I had to reformat my computer, long story short I just haven't been checking for the updates as often as I used to.
And sorry about that then, I was just trying to clear something up.
EDIT: Also The quad-boots will be updated in the morning. My computer isn't doing so good and I am far too tired to fix it.

aragon

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
SMT: Strange Journey is 4821 and was updated in 4.8x on 24-3-2010.
Release numbers follow the list on ds-scene.net.

spiflication

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Oops, didn't realize that about release numbers.

Hrmm. Yeah I know 4.8x had fixes for SMT:SJ but I thought it still hadn't been completely fixed yet? From what I've read on various forums it seemed like people were still having freezing problems throughout the game. Even while running sakura 1.47x and with the patched rom, the game still freezes for me at the intro. Are people now reporting that it works okay for them without freezing and the ability to save? It's possible I'm doing some step in the process wrong about it, not sure what though. hrmm...

DemonicChocobo

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Out of curiosity, does this update fix the Warioware DIY problem that freezes the game when taking games from crates over Wifi?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: